december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:16:05 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
wolfgang walks around, an arm bent behind with his hand on his nape. he walks around, awkwardly looking around at people busy with the last few moments of the event.

this is why you don't rush things, he thinks to himself.

on the corner of his eye, he spots someone who seemed to be equally as rushed as everyone else. she just stands out because of her general demeanor, he supposed. something in her prompts wolfy to decide she's better to approach than anyone else.

"hey!" he calls. "battle?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:23:41 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
It's instinct by this point. After several days (or... months? Definitely felt like months, though that couldn't possibly be right) of Star Tournament related shenanigans, Skyler was pretty much on auto-pilot.

Silver eyes met with someone else's. Her muscles tensed. Before she could even think about it, the words were leaving her mouth. After all, once your eyes meet, you can't just say no to a challenge. She'd read that somewhere.

"Yeah, I'll even let you attack first." Even the confident swagger feels somewhat tired. "Let's go."

Between the two of them, a portly dog appears.

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:27:41 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"nice."

his voice carries both sarcasm and delight that it can just be constituted as a neutral tone. the intent, however, wasn't there as it is a natural response.

"rollout."

it's the move of the lazy. repetitive motions that hits the opponent was nice since one doesn't need to think of anything else. the typhlosion rolls into a ball and rolls towards the dog.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:36:19 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Woofer isn't a battler, exactly. He is a guardian, a keeper and he definitely barks at every intruder that dare step close to his owners' apartment. Those being Skyler's parents, of course. That said, Woofer wasn't without his tricks. Most of them involving chasing after objects and snoring very loudly.

When a moving object hurtles in his direction, Woofer's tail turns into a dangerously wagging mop.

"Fetch" At Skyler's single command, he launches himself at the rolling Typhlosion with bright canine enthusiasm, landing a TAKE DOWN as he attempts to somewhat stop its momentum.

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:56:05 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
the rollout was still weak from its first iteration. the stoutland manages to knock it back a considerable distance away, only to have it roll back to it.

"keep on rolling out."

part of him wonders if he should just switch the game plan, though part of him is actually curious how long his own pokemon can keep up the rollout.

he takes a look at his wristwatch, takes note of the current time, and decides to time his pokemon.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:06:10 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Woofer's fur seems to absorb the recoil damage pretty well, there being no outward sign of damage. Then again, that might be because his grandiose moustache distracts most people from - everything else.

This time Skyler doesn't really have to do anything. Like a puppy that has found a new toy, Woofer's excitement grows by a thousandfold when the ball he'd slammed into comes back! By itself! Wow!

This is now the best day of Woofer's life. He's so distracted that Typhosion manages to roll over him before the canine can think to do much. Still, the BABY-DOLL EYES are an attack unto itself as they focus on their opponents.

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:11:38 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
the rollout hits the stoutland, and since the typhlosion is curled into a ball, it's unable to get charmed. it just keeps on rolling, going back to the stoutland.

"is your, uh, stoutland okay?" he asks.

after all, the stoutland was just looking at the typhlosion all giddy. it's not even doing anything to stop it. he hopes the pokemon they're up against wasn't a masochist that just wants to get rolled out.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:21:19 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Yes...?" Even Skyler doesn't seem too sure about it, Woofer's inaction worrying her a little bit. It seems to be unfounded, however, as the large dog promptly launches into sudden movement, tongue lolling out as he chases after the Typhlosion with a quickly accelerating dash.

For such a large doggo, the Stoutland moves way faster than one would expect, dense fur hiding the muscle beneath. It's not easy task lugging around all that fur.

"Seems fine. He's just a little bit old. Don't worry."

And then Woofer lunges forward, teeth out as he attempts to sink his fangs into his opponent (CRUNCH). 

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:26:05 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
a bit old... wolfgang nods as if accepting the explanation as valid and decides to wait on things to unfold. it's not like there's stopping the rollout.

the stoutland chomps hard on the typhlosion. it suddenly ends the rollout as the pokemon starts to curl in pain on the ground. it growls pitifully, causing a deep sigh from wolfgang.

there's stopping the rollout, he supposed.

"can you just stop being a baby?" he reprimands his pokemon to no avail. at least its tantrum continues the fight as it expels flames from its body with burn up.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:37:36 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Skyler's eyes widen as the flames spread to Stoutland's fur. "Put it out, Woofer! Roll!" In response, Woofer's plops down onto the ground, smothering the flames as best he can. Once they're all out he huffs indignantly. How dare they ruin his moustache?

Fur still smoking and sticking out in odd, scorched angles, Woofer growls at what he can see now is definitely not a toy. Skyler, on the other hand, attempts to smother her laughter at Woofer's new haircut. "W-woofer, Giga Impact!"

Taking a few steps back to get some momentum going, the Stoutland charges in the Typhplosion's direction - looking not unlike one of those fancy Kalosian Furfrou's gone wrong.

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:24:43 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
the giga impact throws the typhlosion a mile away from the original spot it had. it lays down, back against the ground, and appears to lay lifeless.

wolfgang can still see its flames growing strong with blaze. it's still up and can fight, but wolfgang knows of his pokemon's tendencies.

"sometimes, i don't know if my pokemon's just old too," he mutters as he approaches his pokemon. "or maybe he's just lazy. not sure."

he waves a hand at skyler to let her know that he needs a ceasefire to inspect his own pokemon. for a while, he just stands over his typhlosion, looking down at it until it makes a reaction.

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 19:04:07 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
The captain has actually no idea how old Woofer is, or if he can be considered old for his species. He simply has that distinguished look when he's not snoring, barking of trying to mark territory. 

Just as the canine in question had been about to chase after its newest chewing not-toy, Skyler's voice interrupts him. "Woofer, stop!" With her luck, the Typhlosion's trainer would be caught in the fray - and Skyler had caused enough property damage, the first of which had been a volley ball. But it had certainly not been the last.

"Everything okay over there?" Tired silver eyes peer at the apparently 'fainted' pokemon. "Should we continue or do we go get a drink?"

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 3:17:03 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
"yeah, this is normal." he takes a deep breath and promptly recalls the problem pokemon. he'd say more to his typhlosion, but those words can't be heard by other people because he's respectful.

"i'd rather just get a drink," he says after an exasperated sigh. "can't really get my other pokemon involved in battles anyways."

it's not that they can't battle-- though months of inactivity might as well get them to that point. it's just that he needs them for something else that wasn't battling.

"know a good place nearby?"

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:42:21 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Silver eyes search the nearby area, as if just by looking she'd be able to materialize a beachside bar. Alas, nothing really meets her gaze. The more touristic Slateport beachfront, however, has bars and drinking establishments aplenty.

"Yeah, the beachfront has some nice ones. Short walk away." Skyler stretches, shoulders popping as she does her best to stifle a yawn. Exhaustion lines the skin under her eyes, countless battles and nightly revelries having sapped most of her energy. Today, she thinks to herself, all she's drinking is juice. And water.

"Come on." Beckoning him to follow her and the Stoutland still at her side, Skyler makes for one of the nearby tiki bars. 

close tab

played by

aero

wolfy
he/him
december 6
azalea town, johto
bisexual
mechanic
baker boy
dating
94 height
94 height
awards
385 posts
part of
TAG WITH @wolfgang
wolfgang volkov
wolfgang vs skyler [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:39:49 GMT
wolfgang volkov Avatar
he shrugs and follows.

"you really drink in the middle of the day, huh?" he asks as he follows behind skyler. "you sure that won't affect your matches later?"

wolfgang feels the need to ask even though he ultimately doesn't care. it's kinda like getting a feel of the people living on hoenn, which he can already assume to be one of the most undesirable people already.