2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 11:17:13 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Dark sunglasses rest crookedly over her nose as Skyler makes her way to the makeshift battlefield over the sandy expanse of Slateport beach. A pokemon already follows at her side, Kabutops's pre-historical exoskeleton shining under the Hoennian sun.

"You're @aria ?" Her voice calls out to the woman standing some feet away. She'd read the name, but nothing else had been given to her. She was just guessing at this point.

@aria

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 11:20:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]coming out of early tournament retirement, aria's forced into one last battle. but then again, she thought her battle against was her last one, so maybe this one won't be either.

"yes, that's me! i love your sunglasses. where'd you get them from?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.aria] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .aria b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .aria .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .aria .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .aria .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .aria .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 11:27:16 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Uh..." She'd actually swiped them from a table the night before while enjoying the festivities. In her defense, they'd looked pretty much abandoned.

In the end, Skyler simply shrugs. Unabashed. "Found them last night in a bar. They seemed pretty lonely."

A grin pulls at her lips, easing into conversation before the battle takes actual place. "Been battling for long? I gotta admit, I feel like this tournament's been going on forever..."

@aria

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 12:39:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]"they look much less lonely now."

aria giggles as she glances up at them. they do look really nice.

at question, she shakes her head.

"i feel that, too...i'm surprised more people haven't burned out yet. but no, i don't usually battle, but if that's what you're here for..."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.aria] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .aria b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .aria .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .aria .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .aria .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .aria .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 12:46:59 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Said sunglasses slide a little bit down her nose, just so the ship captain can give her opponent a cheeky wink. Almost immediately she regrets the action, her headache bursting with renewed strength within her brain.

"I was actually dragged to the tournament, s'not really my thing."
Skyler is competitive, but tradicional battles aren't usually her realm of expertise. "I did get into some fun competitions. Rock climbing, wrestling, paintball matches... They're pretty lenient about it."

Arms stretch high above her head, popping a shoulder with a sigh of relief.

"Speaking of, ready?"

@aria

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:06:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]"those sound fun, though not really my thing either."

nor is battling, but here she is.

with a gentle nod, she retrieves a pokeball and holds it between her fingers for a moment to give a friendly warning:

"it's about to get quite chilly."

the presence of the abomasnow whips up HAIL.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:14:24 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Clad in her sporty shorts and a simple t-shirt, Skyler's given no choice other than to do her best to withstand the sudden cold that falls over the area. Teeth chattering, she rubs her hands up and down her arms in an attempt to try and warm up.

"N-next time tell me t-to bring a coat... Shit."

Kabutops didn't seem overly happy with this either, its annoyed chittering floating up from its carapace and getting caught up in the freezing gusts of wind.

Before visibility becomes an issue, Kabutops digs its blades into the sand and hurtles the sediments into the opponent's eyes with a SAND ATTACK.

@aria

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:17:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]aria's almost always dressed for the cold as apparent by the coat she has on. because of that, she doesn't think about how others might be underdressed to withstand such temperatures.

"oops. here,"

shrugging her coat off, she approaches to offer it to skyler.

"i'm used to the cold; actually prefer it."

abomasnow roars at the SAND ATTACK, blinking to try and regain vision. he sets up an AURORA VEIL in the meantime.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:26:24 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"Thanks." Skyler gladly accepts the coat with a lopsided smile, quickly wrapping it around her larger frame. Although a bit tight, it fits. It also looks completely ridiculous on her - she could count on one hand the time she's had to dress formally, and she hated every moment of it.

The warmth that envelops her the moment the coat is brought around her, however, makes her rethink. At least in this moment.

"I think you're one of the few people who wear coats in Hoenn." A pause, something bewildered flickering in the captain's expression. "Especially in the summer."

Interpreting the Aurora Veil as an attack against her, Kabutops immediately retaliates by launching herself at the Abomasnow, blades sinking into icy plantlife at the same time that a ROCK THROW is aimed at the pokemon's eye.

@aria

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:46:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]it's a bit chilly without her coat; her arms come up to cross over her chest, conserving warmth from escaping.

"it is a bit crazy, i'll admit, but they're really comfortable."

ROCK THROW crashes against a raised arm; bits and pieces crumble to the ground.

abomasnow roars before swinging a massive WOOD HAMMER down on the kabutops.

"and they make me feel safe."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:00:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
Being this close to the Abomasnow enables the Kabutops to narrowly dodge the deadly Wood Hammer before it can smash against her chitinous carapace. Hail rains down on the pre-historical pokemon, hurting her slightly. She barely reacts before climbing onto the Abomasnow's back to pelt it with a ROCK SLIDE.

Skyler, someone who wears mostly sports clothes and wetsuits, quirks an eyebrow at the woman's statement. At least until the word 'safe' comes into play.

"Ah." The captain doesn't pretend to understand, but accepts it regardless. She pinches the collar of the coat between her fingers, frowning slightly. "You sure you don't want your coat back?"

@aria

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:07:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]with a smile, aria shakes her head and responds:

"quite sure. you look very comfortable in it."

a barrage of ROCK SLIDE smacks against abomasnow's back, tempting to tip him over. the prior AURORA VEIL allows him to remain standing, and knowing he can't possibly reach the kabutops with a WOOD HAMMER, abomasnow instead decides on something more potent.

SHEER COLD.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:23:48 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
She isn't. At all. Comfortable, that is. The warmth, however, more than makes up for it, especially when the temperature drops a few degrees more. It reminds her of her Lapras when they're throwing a temper tantrum about something or the other.

"There's no way this kind of cold is comfortable." Being a Hoenn native, Skyler would much rather bask in the heat.

The bad news is that some parts of Kabutops' carapace actually start to freeze; the good news is that due to her location the Abomasnow wouldn't be able to hit her without hitting itself too, so she was able to escape the inevitable KO. For the second time since their battle started, the ancient pokemon sends a ROCK SLIDE to fall on the Abomasnow's head.

@aria

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:26:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]"i suppose i'm just used to it."

but aria grew up in mossdeep...

this time, the ROCK SLIDE manages to tip the abomasnow over. he falls forward, landing flat against the ground to scatter sand across the area.

unsurprisingly, abomasnow struggles to get up, so he does the most logical thing and INGRAINS into the earth.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:32:44 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
"You should visit Shoal Cave then. Not sure if you've been. The only properly cold place in Hoenn." Probably assuming the woman was foreign, Skyler explains the location of said cave, more than familiar with it.

"Just be careful about pirates. They've been known to sometimes sail those waters. Not lately, but still..."

At the same time as the Ingrain reaches into the depths of the sand, Kabutops does the same - but with LEECH LIFE. Stealing Abomasnow's vitality for her own while the other attempts to heal. Clawed feet stomp onto the giant's back, making sure it stays down.

@aria