1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:59:58 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

The smell of the sea at the Slateport Harbor & Shipyard wasn't the same as the sea's smell on the shore of Cinnabar Island. Comparatively, this place smelled like fish and saltwater.

To a more aware nose however, the Harbor smelled like money.

The import and export business was booming in most regions, but Hoenn stronger than most.

It took a particular hand to keep a proper stranglehold on reigns of the Harbor. The recent activity he began to notice from his apartment views via Lower Slateport (and his secret "vigilante" moonlighting about the city outskirts, if you had to call it that), seemed to imply the Harbor had such a person now.

Sénon was dead set to meet such a person.

So here he was. "Mr. Black."

● tags:
● notes: mission specs

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 0:16:00 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab4"]
SEEKING TO UNDERSTAND HOENN MORE...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
a man of his position rarely came down to the 'front lines' to oversee production. however, the recent move has left him both equally restless, and concerned. the desire to understand how hoenn conducted business overwhelmed his lesser wantings.
[break][break]
thus, here he was, standing on rotting planks beneath sweltering rays. just on the cusp of finishing a conversation, a voice populates behind him. a simple nod dismisses the other fellow, as the titan turns onto the stranger.
[break][break]
"i'm afraid you have me a disadvantage. you are?"
[break][break]

[newclass=.gab4]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.gab4 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/G7bdLsX/gabby.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 3:31:54 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

The redhead took a gaze at the small hand on his wristwatch.

He was making good time but these things tended to be time sensitive.

He stepped forward to meet Gabriel at arms length.

"Sénon Game; Hoenn Head Ranger." One of two but, one nonetheless. "Sorry for the informal introduction. I'm a little pressed for time. Your reputation moves like wildfire, apparently you do the same. I've been trying to track you down for a couple of days now." He was high up enough on the league food chain to get the name of the man who ran the slateport docks now.

The untimely business he was tending to wasn't urgent enough for Ranger Game to make a house visit.

Besides the etiquette and professional courtesy of sparing Gabrial Black a house call the matter at hand, and the larger matter beyond it, were things to be spoken of with discretion.

"Can you swim Mr. Black?"

● tags:

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 4:56:43 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab4"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
his fellow red headed compatriot doesn't offer a lull in conversation, nor does gabriel press for one. with an unreadable expression, he listens, watches, and studies. his reason for coming here was more than a simple introduction. those could be done in the comfort of a chair, and air conditioning.
[break][break]
"i couldn't possibly guess what the rangers would want of me, but, i will bite. yes, i can swim. though, i had little plans too, today."
[break][break]
eyes narrow in question, and small-part, challenge.

[break][break]

[newclass=.gab4 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab4 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.gab4 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/G7bdLsX/gabby.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 7:09:38 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He didn't miss the eyes narrowing, Sénon loved a good squint when he was posturing too. Considering Black's side of things it he also didn't miss that he was being a bit aloof and misleading.

Neither of them really had time for it.

"Good." He snapped his fingers while making pointing gesture. Gabriel Black could swim. "Good. It probably won't even come up." It was just nice to cover the bases.

"Alright here it is." He crossed his arms before the older man. "Rangers deal with problem-pokémon not problem-people but there are rare exceptions. Highest among them, poachers. Or in this case, their seafaring cousins; pirates."

He pointed east out over the sea, "There's a small pirate band on the way to Pacifidlog right now." before putting both arms behind his back.

"I want your help to stop them."

● tags:

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 7:55:02 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab4"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
the unorthodox approach leaves gabriel off-guard —— ambushed. little research was done into the operations of the rangers, including their rank hierarchy. for all he knew, the man before was just a simple pick-pocket looking to earn an easy buck or two.
[break][break]
one of his large hands returns a pen to the inside of his coat pocket, a scrupulous look on his face.
[break][break]
"as you said yourself, mr. game. this sounds like something the rangers would handle."
[break][break]
when the youth offers no explanation to the burning question they both knew would come, gabriel makes it audible.
[break][break]
"why, pray tell, would you come to me of all people?"
[break][break]
he knew the answer. by tying up the water-ways and polluting the ocean with their guerilla warfare, they posed a significant risk to his business. a risk gabriel would want solved very quickly.
[break][break]
still, why him?
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 16:33:24 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

What started out as a smirk he couldn't suppress spread into a full grin that then ruptured into a baritone of short but genuine laughter.

Good man. Question the motives, ensure there's something to gained for your cooperation. It was nice to be reminded some men only got sharper with age.

Now that he had a child on the way, he was thinking about what kind of man he was going to be at his peak.

"Profits." He half shrugged, the situation was no more complicated than the motivation of the people he wanted to stop. "Your profits."

"This place is bustling, you do good work." He didn't break eye contact as he laid down the bricks to his path of logic. "I live around here so I noticed." He pointed east again. "-before long, they'll notice too. That's when you'll have to start coming down here for more than oversight and signatures."

One ride wouldn't stop pirates for good but it gave Gabriel the opportunity to begin to set the tone that Slateport wasn't worth the trouble. "i'm giving you a chance to ahead of those who would prey on your progress."

● tags:

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 21:39:31 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab4"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"so, your wish is that a show of force from the very-top would dissuade others from trying something similar?"
[break][break]
gabriel takes it under advisement, though it's more for show than anything else. the youth's enthusiasm and interesting premise won him over nearly thirty seconds ago.
[break][break]
"very well. i will need some time to make prepereations; a few hours, at most."
[break][break]
there isn't a request hidden in his words.
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:00:05 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It seemed like he needed to work on his delivery of urgency. "Sure."

If Gabriel needed time to get ready, the redhead hadn't set the tone right. From a pokeball, red lights formed to a Drednaw, hiding in its shell, which Sénon sat down upon.

"I'll just wait here." His brows furrowed as he waved off Gabriel Black with a 'oh noooo, take your time, don't worry about it, this isn't a urgent situation at all.' facial expression.

Whatever, maybe Pacifidlog could handle the threat itself.

● tags:

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:24:11 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab4"]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
he returns in an hour, dressed down considerably.
[break][break]
"i'll provide the transportation. there's a small vessel a few piers down we could take."
[break][break]
he waits for the youth's answer.[break]
[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 15:58:23 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Looking at his watch again it was beyond evident they were behind schedule to make any difference.

Black didn't know that and scolding him about 'needing to get ready' wouldn't do any good. Problems didn't wait for you to be ready, Black had to know that.

He just didn't understand the urgency of how fast things moved on Hoenn.

Best to let him see for himself the aftermath of being even a minute too late. He maintained his pokerface, not giving away that they were already too late.

"After you." He returned Drednaw to his pokéball.

● tags:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,836 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Both Eyes Open (M)
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2021 3:59:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven