thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 16:22:35 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"your legs hurt yet?"

because his do. to be fair to lance, they've been sat here for almost two hours now, but such is the job at times.

he shifts on the ground, readjusting as both hands reach down to help extend his right leg out along the sand. he grunts, then sighs as he settles back down.

"i think they should be hatching soon."

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:29:46 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]

”Mmm… Kinda? Not really?”

To be fair, Vic is incapable of staying still for more than ten minutes on a good day, and it hadn’t been long after they had sat at the beach that he had begun subtly but restlessly tapping his feet (yes, he was wearing sandals, are you happy now?).

He yawns. Elbows on knees, his head rests on his hand while violet eyes watch the sand in waits for the little turtle pokémon to suddenly pop out – or for anything to happen, honestly. Vic isn’t really made for waiting around.

”You think so? They did say it would be around this time.” With this, he stretches his arms up towards the sky, straightening his back.

”Man, we should’ve brought some coffee…”
[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#E992A0; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:39:10 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]it would be around this time — lance narrows his eyes to peer further down the stretch of sand, looking for anything odd or different.

still, he finds nothing.

"i think there's a vending machine somewhere."

lance isn't made for waiting around either, but it's what the job requires at times. he slowly stands, careful to stretch his leg out properly before extending a hand over to vic.

"come on. i'm sure they'll be hatching by the time we get back."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 7:00:56 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
Being a ranger isn’t a very glamorous profession, and it also isn’t all excitement and adventure. Sometimes, being a ranger is sitting at a beach for hours while waiting for some eggs to hatch, and while Vic really loves his job, he also really wishes the Tirtouga would show up already...

”You sure? What if we miss them?” He worries, but he accepts Lance’s offer anyway – taking his hand and standing up. It’s been too long, and it feels like every bone in his body is thankful to no longer be sitting down.

”I’m so bad at waiting around like this. Did you do this often before?”

Before.

Before they met, of course.

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 16:24:59 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]quickly sliding a hand into his pocket, he calls out a rattata that looks smaller than the usual; perhaps the runt of the litter.

"i'm sure rotta will let us know once the tirtougas hatch. won't you, buddy?"

the little rodent perks his head up, cnofused for a moment, but nods all the same.

turning, lance brings a hand to vic's shoulder and leads them away from the beach.

before?

"yeah the leg didn't change much about the job."

that's a lie — it made things much harder at times.

"you sure being a ranger's the best thing for you? you seem restless; like you're ready to jump into action and danger."

lance could definitely relate, though he makes no hints towards it besides the smile.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 1:56:47 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
”Aw, he’s cute.”

It’s true, though it doesn’t take much for Vic to think this about a pokémon. He wouldn’t be a ranger if he didn’t like them, after all.

Smiling, he goes along with Lance, although it is concern that flashes in his gaze for a passing moment before he dismisses it. ”Guess it’s always the same, huh? I should probably get used to that.” It’s been months since Vic himself became a ranger, how many years will pass until he’s used to waiting around?

’You sure being a ranger's the best thing for you?’

Maybe no years will pass. Maybe Lance is right and he’s not cut out for this. Maybe he will fail at it just like he has failed at everything else he has ever done.

The question is one difficult for Vic, and silence lingers between them for a couple of seconds.

Still, he laughs lightly, because shoving his feelings aside and smiling is perhaps the one thing Vic is best at. ”Ah, do I? I wouldn’t say I am, but I’ve always been kind of bad at this sort of thing. I just wanna help out, I guess.” He shrugs, but his words are honest.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 8:41:20 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]the little rodent flashes his SUPER FANGS right before the rangers have a chance to leave; pearly-white fangs glisten under the sunlight. rotta ain't cute — he's deadly.

"well, you're in the right region for that."

hoenn needs all the help it can get; that much hasn't changed since he arrived a year ago.

"what would you be doing otherwise?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 5:57:29 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
Is he in the right region?

Maybe. Vic’s time outside Unova had been a weird experience for him so far. He had always felt more like a tourist when living in Galar, even if he had attended university and challenged gyms there, and that feeling had also prevailed when doing conservation work in Alola.

Does he feel like a tourist in Hoenn? Not really. Not anymore. If only because perhaps Lance is right and there is always something to do and someone that might need a hand (even if that speaks of how fucked up things in the region can be at times).

”What I’d do? Mmm… Dunno. I was really into training for a while.”

A while had actually been all his life. A while had been endless hours of studying and preparing his pokémon to battle one gym after another. All because he had always wanted to become Unova Champion, just like his father had been once. And what does Vic have to show for all that? Sixteen badges that sit framed at his apartment, collecting dust.

When they reach the vending machine, he puts a couple of coins in and presses the button to get himself a can of Charja-cola.

”I think I like this much better though.”

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 14:42:17 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"same."

he follows after vic, pushing coins in to get the same can of charja-cola.

"the sinnoh circuit, as challenging as it could be at times, was really fun."

he did what most kids dream of: left home at ten, traveled the region, trained, battled, and almost conquered. he fell just short of the elites, pulled away to help the region instead.

"would you ever do it again? the circuit here is different. interesting, maybe."

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 11:19:13 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
With the chilled can now in hand, a finger is placed under the tab, pushing it up. Still, he pauses before taking a sip, his lavender gaze fixing on the ranger captain.

”Huh, really? Honestly, I didn’t take you for the type... That’s pretty cool though, I always wanted to try the Sinnoh circuit. I did Unova and Galar.”

A grin and a short laugh.

It’s what he used to want to, at least. Back when he cared about that sort of thing and thought he wanted to be a successful trainer... Isn’t he technically already one though? Not by Vic’s standards.

Of course, he tries not to think of that, so he takes a sip of his Charja-cola – the drink ever too sweet.

”Hm… I don’t think so? I always get too serious about things when I start challenging gyms, and then it ends up more stressful than fun.” Another shrug, because it’s the truth, even if Vic rarely admits to that.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 10:43:25 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"i get it. you'd probably fair really well against them, though."

he takes a sip of his iced coffee in a can; it tastes horrible, but at least there's a good amount of caffeine in it. it wakes him right the fuck up.

"just something for the future, maybe."

then, looking back to the beach, he gestures before starting to walk back the way they came.

"come on. i think they're about to hatch."

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2021 13:18:45 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
’Just something for the future.’

Is that really the sort of thing he wants to do in the future? One day, maybe, because there will always be something fun and exciting about challenging gyms and earning badges, but in reality that’s definitely not something he should be thinking about right now.

Vic is content with the way things are, with life as a ranger, even with the tedious bits like waiting for hours for some Tirtouga to hatch. In the end, it’s all rewarding, and it makes him happy, so it’s not difficult to smile when Lance suggests heading back.

”Good plan, wouldn’t want anything to get at them.”

Just in case, his ever reliable Dragapult is called out of its pokéball as they walk back to the beach, the ghostly drake disappearing in plain sight in order to keep an eye on things from the shadows. Nothing will happen to the Tirtouga, not on their watch.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
turtley turtle
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2021 1:16:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(ranger)