The Nanny Named Emi

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 12:00:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcredits"]
[attr="class","sidelong"]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

[attr="class","border-box"]
[attr="class","image-space"]

[attr="class","text-space"]

It was 7:30 in the evening and the sun was setting. Emilia had a long shift today at the clinic. They were busier than usual and didn't usually like turning people away. Her feet hurt from the constant running around but here she was, driving around one of Lilycove's neighborhood's searching for an address. [break][break]

"Take the next left, and your destination is on the right." her GPS chimed out in it's usual robotic female voice. Emi sighed heavily once more as she flipped on her turning signal and followed the instructions. Parking the car at the destination she frowned as lavender orbs scanned out over the property. [break][break]

Lance had been in a panic when she'd gotten off of the phone with him. It was too loud in his background and she was on the clock so she didn't have long to stay on the phone. Still, what she could make out was that he needed help and the 'kindhearted' Emi he knew wouldn't refuse a friend in trouble. [break][break]

"For fucks sake." she sighed in exasperation. [break][break]

Sometimes living a double life had it's ups and downs. Pushing the button on the ignition her car turned off. She grabbed her keys and opened the door. She looked as if she had rushed immediately from the clinic to this house. Emilia shrugged off her lab coat and quickly unclipped her work ID and badges and tossed them in the passenger's seat. [break][break]

Giving herself one last glance in the mirror, she deemed she looked, 'rushed' enough as she made her way towards the front door of the house. With her keys still in her hand she quickly tapped a text message to Lance as she approached the door. "Hey, I came as fast as I could..."[break][break]

She paused for a second before immediately following up with a, "To the house I mean! >//<" with a flustered emoji following and everything. "Is everything okay? I'm at the door." she continued following up with a light knock on the front door as well for added emphasis.

[break][break]

[break]
+ more tags: --[break]
+ Outfit[break]
+ MISSION: BABYSITTER DUTY[break]

[attr="class","headerbox"]

emi +

made by gimmick

[googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=Poppins:400,700]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #141212; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(141,74,81,255); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(141,74,81,255); --accentRGB: 141,74,81; --accent: #8d4a51 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #141212; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h2, .sidelong h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #141212 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 14:47:53 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]lance doesn't hear the buzzing of his phone over the chaos that swirls within the knight household. shit's a mess, to be honest, and he's exhausted just watching the devil children run around the living room.

he almost misses the knocking of the door. scrambling over, he pulls the door open.

"oh good you're here. i didn't think you'd show."

behind him, children scream and giggle, flooding the hallway with loud noises.

"i need your help."

[attr="class","noodles"]@emi
[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 3:26:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

There was no response to her text messages, she had to resist the urge to send another, already annoyed of being made to wait. From behind the door she could hear muffled squeals which caused Emilia's brows to knit together in confusion. Suddenly the door swings opens and Emilia is assulted by the sounds that had been previously muted. [break][break]

The squeals turned into screams that echoed and bounced from the hallway and poured through the door into the street. Emilia felt nervous for a second as she glanced behind her, wondering if other's would be drawn to the chaos that was erupting from this house. "oh good you're here. i didn't think you'd show."[break][break]

Lance looked exhausted and out of his element, whatever that element might be. She hadn't known him for long but they had certainly gotten closer with all his visits to the clinic. Emi looked a little nervous as she fidgeted in front of him. "Yeah, I mean, traffic was awful but I--" she rambled before Lance continued. [break][break]

"i need your help." She could see that. From behind him she heard a sudden crash before several more screams and giggles followed. Worried eyes slowly turned back to her 'friend'. In her mind she felt a deep irritation wash over her. Surely he hadn't called her here to help take care of little demons.[break][break]

Emilia hated kids. They were brats and her temperament wasn't built to withstand their constant annoying ways. Especially kids that behaved like this. She gulped, "Erm...I'm afraid to ask..." she admitted sheepishly. "But...what do you need help with?" she already knew the answer before she asked it. She couldn't believe this would be how her evening would go down.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]

emi +

made by gimmick

[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 50px; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #141212; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(141,74,81,255); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(141,74,81,255); --accentRGB: 141,74,81; --accent: #8d4a51 [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #141212; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #f9f9f9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #141212 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 9:30:12 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]lance has no problem with kids but these aren't kids: they're little devils.

"babysitting."

of all things.

"they won't listen to me because they know me but i'm hoping they'll listen to a stranger."

there's not much logic behind that reasoning but he's run out of options.

giving her a sheepish smile, he takes a step back and leaves the door open for her to enter should she wish to.

and then he's turning to run (more like limp) after one of the children.

"don't! put the vase down!"

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:22:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

"babysitting." son of a bitch. Normally Emilia didn't struggle to keep her act up but she almost had a visceral reaction to the words that left his mouth. Glancing down at the ground she clutched her keys tightly. "Oh...I-I don't know Lance. I'm not--" she began but he wasn't listening. [break][break]

"they won't listen to me because they know me but i'm hoping they'll listen to a stranger." and exactly how did that logic pan out. If the little shits wouldn't listen to someone they knew how the hell was she supposed to help as a total stranger. "I'm not really good with--" she began to protest again. [break][break]

He opened the door for her and she realized there wasn't getting out of this. A slew of curses went through her head, as she stepped into the house. "don't! put the vase down!" he yelled at them. This was above her paygrade, and she wasn't even being paid. "You owe me," she said as she closed the door behind her. [break][break]

Three kids. Two girls, one boy. The girls were older and it seemed they were the brains behind this outburst. With a soft sigh she glanced back at Lance. "When is their bedtime?" she asked, "and I assume they've had dinner?" she asked. She was already more tired than she should've been to be able to properly deal with this.[break][break]

What the kids needed, was to be worn out. That always got them ready for bed. How she would go about doing that was going to be an entirely difficult process. But she was usually good at thinking on her toes.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]

emi +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:33:47 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]you owe me.

"big time!"

a year ago, this would've been a piece of cake. he would've just had to run around with them, tire them out, and they'll pass out on their own. but he could barely keep up with a six-year old boy now; his injury more of a hindrance than he originally thought.

the boy tosses the vase up into the air. with both hands reaching out, lance manages to catch it in time before it smashes against the floor.

breathing a sigh of relief, he turns back to emi.

"an hour ago, and yes i fed them."

placing the vase down on a counter that he's sure is too tall for them to reach, he approaches emi.

"any ideas?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 8:21:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

"an hour ago, and yes i fed them." Well that was good, one less thing she had to worry about. Her lavender orbs followed the kids as they ran around like maniacs around the living room and hallway. Lance managed to catch the vase they had be holding hostage and place it on the counter. With a sigh she closed her eyes and began to think. [break][break]

What could she possibly come up with that would keep these kids entertained long enough while also tiring them out. "any ideas?" Lance asked her after a moment of silence between them. "A few," she said softly with a more serious expression. "You wanted help right?" she flashed a challenging glare at him, "Just don't come to regret it."[break][break]

Her light smirk would allow the words she just spoke to come off as jest, but she was serious. If she was going to do this, she was going to do it right. Emilia never did anything half-assed. "Alright, listen up!" She raised her voice loudly over the screams and giggles of the children as she immediately stepped in to block their path. [break][break]

Most wouldn't expect such a powerful voice from a frame so small, but Emilia had been captain of her own team in gymnastics. She had the leadership capabilities and strength and determination to pull off numerous wins for her group too. The girls were the first to stop, the smallest boy running into their backs when they suddenly came to a halt. [break][break]

"Who are you?" one of the girls immediately asked. This one must be the leader. "Emilia. Now as much as you guys are having fun, it's about time we wind down? Don't you agree?" with a scoff the first girl that spoke out crossed her arms defiantly over her chest. "Why should we listen to you. You're just his girlfriend." [break][break]

"Yeah, a lame girlfriend," the other girl echoed and the trio snickered. Emilia felt the corners of her lip turn up into a smug grin. "You're right," she said at first, "At least about the not listening part." she knelt down in front of them. "I haven't given you a reason to listen to me have I?"[break][break]

The trio looked between themselves then Emi suspiciously, they knew she was up to something. "So how about we make a little bet? You guys like playing games don't you?" She asked as she challenged them. "If I win, then you have to behave yourselves for the rest of the night and listen to what Mr. Lance and I say." [break][break]

"And if we win?" the main girl challenged as she took the bait. With a shrug Emi continued, "Then you'll be in charge for the rest of the night, and we won't be able to bother you." The way the girl grinned let her know that she was on the hook. "Deal." with a smile Emi held out her hand, "Then let's shake on it." [break][break]

Once they did she straighten up and moved to the counter to grab a deck of cards. "What game will we play?" the oldest girl asked. "Something easy. A memory game." the girl's shared a look before giggling. "That's too easy!" the littlest boy replied. "Oh don't get comfortable. I've added some rules to this game." she smirked at them as she began to shuffle the cards. "You ready?" she turned to ask Lance with a playful smirk on her face.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]

emi +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 8:24:31 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]just don't come to regret it.

"you got it."

why would he?

she handles the situation with grace and ease, apparently, and he doesn't have to do much else besides nod a few times. he approaches, standing over them as he watches her interact with the kids.

he soon lowers to the ground, careful as he sits next to the boy. along with the kids, he watches emi deal out the cards, mirroring the smirk on her face.

"ready as i'll ever be."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 9:37:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

The snap of Emilia finishing shuffling the cards filled the air. "Good, because you're going to have a key role here." she said as she sat on the ground next to him. "This memory game is going to have another goal besides matching pairs." she went on to explain as she fanned out a few cards in front of Lance. [break][break]

"Lance is going to pick a card here. Just one. He'll memorize it. The goal will be to flip over as many pairs as possible. Each pair is worth 10 points."[break][break]

"We'll take turns matching but if a player picks cards that aren't a pair their turn will end and it will be the next player's turn. The catch here is, if the final pair is the card he's chosen the person who's turn it is will get 50 extra points." She smirked. [break][break]

"But how are we supposed to know if it's the card?" the oldest girl asked. "Lance will tell us." Emi answered. "Wouldn't he be able to just pick the card then?" the eldest asked again. Emilia nodded, "And that is why he won't be playing the matching part. I will." the eldest stared at her before continuing, "And you'll go against all of us?" Emi couldn't help the grin that formed on her lips, "Absolutely." the girl was as easy to read as a book. [break][break]

"Alright, fine then." she finally agreed after looking at her for a while. "Perfect. Have your card picked?" Emi asked as she turned back to Lance.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Outfit[break]

emi +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:14:56 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]again, emi does all the work, leaving lance to do the very simple job of only having to memorize one card. he's thankful, because he's not sure how well he'd fair up against these kids.

"no peeking."

from the fanned out cards, he pulls one, brings it close to him, and peers down at it.

unsurprisingly, it's the ace of spades.

he looks back up, winks at emi, and waits.

"got it."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 13:00:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

"no peeking." Lance said to all of them but mostly to the kids. Emi continued to hold the cards waiting for Lance to pick one. Despite the fact that she was playing against children she had no intention to take it easy on them. Especially after seeing how rowdy they were. Besides, Lance called her here for help, which meant she needed to take care of this situation swiftly. [break][break]

"got it." He said after a moment when he flashed her a wink. Smiling back at him she nodded, "Good, then let's get started." She quickly shuffled the cards again, putting on a little show for the kids as well. They seemed interested in her tricks as she did so, which showed they were invested, which was good for her. [break][break]

After Emilia was done shuffling she quickly began to lay the cards out for their game. She finished quickly and turned her bright lavender orbs at the kids. "You guys can go first." she gestured to them. Going first was the hardest part, but she figured since they had a numbers advantage it would be fine. She'd let them have a false sense of security while they still could. [break][break]

The rounds went as follows. The kids and then Emi. The earlier rounds were more 'difficult' so Emi made a point to purposefully mess up to let the kids get the lead. They were seeming extremely confident around the halfway point when they were at 30 points to Emi's 10. That was till she began to crank up the heat. [break][break]

70 points. The kids had 70 points and they were sure they were in the home stretch. But the longer the game goes on the more difficult it is and Emi was keeping track. One mess up and that spelled in of the game. But they were still confident, after all Emi only had 30 points, if she messed up then they could win the whole thing. [break][break]

Emi didn't mess up however. Her slender fingers snatched up pairs left and right with ease. She did so with more precision this time than she had displayed the entire game. The kids watched her in awe, their jaws hanging low to the floor as she was left with the final pair. "W-well it doesn't matter because we still won right? 70 points to your 50!" the eldest girl stammered. [break][break]

A small smirk tugged on the corner of Emi's lips as she flipped over the ace of spades pair and glanced at Lance. "This was your card wasn't it?" she asked already knowing the answer. "No way." the kids shouted but the deed was already done. Emilia's victory was assured the moment Lance had pulled a card from her hand. [break][break]

Simple parlor tricks that she learned back when she was in Galar and a member of the Moto Dragons. Shuffling the cards in a specific way allowed her to keep count of the order in the deck. When Lance had chosen his card she knew exactly what it was. Shuffling the cards in the same way before dealing them out for the game meant she also knew where the pairs were, but allowed the kids to get the lead on purpose. [break][break]

"Ah, that was a great game though!" she exclaimed with a smile. "You guys had me nervous for a little bit." she chuckled. "I want a rematch." the eldest declared as she leapt to her feet. "Ah ah, that's not what we agreed to." Emilia said as she stared back at the kids. Her demeanor had shifted, and while she still had her amused smile on her face, her eyes told them that they wouldn't get away with the same behavior as last time. [break][break]

It was almost as if some weight or pressure was being pressed against them. The eldest, the ring leader of the pack, slumped her shoulders forward in defeat. After all, if it was a contest of will's Emi would make sure she won. As much as she loved a crushing victory and a battle of wits, she didn't want them reporting back to their parents that they had a terrible time, it would make Lance look bad. "If you guys are good for the rest of the night, maybe we can play another game in the morning." Emilia offered them. [break][break]

Just as quickly as they had become crestfallen their faces perked back up. "Promise?" the little boy asked her and she reached forward to pet his head with a smile. "I promise." she said before glancing back at Lance. "Your turn." she said as she flashed him a bright grin. After all he surely knew how to take care of kids and put them to bed. She'd leave them in his capable hands.

[break][break]

[break]
+ Sorry for the wait, I got lazy thinking about how I had to progress through the game LOL[break]
+ Outfit[break]

emi +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 14:02:07 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]by the end of it, all he can do is let out a chuckle of disbelief at how well she handled them. he breaks into a smile as he looks at her.

"damn."

then it's his turn, and with ease he scoops the youngest boy up into his arms before turning to the others.

"alright come on. your parents will be home soon and think of how impressed they'll be if you're all ready for bed."

and so off he goes, disappearing to the second floor to tend to the kids.

not long after, he returns, sighing as he descends the stairs.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 17:59:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

Lance scooped up the youngest one in his arms and led the the girls up the stairs. Once they were out of view Emilia released a heavy sigh as she looked around her. Now that, that ordeal was over she felt all the exhaustion from earlier take over. With a grunt she got up and began to tidy up while he put the children to bed. [break][break]

She was sure he was tired to so she'd just get rid of some of the workload, might as well since she was already here. By the time he came back down the stairs she had finished cleaning up and was sitting on the couch in the living room. "Good work." she said with a tired smile and a lazy salute once she saw him reach the bottom of the stairs.

[break][break]

[break]
+ ^.^[break]
+ Outfit[break]

emi +

made by gimmick

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 9:06:05 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"tiring work."

he corrects, laughing as he steps into the kitchen. from inside, he calls out to her:

"you want something to drink?"

and eventually, he returns with whatever she says or doesn't say and settles down next to her.

"i owe you one."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
The Nanny Named Emi
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 15:08:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

"tiring work." Lance corrects before chuckling and heading to the kitchen. "you want something to drink?" he asked and she turned to face him. "Water's fine for me." she answered, she needed a shot after all of that but she still had to drive home, so she would behave herself. It didn't take him long to prepare the drinks and she happily accepted her glass of cold water. [break][break]

"i owe you one." He says as he finally settles down on the couch next to her. Turning so that she could face him, she crossed her legs and took a sip of water. "Yeah you do." she said before taking another sip and placing the cup down on the table beside her. "And waiting to tell me was foul, but I forgive you." she teased before leaning her cheek against her hand that rested on the back of the couch. [break][break]

"What made you wanna do this anyway? I didn't picture you a 'good with kids' kinda guy." she asked softly. Then again, in her mind she didn't think anyone was good and handling kids until a certain age. They were just delusional, thinking tiny beasts like that could be easily managed. She'd never fall into that trap that was for sure.

[break][break]

[break]
+ ^.^[break]
+ Outfit[break]

emi +

made by gimmick