uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
:race_car:
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 6:50:42 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]not known to many outside the world of underground and illegal pokemon racing, every tuesday night there's a race organized by one of the gangs in slateport: the uproarers.

and recently, intel has it a new drift king has risen through the ranks of the uproarers. now it's their job to find out who.

"how well do you drive?"

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 7:21:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Racing. Seriously? Do people not have anything better to do with their time? Still, Sol can somewhat see the value in it, if only because there’s use in knowing how to properly drive…
[break][break]
‘How well do you drive?’
[break][break]
Violet eyes fix on the man beside her, and she raises an eyebrow. ”Well enough. Why?” The familiarity with which speaks to her is not protocol, but they’re undercover, so she will let it slide. It’s better this way, anyway; she has never been a fan of formalities, but they’re usually required and necessary.
[break][break]
”...You might want to wear a seatbelt though.”
[break][break]
Sol’s reckless driving may just be slightly infamous, and that’s probably why she was given this mission.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 7:33:51 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]it's definitely not protocol, but it's not like uriah's known for following it anyway. he shrugs a shoulder; head tilting to peer out the window at the other cars.

"just wanna know my chances of getting out of this car in one piece."

and the other reason why he asked is because of her infamy. he's heard things...

"you sure you don't want me to drive?"

tugging on his seatbelt, this time he adds:

"...captain."

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 15:19:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Instead of responding right away, she watches him, wondering if Uriah is actually worried. ’Maybe.’ He’s kind of new to all of this, after all, so Sol wouldn’t blame him for being worried.
[break][break]
The mission itself is strange and not the sort of thing they’d usually do, it’s not something Sol herself is used to, but Sol is Sol, and it often seems as if nothing in the world could ever make her falter or shake her at all.
[break][break]
”Mm… At least there’s worse ways to die, no?”
[break][break]
Is that a joke? It sure doesn’t sound like one, and her expression remains neutral as she turns to look at the road.
[break][break]
”Don’t be a baby, Uriah.” Fuck protocol, it’s not like they’re wearing their uniforms anyway.
[break][break]
Her words are almost silenced by the revving of engines, and it’s only a moment later that the race begins.
[break][break]
It's too late for worries now.

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 15:33:58 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"sure, but i don't really wanna die today."

it'd be the end to a rather boring life, so he can't die just yet. besides, he hasn't really done enough to spite . more to come.

maybe.

"don't drive like one either, sol."

the race starts and he's tensing out of instinct as everyone speeds away. his hand grips against the side of the car, holding on as they gain speed.

out the window, he notices a particular car in the lead. he points towards it.

"drift king's in the lead."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 15:56:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Then make sure you don’t.”
[break][break]
It’s not like Sol has a death wish either. She has one too many things to live for and the list starts with . But death is also not something Sol fears, because she has taught herself not to fear.
[break][break]
Or, perhaps it would be better to say that the war forced the lesson upon her.
[break][break]
Either way, it’s not like they’ll die during this race, because Uriah is being dramatic and Sol has no intention of getting them killed. She does hit the gas though, and ‘reckless driving’ may just be an understatement for what this race is.
[break][break]
”Kind of a stupid name, isn’t it? Drift King. She cuts off another car, perhaps way too close for comfort.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 16:13:38 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]what kinda advice is that?

unlike his captain, uriah fears death, no matter how much he tries to deny it. the idea of it terrifies him: to no longer exist, to leave behind little traces of his legacy, if any at all.

"careful, careful—!"

they barely avoid colliding into the other car. he breathes a sigh of relief, whatever little there may be, and double-checks his seat belt.

"kinda, yeah, but we're losing to him right now."

the drift king continues to pull ahead.

which only leaves them once choice, really.

"...go faster."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 12:27:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Good advice.
[break][break]
Uriah’s advice though? Not so much.
[break][break]
Sol doesn’t even bother with a response, because it’s obvious and because being too careful won’t do them much good in this sort of situation. There’s times to be cautious and plan things with care, and there’s times to rely on one's skills and instincts. Needless to say, sometimes Sol can be a bit reckless.
[break][break]
”Fuckin’ hell.” This time, Uriah is right: they need to go faster if they want to keep up. And so, they do, but it sure isn’t easy to do as much.
[break][break]
Quiet, Sol watches the road as they pass yet another car.
[break][break]
”...You got any useful pokémon?”
[break][break]
Is she suggesting cheating?
[break][break]
Of course! She’s here for the mission and nothing more. If there’s any honour in the world of underground racing, it is lost with Sol.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 14:08:35 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]sometimes? sometimes?

no comment.

"plenty."

the thought that this might have been considered cheating doesn't even occur to him. he simply reaches into a pocket for one.

"but none for this situation."

regardless, the pokeball bursts open, and out comes a large luxray that barely fits in the car. the electric-type sits on uriah's lap; head pressed against the ceiling.

naturally, luxray snarls.

"hey bud if you're angry you should take it out on the car next to us!"

the suggestion is met with acceptance as luxray fires off a THUNDER WAVE at the adjacent car.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 6:45:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sometimes.
[break][break]
Not like Sol plans on letting either of them die though. At the end of the day, undercover mission or not, she’s still the captain here, and that means she’s responsible for making sure Uriah stays alive. While the mission is important, this matters much more, but of course she won’t tell him that.
[break][break]
Specially not when he dares call out his stupid giant cat right in the car…
[break][break]
”Wait, what are yo–” There’s no time to respond. Before she can do anything about it, there’s suddenly a snarling Luxray sitting right on the officer’s lap, and although Sol wants nothing more than to maintain her ‘take no bullshit, colder than ice itself' demeanor and focus on the mission, even just by glancing at it the sight is too hilarious to pass up.
[break][break]
She tries really hard not to laugh.
[break][break]
”Uriah…” There is a smirk as she turns to look forward once again, taking advantage of the Thunder Wave in order to get ahead just as the race nears its end.
[break][break]
They go fast. Really fast. Maybe mainly because Sol doesn’t want to spend another second in a small car with a huge cat. Who even thinks of doing that? Is he trying to distract her on purpose or something?!
[break][break]
Have they even managed to pass the Drift King? Who knows. Definitely not Sol.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 7:13:11 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]maybe he should've thought this through a bit more.

luxrays are big enough as is but uriah's is even bigger, having lived a very rich and healthy life. the cat weighs down on him, practically crushing his thighs and body as his head is buried into luxray's mane.

he tilts his head over towards sol, taking a breath of somewhat fresh air. as fresh as it can be in a car, anyway.

the smirk is definitely not appreciated, but it is cute.

"just drive..."

luxrays tail flicks up, hovering between the both of them, and naturally, uriah lifts a hand to squeeze it.

not a great idea.

luxray's THUNDER WAVE courses once again, shooting out the window but also zapping uriah. after a grunt, his hand falls limp.

"kachow you little shit—"

where is the drift king?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 8:57:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

He really should have thought this through a bit more.
[break][break]
Sol will definitely blame him for it later too, but right now, it’s the Luxray that she blames more.
[break][break]
Stupid cats. They’re so hard to train and they just do whatever they want.
[break][break]
Then again, Uriah should also know not to grab his damn zappy cat’s tail out of the blue…
[break][break]
The second Thunder Wave makes the car swerve as they reach the finish line, and it takes a second for Sol to get it under control. They come to an abrupt stop and she sighs in relief, leaning back on her seat. Only then she turns to look at Uriah, who apparently has been partially paralyzed by his own pokémon.
[break][break]
”Seriously?… You brought that one on yourself.” Even though passingly and lightly, she laughs then, her attention being quickly stolen away by the clamour and cheer around them.
[break][break]
Apparently, despite everything, they won the race.
[break][break]
Maybe Luxray isn’t so useless after all, since the Thunder Wave had reached the Drift King and stopped it before even reaching the finish line.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 9:28:51 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]the car swerves and for a brief second uriah could've sworn he saw his life flash before his eyes.

"shit—!"

thankfully, sol regains control, and he breathes a sigh of relief when the car stabilizes. luxray, however, is not as appreciative. the electric-type snarls, turning towards sol before being swiftly recalled.

"saved you from being zapped there. you're welcome."

the cheer of the crowd draws his attention away. he peers out the window.

"oh. we won?"

he laughs as well, more disbelieved than anything. he turns to sol, forgetting rank for a moment before he nudges her shoulder.

"fuck. you're such a shit driver."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 10:08:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sol doesn’t forget rank. She never does.
[break][break]
But, just this once, because of the circumstances, she’ll let it slide.
[break][break]
Her gaze meets his when he nudges her shoulder, and she watches him, her expression as unreadable as always except for the ever so slight remnants of a smirk tugging at lips.
[break][break]
”Maybe, but letting you drive would have cost us the race.” She knows she’s not wrong, and without waiting for a response, she turns, reaching for the door.
[break][break]
”Come on, I’ll deal with the crowd, you go find out who this ‘Drift King’ guy is.”
[break][break]
She doesn’t want to deal with the crowd. Sol hates crowds. But, she also knows the driver is mainly the one they want to see and talk to. Too bad this driver is far from interesting or exciting, and is far more preoccupied with wondering if she can really trust Uriah to do his part...

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 10:21:56 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]she's not wrong: his driving would've definitely cost them the race. but it had also been because of his luxray that won them the race, so who's to say the same wouldn't have happened? maybe sol has an aggressive thunder cat as well.

too bad she leaves before he could fire off a retort.

ugh.

"fine."

he opens the door, leaving the car and the crowd and his captain to go find the drift king. it doesn't take him that long, which isn't really a testament to his abilities as an officer because there's a small group gathered around a particular car.

"yo, bud. you the so-called drift king we just easily beat?"

maybe not the best approach...

no — definitely not the best approach.

"ye? cause you fuckin' cheated?"

"uh, don't think we did..."

"i saw your cat. nice try, though."

and just like that, the situation escalates. the drift king and his gang members approach.

"woah, woah, let's all calm the fuck down here—"