uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
:dogeblink:
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 8:49:26 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]patrolling's part of the job, he's told, but fuck if it isn't tedious at times. like now, for example, on a hot monday afternoon as the two officers stroll through the busy streets of slateport.

"you mind a little detour? i've never been to the park. apparently, it's a tourist destination."

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 9:51:20 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
She still disliked patrols like these. Always felt like she was going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, really. Probably because most of the time nothing happened, and since she felt that there always was something happening, it irked her. Though in all honesty, she was just a bit restless.

Not that it showed on her face. She had very much trained herself to usually assume a calm, almost stoic expression. It put people at ease, which put her at ease. Though it was more difficult when it was hot. She had left her half cape at home for today, but she still felt like she was not adequately dressed. And that was bad, since sweat was icky and made her clothes clingy. She did not like it.
But still, Mirri, act nice and calm. “I do not mind at all,” she told the young man who had joined her on this quest for the time being. “One could say after all,” she continued, raising a finger as she often did while waxing poetically, “that when it comes to patrolling, the journey very much is the destination, anyway.”
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:23:49 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"huh, i've never heard that before. i like it."

the journey very much is the destination; he commits it to memory before gesturing over to their left.

"come on. think it's this way."

they head down the sidewalk, making their way over towards the park.

"you been doing this long?"

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:48:07 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar

He had not heard that before? Well, the saying was from Kanto, so there was some distance. But, honestly, she had heard it all over the place. At least 17% of all books in the library contained the saying, making it one of the most prominent idioms in there. Though, admittedly, the older ones tended to lack it a lot of the time.

Either way, it was a bit peculiar that he did not know was all. But that was not too important anyway, so she simply shrugged for the time being and followed along. He moved on to the next topic of conversation anyway. Which, thankfully, was one that she could comment on at least. Plus, being in this trade probably made it sound much more exciting than it was. Most of her time had simply been spent travelling, after all.
“Working as an officer of sorts? That is fairly recent, only since I came to Hoenn. But I have spent years traversing the world seeking people in need and aiding them to the best of my ability. It might not have been the precisely same duty, but in spirit, I have been living this life ever since, truly.”
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 11:21:17 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"must be a life you enjoy, then."

uriah wishes he could relate. he's here out of duty, necessity, and loyalty to a family that otherwise deserves none.

"i only just got here, too. it's nicer than i thought. no one's tried to kill me yet."

just as they approach the entrance of the park, a spry yamper bounds up to them only to bark right up at mirri.

"didn't know you had a dog, mirri."

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 11:29:22 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
“It is the only life I know and desire,” she replied, staunchly believing that. There had been a lot of opportunities for her, despite her heritage, but this was what she had chosen regardless. It was what she wanted. And she did not mind spending most of her time with it. Granted, she always enjoyed it when she earned herself a break, too. That was why she often simply asked those she helped for a home-made meal. That was the perfect reward, in her opinion, especially if she could get a princess to do it. Ahh, she should get one again. Food always tasted better when it was made with gratitude and not capitalism.

However, that was probably not going to happen today. Instead, there was a Yampers attack. “This is not mine. But I do not think he is here to kill either of us.” In fact, she squatted down and reached out towards the little dog, trying to calm it and pet it.
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 10:09:10 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]despite mirri's attempts to calm it, the yamper continues to bark, as if somehow agitated by something neither of them have done. uriah narrows his eyes, perplexed.

"maybe it's hungry?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 23:13:18 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
Well, that did not help at all. That meant the dog wanted something. And it certainly was not begging for food. She would know that kind of behaviour, after all.
No, this was something else entirely. It was probably related to the situation at hand more than anything else. “It must want something else of us. Something for us to do. Does not seem like it wants us to go away…”

She fell back into thought, trying to figure that one out. She was a bit better with animals than people for certain, but that still did not make her good or anything like that at all.
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 9:30:19 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"huh."

he lowers to a knee to pet it.

"maybe it wants us to follow?"

and just like that, the yamper turns on its heels and starts running away, fully expecting them to follow.

with a shrug, uriah follows.

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 14:49:56 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
Follow it? Well, the little one did take off on that notion, so that could well be it. Mirri looked after it, briefly wondering if the Pokemon had understood their conversation to that extent. Yet, it was probably exactly that. After all, what other reason would it have to simply dash away like this?

It stood to reason that he was right. Thus, she stood up again and decided to follow as well. “It does appear that way. We should be wary, however. This smells lightly foul to me,” she replied, trying to get back into character. A knight was always ready and willing to help, but did not just blindly rush into danger.
Well, not the successful ones, at least.
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 10:26:37 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]talk about blindly rushing into danger...

uriah simply follows after the yamper, letting his guard down. nothing bad happens, thankfully, as it quickly leads them over to its trainer: a young kid who fell off a tree and hurt his ankle.

"you okay, kid?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 22:18:47 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
Ah, so it was an injured person, after all. While the other person was busy just asking such a pointless question, Mireille was already rushing ahead, kneeling down next to the injured person and fetching the small first aid kit on her belt. Mirri always carried one on her journeys, simply because of situations like this.

“Now, show me exactly where your pain is lying, young lad. I will try to administer some aid, before we can carry you to a proper facility to care for this.” A bit overblown, maybe, but she was still on the task regardless.
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 10:32:18 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]yeah, it's a pretty pointless question, but the kid looks alright except for his ankle.

"i don't think he needs to be taken to a facility, mirri."

he shrugs.

"just wrap him up and we're good to go."

close tab

played by

Lime

Mirri
Female
April 29
Galar
Homosexual
Officer
Cadet
35 height
35 height
awards
114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime4
Mireille Wynter
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 21:26:03 GMT
Mireille Wynter Avatar
“Hmm,” she noted, whilst patching the boy up. Granted, he did look like he would make it for sure with just that. However, given that he had been downed by that injury so far, she was not sure whether or not it was a good idea to just leave him be. Certainly, he could be well enough off for that, but they did not actually have any guarantees for that.

But then again, she knew little beyond first aid. Dropping the injured off with more competent people was usually the way to go for her. “Are you sure about that? He seemed pretty helpless so far. Should we really leave him alone here at this hour?”
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 11:13:17 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]mirri does have a good point. he turns back to look at the kid, then moves to kneel down beside him.

"hey there. where are your parents?"

"i...i don't know...can you please help me? my foot realllyyyy hurts!"

"good call. we'll take him to the nearest facility."

and just like that, uriah scoops the kid up on his arms then stands back up.

"make sure his yamper's following."