thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 9:31:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]not a diner but a bar this time, beckett's seated by the counter with a drink in hand. approaching footsteps are what draw his attention away, turning to the woman next to him.

referred by , there's little reason not to meet her.

"larson, correct?"

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 9:47:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

“I’ll take a Negroni, please.”

She slid into the seat next to him.

“Nina.” She corrected, settling and placing a small handbag in her lap. Her smile was too friendly to be tight-lipped, but only barely. A whisper-light touch of professionalism, maybe. “Nice to meet you.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:16:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"make it two."

call him adventurous, or whatever. he downs the rest of his whiskey before sliding the glass away.

"black tells me you want in. why?"

[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:26:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The drinks were set in front of them shortly, and she allowed hers to sit untouched. Instead, her attention was on him; unwavering. Hands were clasped over the leather in her lap.

“Money. Why else?”

Her smile pinched up another tiny bit.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:28:52 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"there are better places to find money."

where she leaves her drink untouched, he reaches for his not long after it's placed. he raises the cocktail to his lips, sipping.

"it's not as glamorous as one might think."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 10:49:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Glamorous? She hadn’t thought that.

“These kinds of things aren’t new to me—but I think you know that, otherwise I wouldn’t be here meeting you.” She'd been raised a con artist and a thief. knew, and she was certain he'd put in a good and detailed word for her.

There was a small laugh under her breath as she reached for her drink, eyes leaving him briefly to assess its color. “I didn’t think you were going to try to talk me out of it.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 11:11:16 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i try and talk everyone out of it."

the negroni is lowered back down after. the orange garnish is nice; adds a little flavor that's otherwise missing.

"because there's no turning back once you're in."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 11:29:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Nina took a sip, the trace of sheer pink lipstick left on the edge of her glass when she set it back down.

“That’s fine. When I make a decision, I commit to it.”

If Black thought this was a good move for her and for them, then it was decided. He thought she could handle it; she trusted and believed him.

“I don’t really have anything else. Might as well just keep going, you know?” Bigger cons, bigger stakes… Up, and up, because why not? 

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 11:35:38 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]so be it.

with an exhale, beckett raises the drink back up and downs it in one. the burn washes down his throat, lingering.

after a moment, he asks:

"what's black offering you?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 11:47:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She wasn’t sure if she understood the question, but it sounded like he was asking for something too specific. That was between them.

“Money; protection... he tells me where to go, and that's how I get the jobs.” Her tone was light, and matter-of-fact. She gave a shrug.

All the same things, she presumed, Team Rocket would offer her.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 11:57:09 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"how will it work with two people offering you the same things?"

a quick gesture to the barkeep calls for a refill. the empty glass is slid away.

"double the money? double the protection?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 12:09:43 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"somewhat."

not really; not in the traditional sense of the word, anyway.

reaching into his pocket, he pulls out an old flip phone about the same time as when the barkeep returns with his drink. it's another negroni; perhaps he likes it more than he lets on.

the phone's placed on the counter.

"you'll deal with me directly. keep the phone on you at all times and if it ever rings, pick up."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 5:02:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Somewhat was fine. ‘Friends’ meant business associates, and it’d been a rhetorical question.

She was in, it seemed like. Good. She felt a small sense of accomplishment as she grabbed the phone off the bar-top. It went straight into her purse to join the other two.

With a smile, she raised the cherry-colored drink towards her lips again. “You got it, boss.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
recruitment
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 10:09:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]and just like that, the deal is done.

simple; easy.

just the way it should be.

after a moment, he breaks the silence between them with an innocent question:

"what's black up to these days?"