thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
:whale:
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 11:32:46 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]this seems to be a more recurring issue than it should have been.

they've received reports of several wailords beached upon the shores of lilycove, and though one or two would usually be no cause for concern, the ten that line the beach is definitely concerning. frightening, even.

"any ideas, tallie?"

[attr="class","noodles"]@tallulah // [x]
[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 17:03:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it was a huge problem. pun intended. she squints as she looks out across the beached Wailord, knowing every second they stopped to think or pause was pain for the Pokémon. a beached whale was in need of so much, and they were just two people. "aye" she says regretfully "if ye can Mega Evolve..."

the power of Mega Evolution was lost on the woman right now. but there was no denying the strength of it, and the quickness. she didn't know if had power like that, but it was worth bringing up. the faster they cleaned out the Wailord, the faster they could do another job to help. the faster, also, Wailord could go back to the ocean.

doing Wailord things.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 17:11:14 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"i could...but that just feels like cheating."

not that they had much time to waste in the first place. with an exhale, he taps a pokeball on his belt, and out comes an urshifu, poised and ready to strike.

"not sure if we could handle all ten..."

they probably could, but with a smirk, he tilts his head over to his partner.

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 17:36:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the martial arts Pokemon would come out of Lance's sphere. she glanced at it before pulling out three Pokeballs. "we'll back you up" Tallulah vows, knowing cheating or not - the Wailord would be in the water soon. she releases Nessie, Rusty and Beau. though the later two would be weak against water-attacks. "or at least soften 'em up."

Beau would Howl, raising his attack before following up with Extreme Speed at the nearest Wailord. Rusty used Strength to try and roll the second one. Nessie would use her super effective grass moves - Leaf Blade - on the third. Tallulah waits on the sidelines, wondering if Lance would join in with his Mega or forgo 'cheating'.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 18:09:24 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]duty compels him to tap at his belt once again, and this time it's not a pokeball that flashes, but a stone. urshifu MEGA EVOLVES, body growing in size, fur shifting in color. by the end of it, urshifu's leaping forward to throw the first of many SURGING STRIKES.

the first wailord's sent into the water, then the second, then the third.

"looks like you softened them up pretty good."

seven more to go.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 19:24:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she was a humble young woman, so she merely shrugs and shakes her head. "my Pokemon are capable" Tallulah lets them take all the credit "they've trained well, even if they cannot Mega Evolve yet" she smiles fondly at the trio "but I'll be there to see that they do one day."

the trio Tallulah released still goes at it. the sixth, fifth and fourth Wailords are assaulted by the barrage of attacks, softening them up and rolling them on their sides for the Mega Evolved fighter to throw back into the ocean. despite Mega Evolution being a team effort, she always assumed the Pokemon had it rougher. they did all the work.

and she just sat on the sidelines. Tallulah was amazed how powerful a Pokemon was; she wanted to help them achieve their goals. she wanted to see them grow beyond what she knew and could handle. wouldn't that be amazing?
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 8:45:14 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"they will, i'm sure."

with support from tallie and her pokemon, it makes their lives a whole lot easier. all urshifu has to do is swoop in to send the weakened wailords back into the water with precise SURGING STRIKES.

splash. splash. splash.

"looks like we'll be done in no time."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 8:49:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she gives a simple nod. there was no doubt her Pokémon would reach grand heights if she raised them well. somehow she was still playing the role of rancher; raising Pokémon to be useful. to be a value to society. Lance remarks they'd be done in no time. just as well, her Pokémon were getting tired from raining attacks on the Wailord.

the last assault was pretty much done. third, second and one last one... she watched as Beau, Nessie and Rusty attacked. following up with Lance's Mega Evolved Pokemon, they really would be done in no time. "sometimes an easy job is better" Tallulah remarks "Hoenn has 'nough conflict."

4/5
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 9:09:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]with a chuckle, he nods:

"i'll drink to that. too much for one lifetime."

even from a distance, he's able to tell how urshifu's tiring after each strike. the blue on his fur starts fading, telling him enough to know they don't have long left.

"you got any plans after this?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 9:15:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she shakes her head. "not particularly" Tallulah says to . she was a woman of her job first, and a social creature second. she didn't think too much on 'hanging out' with work buddies. most people she met on the job wanted one money and experience. never to see them again.

"why?" she recalls her Pokémon one by one "did you have something in mind?" maybe a drink, like he suggested. she could go for one; since she was off the clock after this job. Tallulah never mixed business and pleasure. not unless there was a damn good reason for it. but she doubted she'd come across one so soon.

5/5
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 9:24:35 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"couple of drinks, maybe."

the last of the wailord is dispatched right as urshifu shifts out of his MEGA EVOLUTION, blue fur now black once again.

"no pressure, though."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 9:29:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
drinks. of course. she knew that much. he had hinted at it. "sure" she shrugs, pocketing the full spheres now. the Wailord back in the ocean, and them clocking out... she could stand to get to know her fellow Rangers more than she did. the sad fact is, she didn't know much about outside of his reputation as an active ranger.

and she could hold her liquor just fine. "pick a place; Lilycove has tons of bars I haven't been to" Tallulah adds as she logs into the Ranger HQ app on her phone. she clocks out through it, pleased and amazed how technology had gotten so far. just yesterday she had dial-up at her ranch. now? she was logging in and out of work.

5/5
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 0:06:05 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@tallulah (ranger)