[s] happy hour

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 9:38:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it was around... what? 5 PM? Tallulah and would enter the bar regardless. she wasn't not accustomed to a cold beer after work; she had done so at the ranch with her Pa plenty of times. the bar was called the Kicking Mudbray - a little slice of Alolan tropical drinks and tavern food in a foreign region.

"nice place" she remarks, looking around once the swinging doors closed. there was definitely a western feel to it. horseshoes hung on the walls, and the bartender was wearing a cowboy hat. it was almost a cliché. she hails down the barkeep to start a tab before slipping into a booth. there were a few other patrons at the bar.

she didn't fancy being overheard talking.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 10:06:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"i've only heard good things about it."

he hasn't been here himself, but the reviews he's read online make it sound like it's one people could not miss.

while he would've preferred the bar, the booth is just as nice, if not nicer only due to the privacy it allows them.

"what do you drink?"

[attr="class","noodles"]@tallulah
[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 20:51:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"whiskey."

she brushes aside a stray brown hair from her face, glancing at the bar. the barkeep has told someone to get to them soon. the menus were on the side of the booth, but they didn't include the drink menus.

Tallulah didn't feel like eating right away. besides, it was rude. she had come for drinks with and he said nothing about food. she props her hands on the table, placing a cheek against one palm.

"one of my neighbors back in Paniolo had a brewery. he made the best homegrown stuff. wonder if it got famous enough to sell here."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 9:11:12 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"good choice."

not that there's much difference between liquor; to him, anyway. they all worked the same in the end.

"is that where you're from? i heard it's lovely."

it doesn't take long for someone to get to them. a waitress approaches, menus in hand; lance politely declines them.

"it's fine. just a whiskey neat for us, thanks."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 3:16:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"it is."

she pauses, glancing as the waitress appears with menus in hand. when declines them she looks back to him. the other person would take their alcoholic order before walking back to the bar.

"it doesn't have a trial stationed there, so most trainers pass it by fast" she shrugs "but I valued the peace, the quiet... the community." they were all close. they all helped each other out.

"where are you from, Lance?"
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 14:26:58 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"we could definitely use some peace here."

a region torn by war and natural disasters? yeah, peace would be nice.

"twinleaf in sinnoh. i only just moved to hoenn last year."

it's safe to say the move hasn't been kind thus far.

their drinks are soon served up; he reaches for his, offering a toast.

"cheers."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 18:13:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she supposed she was thankful for the peace growing up.

but as time went by, Tallulah found all her friends left for bigger things. she always felt out of place, out of touch with her own goals. Hoenn offered something to do. she remained quiet as remarked on wanting peace - or wanting peace for Hoenn.

she found she could not relate. 

Alola had plenty of quiet and it had bored her. "would you miss it?" Tallulah asked him with a frown, clicking her glass against his own "not the war, but the busy?" she hadn't come to Hoenn for anything but work.

"or would the Rangers simply move to another region that had trouble too..."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 11:45:43 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"asking the tough questions; alright."

he chuckles, sipping as he considers his answer.

"i would, yeah. the busy helps me stay sane. not sure what i'd do without it."

not sure if he could live without it, really, but he leaves this unsaid.

"i don't think hoenn will ever not be busy. but that's a good thing for us, isn't it?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 19:51:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I'm the same."

hard questions or not, Tallulah nods with 's words. 

"busy is good" she remarks with a shrug "the war's regretful" the woman adds "but I think... no, I know" a pause "I'd just go to the next conflict when Hoenn's dies down."

whenever that would be. "this region has seen a lot of suffering" she says quietly. Kanto is a lost cause but Johto was a shining beacon of hope. of knowing the fight was far from over.

that there was some scraps left to fight over.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 12:50:15 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"it has."

too much suffering, some would argue.

"but there is good, too, for those who look for it."

a gesture to whoever signals for another round that'll soon come. he finishes the rest of his drink, then smiles at her.

"like this, for example. it's nice."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 19:14:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
has probably seen more than his share of pain. to look for the good in this suffering... "yeah" Tallulah agrees, raising the slivers of her whiskey to her lips. drinking it down in one go.

"it's nice to be reminded" she says "we're human too." drinks with friends. hanging out after work. she hadn't really thought of it much, but it is nice. she shoots him a fleeting smile.

"here's to drinking our pay away" she chuckles, raising a new glass.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 10:06:42 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]he returns the chuckle, raising a new glass as well.

"what little of it we get."

and after a sip, he continues:

"if you're looking to relocate, my squad here is always open."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2021 21:07:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"your squad?"

she fleetingly thinks of ; the Head Ranger had all but taken her under his wing. what was 's squad like? was it betrayal to think about another position?

"I'll stick to what I have right now, but thank you." she meant it. the fact she was considered was enough for her. Tallulah also was not one to brag.

"I have to see it through" and she had to repay the kindness given to her "at least, right now."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 9:12:18 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"sure. just know the offer's always there."

lilycove could always use the help, especially after the war. they're still rebuilding, restructuring, but they're getting there.

his drink settles against the table, empty after a final sip.

"another?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 18:59:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"if you need more hands" Tallulah begins "and I am free, just call." and she meant that too. if asked, he may need help. she was not against volunteer work.

glancing down at the empty glasses, she smiles thinly. "I'm not nearly buzzed enough." call it the cowgirl in her, but she was a heavy weight. lifting a hand, she hails down the waitress again.

another round was required.