thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 7:20:45 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"looks like we'll be here a while."

not that he's complaining; he doesn't mind. the longer he's here, the longer he's kept distracted, the better.

he smiles as well, picking up the glass after the waitress returns with their next round.

"so, tell me something you do outside of work, tallie."

[attr="class","noodles"]@tallulah
[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 16:39:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"volunteer work."

being a Ranger was a bit part of her life. too big, but she could at least attest to her statement being true. as long as she is kept busy... asked a difficult question. it took a bit to answer, struggling inwardly.

"and taking care of my grandparents n' their property."

because volunteering was so 'vague'. she had a roof over her head in Oldale that she cannot complain about. she had two loving but elderly grandparents to look after. she did up-keep on their house.

and she lived there free of charge.

"what about you?" Tallulah asked, smiling.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 16:53:21 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]taking care of grandparents and their property...

"that sounds peaceful."

it seems like such a distant dream that he doesn't even bother entertaining it. instead, he sips at his drink, relishing in the slight numbness that washes over him.

"...not much, to be honest. i tend to just work, and if i'm not working then i'm training."

he shrugs.

"i don't sleep particularly well so being exhausted by the end of the day helps a little."

[newclass=.lance] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .lance b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .lance a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .lance .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .lance .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .lance .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .lance .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 21:53:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it brought Tallulah comfort knowing that life went on, regardless of war. her father was in Alola, far away. he never had interest in politics or violence. her grandparents were native to Hoenn, but Oldale was also in a sense far away.

she recalls the young man she met at a café in Oldale, weeks ago. she never saw him again. but he had said 'not much' comes to the town. she wants to believe it but knows better. "it is."

but. "I also train" Tallulah says "Pokémon and myself" seemed to have insomnia "you'd do well on a farm" she remarks "there's always something to do. it keeps you plenty busy."

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 14:38:32 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"if that's an invite, then i'd gladly accept."

chuckling, he raises the whiskey to sip.

"maybe a farm's exactly what i need."

not really; because he imagines there's only so much he could do until he grows bored of it. at least with the rangers, there's always something new every single day.

"we should train together sometime."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 20:48:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she couldn't help but chuckle. "the only time a country girl brings a boy home to her farm is when she is askin' for her Pa's permission to date him." another sip of the alcohol burned her but she ignored it.

Paniolo was a long way away anyway. "we should" Tallulah adds "I've no interest in the Gym Challenge, but it's still important to train" mind, body, reflex "though it's been a while since I've trained with another person."
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 13:23:09 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"damn. looks like i gotta go find a country girl to date."

it's said in jest as evident by the laugh that follows. he sips, ignoring the burn as well.

"i'm sure we could give you a run for your money. maybe monday?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 15:59:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she laughs too.

"sure, Lance" agreeing to the offer to train "Monday works" but where to train? maybe - "I'll meet you at Slateport's beach" because "I'm picking up a few things in the city that day."

she hoped that worked, else they'd have to reschedule. Tallulah didn't doubt the man had some type of transport. Pokémon or human-made. she had to look into Pokemon transport soon; her team was more on-the-ground than in the air or sea.
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:46:19 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lance"]"monday it is."

slatpeort beach sounds more than fine. it's big, spacious, and easy to clean up should something go wrong.

"until then, let's drink."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 17:44:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"aye."

she raises her glass, motioning agreement. as the late afternoon would mold into night, the pair would finish their drinks and call it. with terms to train on Monday as well.

she looked forward to it.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[s] happy hour
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 22:19:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@tallulah