two idiots walk into a bar [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 1:19:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis looked back over when he heard Alex's voice. "I don't remember getting here. Or anything," he said, rubbing his head as he swung his feet back on the floor. "How long was I out?"

He did reach back over and put the Wooloos again, trying to soothe them from their bitterness about him moving. "Food?"

Mattie seemed to perk up at that, scooting off the couch and walking to where he was at in the kitchen. He sat down on one of the chairs. It smelled good.

"I am not clingy. And I don't snore," he opposed.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 17:31:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“A while,” he spoke, as he finished throwing together the ‘salad’ and mixing it one-handed.

He then backtracked—was Mattie also the forgetful kind of drunk?

Blinking, he continued, “You kept on asking for shots. Shit, I never thought you’d manage to finish half the bottle!” he chuckled as the two Wooloo rolled toward him and started bumping into the bluenette like a battering ram.

Hearing the alternate jingling noises, he chuckled again.

“Uhh… I think you made them angry,” he added as he tried to quell his laughter. “When they sleep, they don’t like being moved…”

To that, William let out a bleating noise of dismay, wanting to be picked up again.

“Just stay there for a few more minutes. I almost got food ready,” he continued as he bustled over and picked up two plates, two bowls, and enough cutlery for them to use.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 17:58:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis rubbed his eyes, shaking his eyes. "Ah, you shouldn't have let me. Vodka is my enemy. That shit wastes me." It's true. He could probably handle any or most types of alcohol.

But vodka was another story.

The Wooloos kept running into his stool, and Mattis just reached down to pat them. "Please stop, I can't handle it right now," he said, rubbing his forehead with one of his hands. "They can sleep in my bed tonight, that's fine," he established.

Mattie watched Alex grab things, looking like a mess while his friend was well put together. "Jeez, how can you handle Vodka?" he mumbled.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 18:07:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

To that, he blinked.

“Oops. The Bramble Smash has a vodka base…” he continued, and finished the rest of the sentence in his head, …and I now know what kind of cocktails to avoid making for you!

The two Wooloo bleated his way—and while William eventually stopped, the black-wooled Wooloo continued to jiggle the stool gently.

“Will, can you make him stop?” he said as he finished mixing up the salad once he heard only one jingling noise as opposed to two.

The normal-colored Wooloo then proceeded to bonk the other, before rolling back towards the sofa to wait.

At the last question, he had to bite back a bit of a smirk.

“You get used to it,” he remarked. It really was nothing to him, after all. “Maybe I should make you a Negroni the next time instead…”

A shame, because majority of the fruity-flavored cocktails he knew had a vodka base.

Oops.

Once he was done, he then set down the other bowl with a serving spoon in it.

“Dig in. But don’t eat too fast, you might throw up.”

The servings for their dinner? Egg and potato salad with bacon bits and a rather large serving of cacio e pepe.

“I wanted to make carbonara but I don’t have all the ingredients so… have the noodly version of mac and cheese instead.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 18:47:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Well, Mattis started, holding a hand up to stop him. "Mixed drinks are different. If it has a little bit, it's okay. But straight vodka itself... that fucks me up like no one's business," he said, offering a shaky laugh. "My head is screaming right now."

Mattie's body continued to jiggle in the stool for a few more moments before William and his companion finally ceased, going to lay on the couch and wait for company. He gave Alexei an appreciative look.

"I disagree. I've had vodka multiple times, and I get equally messed up every time. I think it's your weird self, being able to handle something as toxic as vodka." Mattis stuck his tongue out like he was gagging before snorting with a laugh. "Ah, do you have something I can take for my head?" he asked shyly.

Alexei placed two plates in front of him, one with a mixed salad and another with a pile of noodles in front of him. Both looked delicious. It had been a while since he had something like this as a meal. "Wow. Looks really good. Thank you," he said, smiling sweetly before digging in.

"Still tastes great, even if its not what you wanted to make." Mattis wiped his mouth. "C'mon, sit down."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 19:29:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Vodka’s nothing to me, honestly,” he admitted as he looked around the cabinet and found the anti-hangover medicines the bluenette was asking for.

“Here, I have some,” he said as he considered tossing the pill box but decided against it, considering how questionable Mattie’s hand-eye coordination could be since the other had mentioned that vodka really did a number.

“Look, I’ve been drinking as long as I’ve been bartending—I’m still attempting to conquer tequila!” he said with a chuckle as he went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water and a glass for the other.

“Here you go,” he said as he pressed the pill box into the bluenette’s hands. “Eat something first before you take the meds,” he remarked as he began doling out his serving of the food he’d made.

Thankfully there was another stool behind the counter, and he gratefully parked himself on it.

“Well, what kind of alcohol can you handle pure?” he asked after taking a bite out of the salad.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 0:44:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Medicine. Sweet relief. After putting some food into his stomach, Mattis downed a couple of the pills with the water, sighing. Hopefully this hangover headache would disappear soon enough since he put that in his system.

He went back to eating the food Alexei made, which was really good. Better than he'd imagine his friend's cooking skills would be. "Why tequila? That sounds equally as miserable," he asked after a good few moments of silence, side eyeing him with raised brows.

The salad that Alexei prepared was gone, so Mattis went to devouring his pasta. "Pure? Beer is my preference, I guess. Clear liquor doesn't agree with me all that well. I do like a good whiskey," he said, shrugging.

"Mixing it is different, but by itself? It's dangerous." Though, Alexei probably didn't know that from his bartending days, since Mattis usually got beer or a mixed drink when he was there.

"Thinking about alcohol makes me wanna throw up. What other conversation topics you got?" How eloquently put.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 3:53:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Why that particular alcohol? Well, someone I know likes drinking it so much, they treat it like water!”

Although in ’s case, wasn’t rhum supposed to be what… seafarers like herself normally chugged down like there was no tomorrow?

“You always ordered a lager whenever I’d be bartending that evening. Always, without fail. Even if you saw me making those nice, fancy-ass cocktails. I should’ve known,” he grumbled slightly as he poked his way through his own food, enjoying the handiwork despite having thrown it together one-handed.

“Speaking of which… did you change your number?” he asked. “Or did you lose your phone while ‘living it rough’, to put it in perspective.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 4:18:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis slurped down the rest of his noodles, clearing out both bowls of food. Honestly, he probably ate way too fast, but he needed a nice meal. He felt good inside, nice and full. He could probably fall asleep on the couch again, if he really wanted too...

"Hmm? My phone?" He began to pat his legs, trying to find his cellular device. Once he found it, he dug it out.

"This is actually a new one. I had to get it not too long ago." Mattie seemed to imply that yes, his phone broke while he was out in the wilderness. He hardly had any contacts in it.

He slid it over. "You can put your information in it if you want," he said, scooting off the stool to take his dishes over to the sink. At least he could be a somewhat decent guest and clean up his mess. Especially after drinking that much.

Mattis did keep the cup, though, since he needed more water to rehydrate.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 4:36:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Sometimes living off-grid can be a pain in the ass when a friend wants to talk to you, y’know,” he chuckled as the bluenette took his dishes to the sink and cleaned up afterward.

Alexei was still taking his sweet time eating because holy crap, he just wanted to enjoy his food you know. Once his bowl of pasta was gone (and subsequently cleaned up), he noticed the shiny new phone that had been slid across the countertop earlier.

“Don’t mind if I do,” he added nonchalantly, punching in his own number and saving it. Of course this meant he would need to update Mattie’s contact information as well…

The phone was too new, to be honest.

“Oh, did you know,” he remarked as he picked up his salad bowl and nestled it into the crook of his arm before heading back to the couch and sitting back down on it, “…I didn’t just bartend in the evenings, back then.”

The phone was still on the countertop for the bluenette to grab once he was done with the dishes.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 18:20:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis wanted to shoot back at that, say something witty and funny. But he really couldn't say much because it was true. There was no defending him, and there was no way Alexei could have reached him in the wilderness either. He tried to hide the small frown that touched his lips as he washed the bowls, setting them aside to dry.

He came back around to take his phone from the counter, slipping it back into his pocket and grabbing the glass of water waiting for him. He downed the rest and refilled it before settling back on the couch again.

"What? You had another side gig?" Mattis prompted, raising his eyebrows at him expectantly.

"Who's the one hiding things now?" he teased.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 22:03:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I used to work as a baker’s assistant in the mornings, you know,” he said with a chuckle as he continued to spear a piece of a potato at a time before biting off the contents of the fork in one go.

His other hand then fumbled for the remote control as he flipped through the channels again, looking for something interesting that could serve as ‘new’ background noise.

“If I wasn’t so fucked up I’d make some desserts for you, but alas, everything I gotta do one-handed first until my right hand’s fully healed,” he said with a sigh. What a bummer.

And to think he really wanted to see if the bluenette had a sweet tooth or something.

“What else d’you wanna ask while we’re here?”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 4:19:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattie tilted his head, thinking back. He didn't really recall a time that he remembered Alexei being a baker's assistant, or baking nonetheless. "I don't think I knew that, actually," he pointed out, a small surprised look on his face as he gave a small shrug at himself. "That wasn't a hard kept secret, was it?"

He looked at the TV, sipping his water and allowing the two Wooloo from earlier to climb over his lap again. They sort of deserved it after his rude exit off the couch.

"I guess that's a question, huh?" Mattis turned, pointing at his hand and leg. "What happened to you? I don't remember you being so crippled while I was here. Obviously, since you could make drinks in a shaker and everything."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 5:03:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Considering that this was the bluenette, he wasn’t surprised.

The two Wooloo then proceeded to try to climb up the couch only to be met with frustrated bleating noises.

“Oh, come on, you two,” he remarked as he reached down with his left hand and gave the two a ‘leg up’ so that they could lay claim on the couch the bluenette after their nap had been so unceremoniously disturbed earlier.

“You never asked about what other shit I did asides from bartending until now,” he cheesed, chuckling as he flipped the channels again once the two Wooloo had gotten settled back on the bluenette’s lap and had promptly passed out again.

“Oh…this?” he asked, spearing another few pieces of potato and chowing down in order to give him the time to properly…process how the fuck he was going to tell Mattie about this.

“Well… you see… I got shanked. Right here. In this very city. I—almost died.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 4:11:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Ah, he was warm again, back under a cozy, wooly Wooloo blanket. Mattis let his hands stroke through William's fluff, though he gave the unnamed shiny one attention as well. Guess it didn't matter much when they were asleep, right?

"Well, I guess I didn't realize you had more than a bartending job. I thought it was the only thing you did. I didn't know you were hiding things from me." He paused. "I'm kidding. I'm not meaning that in a serious way, you know."

Unless... was Alexei really trying to hide things from him? Or was Mattie that far gone from the world that he didn't know things about his friend.

Maybe he really didn't, since he gave a choked noise when Alexei revealed the cause of his wounds. "Shanked? You can't be serious. I thought Fortree was a safe place!" he exclaimed rather loudly.