awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
two idiots walk into a bar [s]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 0:11:32 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He could only stare at the bluenette share his experiences like it was nothing in the world.

Like it was absolutely nothing in the world! Mattie wasn’t even fazed by his own derring-do!

What the fuck?! he screamed in the back of his head, before pouring himself another shot of vodka and downing it; to stall for time before he spoke again.

Alexei couldn’t help but be embarrassed for the other.

“What if—what if—what if other people saw your bare ass hanging out while taking a bath in those lakes and streams?! Don’t you have any shred of—” he stammered, stumbling on the words because holy fucking shit.

All the while the Wooloo wanted more pats, and nipped at the bluenette’s fingers gently. Gently.

“What about food? What about nature’s calls? What about—” he continued to blurt out, unable to fully comprehend and wrap his head around what the other had just dropped so casually without a single care in the world in their conversation.

“Where do you even get the money?!”

@mattis

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 0:29:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis obtained another shot, taking it smoothly before petting the Wooloo again, bopping the sheep's nose when he started to nibble at his fingers. He looked at Alexei, a little bleary-eyed from the vodka.

"Pfft, nah, no one saw me. I was all alone when I was there," he said, waving his hand and almost hitting Alex's shoulder.

He laughed again, dropping his head back against the cushion again. "I always had food. Nature's call? Taken care of whenever I needed to. What else you got for me?" he said, head slipping from his cushion to Alexei's shoulder.

"You know, some missions here and there. Little jobs."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 0:37:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“How—how sure are you nobody was watching you?!” he continued to blurt out.

Oh, boy, he was fucking distressed at the audacity and the balls the way his friend was acting. How could he even have no shred of dignity, taking baths out in the wild where random adventuring people tended to—just wander around!

And then he had to bring up the most embarrassing question of all.

“What about—how do you manage your ‘you time’ in the wild?! Don’t you get attacked or something like that by anything that’s out there?!”

Another shot was poured and downed in one go; the better for him to try and calm down from his own panic. It was like, the higher his voice went, only Zubats would be able to hear him at that point.

Anyway…

“You’re absolutely sure you didn’t get into any illegal shit?” he continued sometime later, his voice going low for some reason despite them being the only people around—two fluffy Wooloos aside.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 1:05:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis shrugged. "You get a sense for it," he said to him, turning his head up to look at him from its spot on his shoulder. "What, you think people want to see my naked body or something?"

He snickered, patting the Wooloo.

"What, do you want me to go into detail or somethin'?" He couldn't stop laughing at this point, almost flailing about. William let out a bleat of protest, which seemed to calm Mattis down a little bit. "You got your Pokemon to help protect you. Not for that reason, but I can take care of myself."

He reached for another shot. Better be careful, Alex. Should he get another one?

"What? Nooo. Why would I do that? I'm a league boy, not in Rocket."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 1:53:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You never know!” he screeched. He knew his voice was going up and this time, he would be the one whose voice could only be heard by any nearby Zubat.

The white-wooled Wooloo let out a sleepy bleat, enjoying the warmth from the bluenette before looking at Alexei and sticking his tongue out again just to spite him.

At the mention of going into detail, that was potentially dangerous because it was literally headed into the ‘too much information’ point.

“No!” he squealed, putting the empty shot glass down for a bit and remembering to smack his left palm against his face (he usually facepalmed with his right hand but since that was currently injured, yeah) before dragging it down.

He couldn’t help but have a mental eye roll moment as well.

The black-wooled Wooloo had apparently fallen asleep by Alexei’s left leg due to the warmth. Gee.

Seeing that Mattie was eyeing the bottle, he then picked it up once more and poured the bluenette another shot before pouring one for himself as well.

“Thank fuck,” he muttered as he took a sip from the shot glass. “I wouldn’t know what to do if—”

Wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

Alexei Nikolaevich, back the fuck up.

He then turned to his left and saw that the bluenette was dangerously close—and looking rather inebriated yet he was still requesting for another shot.

“Don’t tell me you were faking that you’ve got high tolerance when I was still a bartender…” he said with a sigh.

@mattis
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 2:09:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis winced at the pitch of Alex's voice, his hand trying to raise up and cover Alexei's mouth. "Shh. Too loud, too loud," he muttered, shaking his head. "No one saw me, Alex. Promise," he said confidently.

He pushed William off him a bit so he was sitting on his side instead of his lap, which earned him a small look. But he wrapped an arm over Alexei's chest while throwing one leg over him, sighing.

"Comfy." He really wasn't thinking about the amount of personal space he was invading. He perked up when he was given another shot.

"Wouldn't know what to do if what?" Mattis asked before drinking it, the glass left abandoned on the table.

He snickered. "Of course I got a high tolerance."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 2:25:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Somehow I’m still not reassured of that, Mattie,” he gestured as he watched the bluenette take the shot before abandoning the glass on the table once it was empty.

What happened next was nothing short of absolutely

If it were possible to transform into an emoji face, Alexei was pretty sure Mattie would be the :lenny: face right about now, what with the way the leg suddenly draped itself over his own.

“Hey, oof, watch out for the—” he gestured towards his right foot.

However it was the weight of the arm that draped itself across his chest that made the heavy sensation around his ears return once more!

For once he’d actually run out of things to say.

“L—look,” he managed to blurt out after a potentially awkward silence fell between them.

“…I’ve had a bad experience… someone I thought I could trust was… in their ranks. When I had to check. There was no trace of that person anywhere on official League records, and—”

Taking a deep breath, he was about to pour himself another shot when he decided to abandon his shot glass and just go straight from the bottle instead.

Liquid courage here we come.

“I—I wouldn’t want to have to a-arrest anyone else after… that debacle.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 2:37:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
When he said look in a stuttering voice, which Mattis didn't even notice as nerves or anything else, he tilted his head up to look at Alexei from where his head rested on his shoulder. "I'm looking at you, silly." He couldn't help be giggle at his own joke.

God, he was too intoxicated for such a serious story. But he listened to him regardless, though his eyelids were droopy.

"That's sad," Mattis said simply, though his hand rubbed his opposite shoulder like he was trying to soothe him. "No. I'm not a bad guy. At least, I don't think I'm a bad guy."

He paused, staring ahead at the TV before looking up at Alexei again. "Do you think I'm a bad guy?" Mattie asked, his voice soft and quiet.

Mattis sighed, closing his eyes. "M'hungry. Alex, hungry," he said.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 2:50:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He could only sigh.

Mattie was clearly drunk out of his mind—he could tell. Years of talking with so many people at the bar had already tipped him off on various people’s tells when they were already in the deep end of intoxication.

Shit, man, are you a lightweight or something?! he thought to himself as he felt the other’s weight suddenly shift onto him.

…and that made the pressure on the back of his ears intensify even further.

No, no, stop! You already swore off— he continued in the back of his mind, but what was he to do now? Just smash the walls apart? Not after he’d sworn to isolate himself from—

“What do you mean,” finally managed to say at last, before reacting afterward to the question thrown his way.

“What the hell are you saying, man? if you were a bad guy, I’d be dead or bleeding out in here and there would be no witnesses,” he said as he tried to move—to no avail.

“I mean…”

He was pretty sure the bluenette didn’t know. Only his drag son and by extension, a certain ex-Elite Four member knew of the secret outside of the members of his family that were here.

“…never mind,” he muttered as he took another drink before grabbing the remote with his injured hand. “Fuck,” he hissed as he lowered the TV volume.

“L-look, how’m I—going to get food if—”

If you’ve turned me into a giant pillow?! he finished the sentence in his head.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 3:17:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis gave him a look, raising his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" he asked, unsure if he would get a clear answer or not. Of course, he was struggling to understand much because he was drunk, but...

He rested his hand on the Wooloo, simply shrugging when he seemed to leave the subject bare.

"I don't know, do something," he whined, moving closer like he was trying to hold him tighter.

But, begrudgingly, he sat up and leaned over, almost squishing poor William. The sheep baahed. Mattis groaned and sat up again before readjusting him and getting comfortable again.

"Alex. Lex Lex. Lexie," he cooed.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 17:41:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Never mind,” were the next words out of his mouth.

Oh, he was right on the fact that everyone had their own tells while drunk. It was just that Mattie’s tell made him the clingy kind of drunk.

“I’ll get food in a bit. You should… rest for a while.”

Okay, was he subtly suggesting to the other to pass out on the couch while he scrambled around the kitchen doing everything one-handed? Yeah, pretty much. Thankfully there were some foods that could be made without overexerting himself so much.

“You’re hella drunk. No camping outdoors for you tonight.”

Was this a subtle invitation to stay the evening too? Maybe?!

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 17:56:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Alexei suggested rest. Which, really, sounded amazing right now. He shifted to pick up the shiny Wooloo to add him to the mix, finally covered in warm and fluffy wool. Wow, this was nice.

"I'm not hella drunk!" he objected rather loudly, pointing his finger in the air before letting it fall back on the couch.

However, even in his intoxicated mind, he had to admit that this was rather comfortable.

"Mkay, whatever you say." Mattis shifted one more time to get even more comfortable before sighing, finally falling into a drunken sleep.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 18:28:34 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The black-wooled Wooloo was already long asleep, and didn’t even budge (for this Wooloo slept like a rock) when the bluenette made to pick him up from the floor.

Now threatening to be drowned in Wooloo fur (of the normal and shiny variety) Alexei then chuckled softly as he looked at the idiot who proclaimed he wasn’t drunk (even if he so was) and smirked.

“You so are,” was all he could say.

He had to wait for the other to fall asleep so he could squirm away from the couch and make some food for them to eat…

…okay, his ears were definitely on fire now. But he shook that away as best as he could once he was certain the other was…

…no, he couldn’t be hearing things, but was Mattie snoring? If he was, it was a quiet kind of snoring. More like snuffling, but—

Alexei then wiggled away from the couch and hobbled to the kitchen, quickly moving around as fast and as quietly as he could to make some food for them to eat.

And hopefully the bluenette wouldn’t throw up afterward…

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 21:19:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Ugh, what was that pain in his head? His mouth was so dry. His stomach was growling. What time was it?

Mattis made a move to turn on the couch, but he was greeted with noises of protest by Wooloos, who were covering his chest and stomach. He opened his eyes to the noise, which hurt his head worse. "Ah, fuck," he cursed quietly, reaching up to move the two cotton balls off of him so he could at least sit up.

Slowly propping himself up on his hands, he hung his head for a moment before looking around. Where was he again? He couldn't remember exactly what happened. He looked to the coffee table to his left.

Was that a bottle of vodka?

"Did I drink that?" Mattis asked himself. He knew he couldn't handle a huge amount of vodka. That was one of his huge weaknesses. "Ugh, what did I do?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 21:56:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The first thing the bluenette would smell was the subtle scent of something—well, if cacio e pepe had a smell it would be somewhere on the ‘creamy’ side of things.

Much tempted as Alexei was to make carbonara, the steps for that was way too complicated—with an injured hand he’d be there forever trying to get the ‘sauce’ right—and it so happened he was also out of guanciale, so boo.

Further poking around would reveal that the pale blonde-haired man was at the countertop table, mixing something as furiously as he could one-handed.

“Ah. I’ve been found out,” he said with a chuckle as the two Wooloo let out protesting noises after being moved for what felt like an eternity.

“I made some food.”

As for what he did? Well…

“You were rather clingy,” he said as he kept himself busy, mixing the ingredients for the salad he was working on in a large bowl. “At least you didn’t snore so loud to wake the Wooloo,” he added with a smirk.

@mattis