awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
two idiots walk into a bar [s]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 4:23:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’m serious,” he deadpanned, although he had to lower his voice just in case the two Wooloo woke up and rolled away.

Thankfully, the two sheep Pokémon slept like rocks and therefore missed the bluenette’s outburst.

“Let’s just say—something bad happened.”

Normally, people who were attacked and injured recovered rather quickly but for him—in his case—it was a different ordeal altogether.

“I was in the wrong place at the wrong time,” he sighed afterward, taking another bite from his bowl of salad before setting it on the side table to eat for later.

After a few moments of silence, another sigh escaped him.

“Aren’t… aren’t you wondering how, and why, I almost died when I’d only gotten stabbed in the leg and my hand?”

@mattis

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 23:08:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis gave him a confused look. "Where? When, I mean... how could that have happened? Who did it?" It was unfair, that he was pestering Alexei with so many questions. But he genuinely didn't understand why a place like Fortree City was suddenly classified as dangerous.

Really, even as a member of the league, his own carefree life made him near oblivious to the fact that there was trouble in situations with a group called Rocket. He didn't really know that he had interacted much with them. He knew about the group, but never did he think that the people he interacted with were in the group.

Pulled from his thoughts, Matt looked back to the Wooloos in his lap, his brows knitted together tightly.

"Is that a riddle I need to solve?" he asked, almost bitterly. "Are you hiding something from me?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 4:34:52 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei sighed, albeit softly.

“Let’s just say… even I thought Fortree was safe. Guess it’s not, after all,” he began.

“I got attacked right in the city. It’s a miracle I was able to even summon all my Pokémon that time and have them get help,” he continued to explain quietly.

Fidgeting with the tiny little crown sitting on William’s head, he sighed again.

“It was actually a secret I kept to myself the moment I arrived here, all those years ago. Only my sisters knew of it, but then… this happened.”

He gestured to his right hand, still bandaged and to the foot he’d propped back up.

“Oh, but it doesn’t end there…”

He knew he wasn’t going to hear the end of this, but he decided to face the music head-on anyway. Tilting his chin up, he revealed a swathe of bandages that were also wrapped around his neck.

“Stabbed in the leg and my hand, and my neck… someone pressed a blade into it. Drew… s-so much… b-blood,” he recounted quietly.

“N-normally, anyone would recover in t-time from this. In my case, Mattie, it’s… it’s different.”

He took a deep breath as his left hand continued to mess with the tiny, jingling crown softly.

“There’s… there’s something wrong with my blood. And… there’s no cure to it.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 23:54:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis sat there, listening with his face still contorted in a look of shock. This couldn't be right. But the most confusing part was...

"What do you mean, 'something wrong with my blood?' What could possibly be so wrong that there's no cure out there for it?" he chimed in almost harshly, unsure why his tone was growing so fierce.

He sighed, rubbing his head. At least the hangover headache was fading to a dull ache at this point.

"This is a lot to take in."

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #5F86D1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 21:25:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“At first they thought I was anemic.”

Shit, how was he going to explain all this without the bluenette losing his cool? His fingers idly toyed with William’s crown, the jingling noise serving to distract him for a few moments.

“But then when I started getting paper cuts, bruises—you know, typical kid shit we all get into while growing up—it took forever and a half for the bleeding to stop. For the bruises to heal.”

He sighed again, this time a little harder.

“The doctors called it he—hemo—something, they said that ‘royalty’ often get plagued with this shit. They wanted to trap me at home. Back home, in Mistralton. Keep me there, ‘safe’, forever. But I didn’t want that.”

Another deep breath.

“I ran away from home when I was sixteen. I got here a year later, and that was around the time we first met.”

And then, the follow-up.

“I’m no prince on the run, don’t worry about that,” he added with a weak chuckle. “Do I even look Galarian to you? I don’t even have the snotty attitude most of the royals over there do.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 2:38:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Mattis sat there, listening but feeling like he was going to boil over any second. It wasn't that he was mad at Alexei. But, he was mad at the entire situation, which was out of his control. He was silent for once, and you know what that meant.

Scary things were happening in that head of his.

Once his friend finished his tale, he spoke, his voice low and almost too quiet to hear. "Why did you never tell me?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 4:48:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

And then, there it was.

The dreaded question.

His fingers stopped fidgeting with William’s crown for a few moments as he looked away, unable to give a direct reply.

How was he going to break this to Mattie?

“I—I didn’t want anyone to worry about it,” he began quietly, unable to face the bluenette. “I didn’t want to give off the impression that I’m weak. That people would constantly be fussing over me for all the wrong reasons.”

He then bit his lower lip for a few moments, trying to rein in the panic that was bubbling to the surface.

“I didn’t…want…something, an affliction, a sickness, to define who I was. Who I am. It’s… I don’t want to be the weight that keeps everyone down when they realize me getting injured is a terrible idea.”

And then… the dam burst.

It wasn’t the loud kind of outburst, it was more on—the quiet, sniffling kind of cry.

“I don’t… want to hold people b-back, y-you know.”

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 21:18:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
It really wasn't Matt's intention to make anyone upset. Not himself and certainly not Alexei. But the more he thought about what happened, how if he was here...

He could have stopped that from happening. He was sure of it.

Even if it was totally impossible to stop, he would have taken the hit himself. Matt sat there, beating himself up over something that was out of his control. He barely heard Alex speaking to him until he sniffed.

Was his crying?

Looking away from his fists and to the man beside him, Matt allowed his facial features to relax. He didn't realize he had been holding such an intensely furious look. "You wouldn't be holding anyone back, you know. That's why you have friends. They're there to help you when you need it," he pointed out.

Slowly, with hesitation, he placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to provide some comfort. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get upset."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 3:57:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I al—also want to p-protect e-everyone, which is why…which is why I never told anyone else a-about this. I didn’t…want to be a burden… he continued, rubbing his eyes with the back of his bandaged right hand.

Oh, no.

“I w-want…to be brave, you know. Be s-strong, face e-everything h-head on, w-without any…without anything holding me back. O-only instead, th-this? This? this condition of mine…it feels like it’s got me t-tied down, unable to do anything without…without getting seriously hurt in the process.”

There was so much more he wanted to say, however the rest of the words died on his lips when he felt something on his shoulder.

Never mind if William was between the two of them, dozing like the little monster he was—Alexei gently shoved the normal-colored Wooloo out of the way and just literally collapsed into the bluenette’s personal space, trying not to have a massive combined freak out and break down.

@mattis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 17:34:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
With a shove out of the way from Alexei, William and the unnamed shiny Wooloo made noises of protest and eventually rolled away from the couch. It was too cramped for them, it seemed, since things were emotional and full of tension. Oh, well. Matt was sure that they would join him on his bed later.

What he wasn't expecting was Alexei to quite literally fall into his arms, his lap, wherever he went. Did he just send him into panic mode?

However, he didn't push him away. Instead, Matt patted his back and his head, allowing him to compose himself or to let out whatever he was holding back. It seemed like he had been building a dam for a large time, and it was about to explode.

After a moment, Matt sighed. "I think we should go to bed, Alex. You need to rest," he said, his voice soft and gentle.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 3:10:32 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei didn’t care if the two Wooloo were unceremoniously evicted from the couch (he was certain they would find ways to sneak into the guest room to sleep with Mattie eventually, knowing the two), Alexei needed to space to—

Just crack and be vulnerable.

Normally he would keep everything bottled up and just let that bottle adrift elsewhere with nobody else finding out about it. However—

The only thing the bluenette would hear would be the sound of quiet crying. He wasn’t that much of an angry, loud crier—preferring to keep things subdued.

“I just—” he began quietly after he’d gotten most of the emotion out of him, feeling so wrung out.

“Th—thanks for being here,” he added once he’d rubbed his eyes again with the back of his hand.

And for listening to my crazy talk, he added to himself in the back of his head as he got up to his feet, a little shaky.

“Y—yeah, I b-bet the Wooloo would want to sleep with you tonight.”

The bleating noises from the guest room confirmed that.

“S—see you in the m-morning,” he continued as he picked up the salad bowl and kept it in the fridge, before, returning to turn off the television and grabbing the cane.

@mattis

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 4:29:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@mattis