Beach Day [M]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 17:25:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Captain Solveig Einarsdottir is no drill instructor, but there’s a strange comfort to moments like these.
[break][break]
A comfort in standing under the scorching heat of a summer sun in full uniform; her long hair tied into a tight bun while calm violet eyes watch soldiers run. Maybe she’s crazy. Maybe she just likes seeing that her troops are staying in shape. Maybe it just brings back good memories.
[break][break]
She doesn’t even need to be here, but she wants to be, it’s important to her, even if she’s sure most of those before her would rather be enjoying themselves in the water than running at this quiet beach near Mossdeep. Isn’t it always this way?
[break][break]
”Come on, Black. You can do better than that.”
[break][break]
Leave it to Sol to single out a newbie.
[break][break]
Talk about a beach day, huh?
[break][break]
Sorry, Uriah.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | MISSION
[BREAK]Azul has no idea what she's doing but she'll fake it 'til she makes it. Boot camp? What boot camp?

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 19:29:04 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]there is no comfort; absolutely none at all. how can there be under this smoldering heat? dressed in full uniform too. uriah could practically feel his life fading away.

or more like sweating away.

but like usual, he's being dramatic.

"i don't like it when you call me that."

he tosses a glare over his shoulder that's somewhat contained given the nature of their ranking. he's her subordinate, which he absolutely loathes simply because he hates taking orders. he's never been good at them — just ask .

"why are you here, cap? just to watch us suffer?"

just to watch me suffer?

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 3:20:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Poor Uriah.
[break][break]
Maybe Sol’s sunny disposition is what helps her withstand the smoldering heat.
[break][break]
Sunny disposition such as the way she looks at him when his retort comes – cold, calm, and collected.
[break][break]
Someone else would perhaps say he’s out of line and punish him accordingly, and they wouldn’t be wrong to do as much, but Sol? Sol does no more than raise a single, perfectly-trimmed brow.
[break][break]
”It’s your name, isn’t it?”
[break][break]
Her tone is dry, lacking in emotion.
[break][break]
No one interjects, probably because while Sol isn’t the worst out there, she’s not the type of person to mess with.
[break][break]
And yet, she stares at Uriah.
[break][break]
”Suffering? Damn, and here I thought you were all officers.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:28:52 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]in all honesty, uriah probably should've been punished for stepping out of line. but it's not like he'd learn from it, if history's anything to go by. again, just ask .

"my name's uriah."

black's my father.

he simply closes his eyes to hide how they roll to the back of his head. with a pained sigh, he asks:

"why don't you join in, cap?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 13:03:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Sol isn’t a particularly intolerant person. She’s not short-tempered and it takes a lot to truly upset her. But, there’s things she can accept and things she can not, and being disrespected falls among the latter.
[break][break]
Especially while in uniform.
[break][break]
Especially by someone who is supposed to be under her command.
[break][break]
Especially when in front of his peers when earning their respect has been hard enough as a woman.
[break][break]
It’s not that she has anything against Uriah. In fact, at those moments, when he says those words, Sol finds herself really wishing he had chosen to keep his mouth shut. This would all be much easier if he had kept his much shut.
[break][break]
Still, does he really respect her so little, or is it just that he doesn't like being bossed around?
[break][break]
”Stop.”
It’s a single word, but it cuts sharp and cold, and although others look at her, they carry on with the exercise, because they know well that she’s not referring to any of them.
[break][break]
Her gaze is fixed on Uriah.
[break][break]
”Come here.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 13:32:46 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]stop.

all too familiar with the command, the reaction is instantaneous: he slows to a sudden halt and doesn't even bother to sidestep out of the way. the officer behind him bumps into him but recovers quickly, perhaps afraid of getting called out by their captain.

uriah tenses as he meets her gaze.

naturally, defiance sparks.

how long will it last?

an exhale escapes him as he turns to approach. he stops close, expression definitely lacking respect.

"yes, cap?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 18:47:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Defiance is not something that exists within her. Not towards those she respects and considers superior to her, at least. As cold and unshakable as Sol may be, respect is something that has existed within her for as long as she can remember, perhaps because her own father’s military background left a deep mark in her since long before she herself enlisted.
[break][break]
So, turns out they both have complicated relationships with their fathers, even if this is not something they know about each other...
[break][break]
Nothing of the sort crosses her mind as she looks at Uriah, ever so slightly raising her head to meet his gaze. She can see the defiance, but if it awakens any emotions within her, this is not something her own stare dares display.
[break][break]
Calm and resolute, what it does show is how firm and steady Sol actually is; how there’s nothing anyone here could do that would truly affect her.
[break][break]
Is this really true, or is it just the heavy barrier she puts between herself and the world?
[break][break]
The answer doesn’t matter at these moments.
[break][break]
What matters is that Uriah's defiance means nothing.
[break][break]
It doesn’t change a thing at all.
[break][break]
At least not for Sol. For Uriah though…
[break][break]
After a few seconds that may have felt like an eternity, she looks down at the ground before meeting his gaze once more. ”Fifty push-ups. A hundred if you don’t start right away.”
[break][break]
And with that, she walks away.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 19:19:44 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]did she say fifty?

he almost opens his mouth to retort but the warning of a hundred stops him in his tracks. still as tense as ever, he mutters something under his breath, likely profanities aimed at no one in particular, before dropping down to the ground to start doing push-ups, of all things.

"one...two...three..."

despite his earlier defiance, he actually follows through with doing the fifty required...just at an excruciatingly slow pace. the others seem to have finished a lap or two by the time he's done.

then, he glances up at his captain; a smirk prominent on his features.

"...fifty."

pushing (struggling) back up to his feet, he sighs.

"all done."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 8:09:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

At least he listens, even if he may not like what Sol has to say.
[break][break]
Quietly, she turns her attention back to the beach, following the others’ movements as they carry on with the exercise. She listens to the sound of the waves, almost as if she can’t hear poor Uriah counting by the ground as he does push-up after push-up.
[break][break]
She can hear him, of course, and she hasn’t forgotten about him, but as Sol sees it, it’s better to pay him little mind: she has no time for disrespectful people, and continuing to hound him could mean he’d lose what little fondness he has for her as his superior officer – if there is any at all. Sol doubts it, since she’s not the type of person people are usually fond of (unless that person is , of course)
[break][break]
’...Fifty.’
[break][break]
When she turns to look at him once more, her gaze finds his, and she doesn’t miss the smirk.
[break][break]
Is he proud or something?
[break][break]
He had taken pretty long…
[break][break]
”Good. Took you long enough.” The words come matter-of-factly, but her tone isn’t harsh. She’s pleased, yet of course Sol would never show that. ”You can rejoin everyone else. There better not be a next time, Uriah.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 12:41:32 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]though he may play it off like he isn't, there's no denying how exhausted he feels after the push-ups. despite that, the smirk lingers even as he turns away to join the others.

"yes, cap."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Beach Day [M]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 4:37:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(Officer)