TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 0:48:50 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Don’t go there,” Katherine tells the ghoulish Pokemon when it threatens to cross into the tall grass. ”We aren’t here to hunt wild Pokemon.” As if startled by her words, the Sableye turns immediately on her feet and stares down at the elite four.
[break][break]
What could they possibly mean by saying that they weren’t here to hunt?
[break][break]
“I mean it. We’re patrolling for suspicious activity.” And not the type wild, untamed Pokemon were responsible for.
[break][break]
With a snap of her fingers, Katherine gathered Amethyst’s attention and continued onwards. Her stride oozed confidence and self-assurance both in abundance, in the signature fashion.
[break][break]
“Don’t worry.”
[break][break]
The Pokemon’s eyes, once more, drifted up to meet Katherine’s own.
[break][break]
“If we won't find anything, I’ll let you play for a while before we head back.”

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkmnparty"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 20:17:08 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Something appeared to block Katherine's path.

As if from thin air a pale Ariados would lower her Camouflage to reveal herself. The spider stared at Katherine, waiting patiently to be noticed. As she stood in the Elite Four member's way, it shouldn't take more than a second.

The Ariados stood absolutely still, her posture being neutral to portray a lack of aggression. Still, there was no guarantee that her companion wouldn't attack. Once she was confirmed to be seen, the spider calmly crawled toward a nearby tree. She would latch onto the bark, pulling herself up effortlessly until her body disappeared among the leaves.

Oscar walked out from behind that tree. His hands were up, wishing to display a lack of violent intent. He kept his hands up as he addressed the ex-Rocket.

"You aren't an easy woman to track down. Took Emma nearly a week just to find you. Uh Emma being the Ariados, not the assassin." Oscar smiled briefly, but it seemed to falter under the weight of uncertainty regarding his current level of safety. "I'm just here to talk. If you'll allow me I can show you that I don't have any pokeballs on me."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 2:58:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

The camouflaged Ariados is regarded with a narrowed stare, red eyes falling upon the bug-type as it turns to skitter away, likely to hunt down some unassuming, innocent butterfly. Katherine doesn’t think twice of it when it flees into the wild, having already dismissed the idea that it belonged to someone.
[break][break]
After all, no trainer was to be seen. She couldn’t sense anyone either.
[break][break]
… For a couple of moments, at least.
[break][break]
reveals himself, his hands held up as he steps into the light and his familiar, pale features are revealed in full. That was definitely the man she knew and once worked with, there was no doubt about it.
[break][break]
Tapping into Giratina’s powers, Katherine phases instinctively as he speaks. For all she knew, he might’ve had someone pointing a gun at her from behind.
[break][break]
“... Oscar.”
[break][break]
She fails to reciprocate the smile, especially considering the events that unfolded in Sootopolis city.
[break][break]
“Go on then. Prove it.”
[break][break]
If he thought that she’d simply trust his word due to their history— he was wrong. because of their history, she knew not to trust a word that left his mouth. not unless he gave her a good reason to.

[newclass=".katherine blockquote"]width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:13px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote b, .katherine blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .katherine blockquote b { font:13px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600;[/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine blockquote img"]filter:grayscale(1%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine blockquote img:hover { transition:0.6s all; filter:none [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:480px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins'; border-top:1px solid; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".katherine .pkmnparty"]margin-top:-20px; text-align:center; } .katherine .pkmnparty img { filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.6s all; } .katherine .pkmnparty img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.6s all; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 1:58:12 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar smirked, carefully opening his coat to show that he indeed had nothing on his belt. He even turned around, lifting the coat's back to show that he wasn't hiding anything on the back of the belt either. Oscar was careful to keep his head turned so that at least one eye stayed on Katherine. Didn't quite trust her enough to turn his back on her blindly.

Oscar turned back, "You must know by now that I was the Rocket in the skull mask. Y'know, the one you threw off into the abyss." Oscar's tone was casual but his face was stern, he didn't expect her to feel bad for nearly killing him but that wouldn't stop him from being bitter about it. He continued, "Anyway, I know better than to fuck with you and your worm god."

Oscar flatted his coat and shrugged, "As fun as it would be to kill myself in a hopeless attempt at revenge, I really just have questions. And you happen to have answers." Oscar opened his coat and gestured to the inner pocket. "Lollipop?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 0:14:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“Yes.”
[break][break]
“I know— well I had a feeling back there too.”
but for the sake of saving face, she preferred to act as if she didn’t recognize any of them. “Giratina,” she corrects him, a scowl developing on her features. Thankfully, it’s a brief one, for Katherine doesn’t hold Oscar’s mistake against him.
[break][break]
not this one, at least.
[break][break]
“Oh? What makes you so sure about that?” She did have answers, plenty of them, but it still surprised Katherine that Oscar chose to approach her for them. It appealed to her ego, too, but that’s beside the point. “I’ll answer whatever you want to know,” easy. He already got what he came here for.
[break][break]
“As long as you’ll make it worth my while and answer some of mine.” But naturally, when you dance with the devil, nothing is ever too easy.
[break][break]
“Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer bubblegum.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 4:29:52 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar chuckled as he chose a lollipop from the cigarette holder he hid them in. He found nothing she had said to be amusing, he just wanted to mask his bubbling frustration. Bubble gum? BUBBLE GUM!? No wonder she was known as The Malevolent. Oscar hated many things in this world, and bubble gum was easily in the top five. Of all the fiendish sweets to like, shame on her!

With his oral fixation satisfied, Oscar swallowed his pettiness and nodded. "Fair enough, but I have conditions. You can only ask as many questions as I ask and no questions about stuff you know I can't answer." Oscar didn't wait to hear her agree, these were simply his conditions it was up to her to follow them or not. He gave but a second's pause before beginning.

"With that being said, I'll get this over with. Make it easy for both of us. Now Katherine allow me a moment of vulnerability to admit that I saw you as The quintessential Rocket. I didn't know you very well at all and what I heard impressed me as a grunt, so I sorta idealized you in my head. So here I have the perfect example for how a Rocket should be, and she flips sides. That's something I didn't see coming in a million years. So it begs the question, why? What was so bad that you felt you needed to leave?"

Oscar chuckled as he raises his hands, "I need to know, Rocket's never been perfect but to drive Katherine fuckin' Fairburne away--that takes something big."

He waited for her answer, and subsequent question.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 23:12:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She found the conditions he set for their little game manageable. Sure, she’d have preferred having no restrictions about what she could ask, but he wasn’t an idiot.
[break][break]
Prior to his opening question, Oscar showers Katherine with praise - eliciting a smile from the former Rocket. If there was a way to get on her good side, then it was this. Stroking her ego never failed to get results.
[break][break]
“Well Oscar, you answered your question yourself, didn’t you? I was, and I still am, the perfect Rocket. I used the organization, squeezed it for what it’s worth, and when it was no longer profitable to be a part of it - I left,” what else would she do? Remain a lackey for Walsh out of loyalty and nostalgia?
[break][break]
No.
[break][break]
She was always more important.
[break][break]
“Nothing was too bad, but it stopped being great.”
[break][break]
She didn’t care about freaking world domination. It was so… Simple. So petty and inconceivable. She was a god’s chosen - a goddess in her own right - why on earth would she care for all those…
[break][break]
Insignificant people?
[break][break]
“I am pursuing different highs now. There is so much more than what Walsh wants and needs. You’ll see that… In time.”
[break][break]
She can’t help but crack a smile now. It was finally her turn.
[break][break]
”Why Sootopolis? We both know that are better targets Rocket could’ve taken. Slateport, Ever Grande City… Hell, even Lilycove. So why go after and Sootopolis?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 4:15:50 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Katherine's answer was perfectly understandable, but Oscar was left unsatisfied. Perhaps he was hoping there was more to it, to learn some sort of secret that would--never mind. Oscar nodded solemnly, she had answer truthfully so he would do the same. He was taken aback by her question though, it was deceptively simple. 

He crossed his arms as he provided a straight forward explanation. "Sootopolis was an easy choice. It's built into a crater with limited ways to enter directly. With some fortification, it can be easily transformed into a fortress. From there we can coordinate other objectives with little fear of losing the city. The spire was a factor, but since it was destroyed we're just left with our original vision. As for Melody, I'm not privy to the exact reason. As gym leader she has a fair amount of influence over the public, she was likely removed to avoid the risk of her interfering. That's just a guess though, take it with a grain of salt."

Revealing all this made Oscar sweat. If anyone knew he was giving this information, as trivial as it was, he's likely be shot in the face. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to that. Oscar gave Katherine a moment to absorb that information before extending his next question.

"You haven't given anyone up yet. I for one am very appreciative, though I'm curious--why?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 17:18:06 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Truthfully, she didn’t care about the logistics of Sootopolis. Having heard the same argument made by , she imagined that there must have been… More to Rocket’s decision.
[break][break]
And as she comes to find, there was.
[break][break]
The spire.
[break][break]
“I see.” She would have preferred to know the exact reason why Melody was abducted, but if Oscar claimed he didn’t know, then perhaps it was kept above his paygrade.
[break][break]
“Rocket could have just as easily given me out, don’t you think?” But they hadn’t. They won’t. Despite having never discussed such terms with Walsh, she knew he was no fool. He wouldn’t oust her out of spite if it meant she could do the same to him and so many others.
[break][break]
Besides, it’s not like Katherine didn’t have a backup plan to fall on.
[break][break]
“I haven’t done it because there are people I still care about in Rocket. Nothing else.” Well, that, and also to avoid the headache of actually pretending to have been the League’s double-agent all along. Putting on another mask seemed… Less than ideal, really.
[break][break]
“What do you know about that tree that popped up in Sootopolis?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 5:54:28 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar lurched, stifling a cackle. He shook, slowly swallowing it back as he regained his composure. He raised a hand, breathing heavily as he recovered from his near  laughing fit. "I mean no disrespect, it's not your fault honest. It's just a bad question for me."

Oscar shrugged, raising his arms just a bit higher than his shoulders. "I got no clue. Neither does anyone else. That thing is a complete mystery, people are looking into it but they aren't me." Oscar craned his neck, his arms limply falling to his sides. "Tell ya what, since I hurts to leave it at 'I don't know', you can have a second question on your next turn. Only this once."

Oscar folded his arms, his bemused disposition rapidly fading. Back to a more serious posture, he threw out his next question. "The league can't possibly provide anything more than Rocket did. Whatever you're gaining has to be coming from somewhere else, or at least I'm fixated on that idea. If I'm right, what's the real source behind your change of heart?" As an aggressive opponent of the League, Oscar couldn't imagine them providing anything beyond freedom. Was that really all Katherine wanted? Was that all she needed? The idea made Oscar shudder, he hoped there would be more to it.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 21:52:54 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“I can see why you would think that,” she’d have made the same assumption if she were in his shoes. Fortunately, she wasn’t. In fact, she was wearing heels Oscar probably couldn’t walk in. “and although i normally hate to disappoint, there is no conspiracy I am hiding. No third party is sponsoring me, Oscar.”
[break][break]
Well, there was one…
[break][break]
But not the type she’d disclose in this sort of game. Not outright, at least.
[break][break]
”The League surprisingly does have... “ she spends a couple of moments weighing her words, contemplating if they’re the right ones. “..more appealing allies, you could say. People I can use to achieve what I want.”
[break][break]
No.
[break][break]
“People who can help me get whatever I desire.”
[break][break]
Much better.
[break][break]
“You said I have two questions, right?”
[break][break]
She doesn’t wait for confirmation. Instead, she merely asks what she wishes to know, “who is working on the tree if you aren’t?” would make sense, seeing as how she’s among the most senior scientists Rocket has, but if Walsh was more interested in on-the-field experience, then…
[break][break]
, maybe?
[break][break]
?
[break][break]
“... As for my second question. Is there something you think I should know?” something that might worry her? Raise any concerns? Worth keeping in the back of her head? It’s a long shot, and Katherine was certainly not paranoid enough to wallow in such thoughts, but she figures that it’s worth a try.
[break][break]
Especially since she doesn’t have anything else to ask about.
[break][break]
“That’s it from for now. If you have more than one question left, go ahead.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 22:00:42 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar twitched more noticeably, his scowl turning into a brief snarl as his frustration peeked. He was a moment away from taking his anger out on Katherine before he suddenly caught himself. His shoulders went slack as he looked down and breathed deeply. Oscar straightened up quickly, his expression glazed as he stared past Katherine.

"Forgive my outburst, I'm disappointed. Perhaps I was hoping for something--more. Something I could use to--" Oscar shook his head, running his hand through his hair as he sighed deeply. "Never mind that. Thank you for being honest. Now for your questions--" Oscar cracked his neck as he shrugged, "No idea. It's not who you would think though, the head scientists have their own concerns. From what I've heard we're looking toward--eccentric methods. That should yield quicker results. As for what you should know..."

Oscar crossed his arms, unsure how to answer at first. What the fuck could a traitor need to know? Oscar pursed his lips, traitor or not Katherine could prove to be a valuable asset in the future. At least for Oscar and his ambitions. He looked her in the eyes and spoke plainly. "I have no interest in hindering you. If you stay out of my way, I'll stay out of yours. Everyone and their fucking grandmother in Rocket wants your head, but unless I'm ordered to you won't see me trying anything. You'll know if I've been ordered because I'll be wearing that mask from Sootopolis. Don't let your guard down though, it's only a matter of time before Rocket makes moves against you specifically."

Oscar turned away, a brief sign of some sort of thinnest amount of trust. "Perhaps we should meet again. When there's more to share. I'll be in touch." With that he walked off, strolling onto the park path as if nothing happened. 

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 22:44:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

“I can ignore the ignorance,” katherine’s eyes close as Oscar’s scowl deepens and turns into a snarl. “I can ignore idiocy and I will even ignore lying,” her tone remains soft. Quiet. Controlled and devoid of her bubbling wrath.
[break][break]
Until she disappears in the blink of an eye, whisked away by a SHADOW FORCE. She rematerializes in front of Oscar, having invaded his personal pace, and with her hand already lunging for his throat. She aims to secure a tight hold around his neck. Not quite choking him, Katherine still applies enough force to make things uncomfortable for her former coworker.
[break][break]
And friend, perhaps.
[break][break]
“But I will not look past blatant disrespect, Oscar.” Nails dig into his flesh, piercing through the skin. ”I was willing to entertain this little reunion, but do not confuse my kindness for weakness.” The Malevolent could look past many things, indeed, but Oscar undoubtedly struck a nerve or two.
[break][break]
“I don’t care if you stay out of my way or not. If I wanted to kill you that day, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation right now.” A short pause, and then Katherine finally retracts her arm, releasing Oscar.
[break][break]
”Walsh can send whoever he wants after me.”
[break][break]
“Either way, it’s their funeral.

[break][break]
Katherine draws a deep breath not only to calm herself but also the God residing within her. “If you want to talk business again, I suggest you don’t stalk me next time. Send me a text or call me… And do that after you work on your manners.”
[break][break]
She doesn’t bid the man goodbye before stepping back, allowing another SHADOW FORCE to teleport her elsewhere.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,807 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2021 23:44:54 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar had made a mistake. He had forgotten who he was dealing with, and very quickly paid the price for his insolence. Before he could even react Katherine was upon him, her hands wrapped around his neck like a damn snake. His initial shock caused a daze that missed a few words as she hissed in his face, but he was soon focused entirely on her and what she had to say.

Oscar knew this wasn't an attempt on his life, Katherine was making a point and he paid very close attention. He did not fight back, instead smacking the ground so that Emma knew not to attack. Oscar's eyes went wide as he struggled to breath, the grip of her nails feeling like needles. Yet even through the pain and discomfort, Oscar stayed focus. 

As Katherine let go and departed, Oscar gasped. Her message was heard loud and clear, though Oscar would not get the chance to relay that before she disappeared. Oscar growled lowly, slowly rising  as he rubbed his neck. He could feel the indents left by her nails, they stung to the touch. He should have known better than to not bring a pokemon with teleport for a quick getaway, he was too confident that she wouldn't attempt anything. He had forgotten that, while she wasn't a Rocket, she was still a hard-ass at heart. 

Emma appeared at Oscar's side, looking up at him as if waiting for orders. Oscar sighed, his neck burning as air was pushed through it.

"I guess I should get her number."

--End--
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a rocket's elegy [c]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 6:54:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: