Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 0:35:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Aftermath

It seemed like only one person present was shocked at the reveal of The Pokkenger's identity.

Of course it was Doug, who else?

"K- Kazimir?!" He uttered, blinking owlishly at the blonde man. What in the world...? This made no sense. Kazimir had no reason to try and kill a bunch of kids... Not back in New Year anyway!

"Wait, I'm getting sidetracked..." Doug muttered after a moment, rubbing the sides of his temples before turning his attention back to the conversation at hand.

The story 's pokemon had shared with them seemed about right, from what Doug knew, and it even filled in a few blanks he had.

piped up, followed by and shortly after.

His turn then, he supposed.

"I ain't sure what'cha mean by monsters 'ere." Doug said to Kaida, cupping his chin. "Avatars are the guys like Councilman Cole-essam, or Mr. Anderson. Or... Ugh. Merlino."

He turned his attention to the Gothorita, brow furrowing.

"I can't say for certain... but I'm fairly sure I saw Mr. Schwartz's light in the storm created by Merlino. It's the only reason we were able to... proceed with the evacuation."

He chose his words there very carefully.

Other Tags:
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2021 6:29:27 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "then balder's with rocket." it's a simple truth. unnerving as it is, no embellishment or euphemism would be appropriate. still, the staticky ruckus and rancor of sootopolis' civilians remains a memory terrifying enough to fill the space.

noah looks at kaida and lars. as well as he can that is, through the flat plane of his phone screen.

"believe in yourselves some more!" noah says. "you two have been through a lot. lars, you're an avatar of articuno! stop selling yourselves short. okay? you're letting them win in your head." he points to his head, finger tapping on his noggin as the camera shakes.

tl;dr - noah piggybacks off of doug's words about balder / talks to lars + kaida

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 4:44:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Turning to Kaida, he then remembered—that’s right.

“Forgive her wording about the whole situation, it’s just that—she’s had an unusual upbringing, and she’s more accustomed to being around Pokémon in the wild,” he explained. He knew that the unfamiliar terminology would confuse everyone sooner or later.

And then, another blow.

“What. Wait, Balder—got captured by them? What—how—isn’t he like, supposed to be the Commissioner’s personal bodyguard or some such?” he confirmed, pouring yet another shot of tequila and downing that in one go.

“Who’s protecting her now? What’s the League going to do about it?”

And then, he remembered something else—

“What about ? Where was she?”

Where was she during the time the city she’s supposed to be keeping an eye out on, was under attack? he finished the rest of the sentence in the back of his head.

Meeting at Noah and Kyle's place

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 22:30:20 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @raidpeeps

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
"...i'm sure commissioner goode can protect herself, mostly, and its not like balder was her only bodyguard." at least he hoped he wasn't, kaz never did question why the former gym leader and avatar would take on a bodyguard job with the leader of the league. it just seemed like...and odd jump to denouncing the league after all. unless there was something she offered that managed to reel him in, she did have a way of finding out things. he was sort of proof to that.

then came the mention of and the blonde hero knocked his head to the side as he tried to recall any sort of information about her during the whole mess. "crap i don't think i ever ran into her back there. then again we were kind of pinned down by the spire. has anyone even seen her? cause now that you mention it wouldn't she be here? or someone would be checking up on her. sootopolis was her city after all."

the hero could only imagine what someone like a gym leader might be feeling knowing that their city was pretty much rocket central number 2. they were probably breathing down her neck right now for all they knew.

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,523 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 0:25:12 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the hospitalized gym leader exhales, breath brushing against the embedded microphone of his phone. a plosive made almost pixel-like. in its rumbling, the breath knows the futility of speculation.

"i just hope she's okay." noah says of . "i'm sure the league's doing something right now about it."

he shifts in his bed, the thin sheets wrinkling across his lap like shallow streams running thinly across river pebbles.

"i'm just glad you guys made it out."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 2:19:52 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar

The Gothorita is silent, glowing eyes scanning the room and allowing others to speak their pieces as she recorded them each. Once the rabble had finally settled, the Gothorita rose from her seat, scooting it back to its original place before she had hopped upon it.

Your questions have been noted as well and your concerns; they will be relayed- in time- to councilman Cole. Unfortunately anything further than the recounting of the Sootopolis incident and the councilman's question on Balder's whereabouts is beyond my liberty to expand upon- as that is no concern of mine.

After brushing off her skirt, the Gothorita looks around once again.

If the need for further union is required you will be contacted, but for the time being I have been told to allow you all time to process.

Her eyes glow a bit brighter, a slight shift in the room felt before a metaphysical projection of Kim appears before her: the effects of a Trick Room.

I had a speech planned but… that seemed a little unnecessary in this setting. Instead, I’d like to thank each and every one of you for assisting in controlling the chaos to the best our your abilities. Please, for the moment, rest up- and if need be, lick your wounds. We will reclaim what was stolen from us, as well as eradicate the threats that push against us in time. But for now, we plan accordingly and strike when we can.

The recorded message cuts out- excluding any dumb jokes Kim had included in the final part of his message- and the Gothorita bows, her eyes closing and the Trick Room fading.

Thank you for allowing me into your home, Mr. Lopez, you are invited to the councilman’s residence whenever you see fit. This extends to Mr. Faber as well. It would seem we are neighbors- in a somewhat broadened sense.

With the Gothorita taking her leave, she bows once more to the Celesteela before walking home, just down the way.

@the peeps present

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
the aftermath [c]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 5:42:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
[break][break]