5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 22:28:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Today was—unusual.

It was a weekend, and of course, the Sanctuary was mostly deserted—the only living soul there being Alexei and his literal armada of Pokémon (asides from the emergency staff at the medical facilities but we’re not counting them okay).

And so today he was…accompanied by his latest acquisition from the tournament that had ended—it was…

Literally…

A big-ass monkey.

All kinds of monkey memes were playing unrestrained in the back of his head as he limped around, following the black-and-green simian as it—did—things.

Not the strange things like was capable off, a constant Grassy Terrain—but…

Who knew that this monkey was quite a gardener?!

He knew of their existence thanks to the other Fortree Excursion report, but that was about it. What in the Djinni’s name were they capable of, really?

Asides from being fantastic landscapers?!

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 6:10:53 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
"hey tarzuzu don't-!" would hardly see the vines coming as they wrapped themselves around his own monkey restraining it as they did their best to lift it up into the air. following the vines to their source they would see that it came from exactly the same type of monkey, black as night and eyes filled with red. behind it was a trainer running up and looking like he had just run a marathon as sweat rolled down his face.

"c'mon bput him down! so sorry man he just saw your monkey and then he went bananas! oh bananas! c'mon tarzuzu put them down and i'll give ya your favorite! a banana fruit punch smoooooothie." the dulcet tones of his trainer and the familiar words caused the zarude to look at the blonde before putting down his doppelganger not looking away from the locked on gaze between monkey and trainer.

[DEATH NUMBER] - 13
[DEATH STYLE] - humorous / character
[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 22:50:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Whoa!”

That was the first reaction he blurted out the moment his own monkey, who was doing some landscaping around the area thank you very much, was suddenly attacked by a bunch of vines and was in a face-off with—

Another one of its kind?!

“You—you called your monkey what?” he clarified, blinking as he leaned on his left foot to relieve the pressure of having to stand for too long on his right foot.

Okay, now he was embarrassed to all shit.

“I haven’t given mine a name yet. I know, stupid me, right?” he went on with a chuckle, before his own monkey let out a huffy noise and returned to ‘gardening’.

“Sorry about that, my monkey’s more a nature lover…” he apologized with a sheepish grin on his face.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 6:19:44 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING

as his own monkey put down his fellow kin their trainer ended up apologizing for...for what kazimir wasn't too sure. being in the way of tarzuzu's rampage? "kweh? what are you sorry for? it was my dumb little monkey for running off like that. he's still got some of that jungle wilderness spirit inside of him and its been a challenge to try and curb it. seems like your doing way better than me on that front though."

kazimir jerks his head toward's alexei's own zarude who's busy turning the land upside down with his own zarude looking at the act curiously and trying to copy what it was doing...by simply digging in one spot. "guess mine doesn't have a green thumb like yours, so you've been having any trouble raising yours? i know the league asked us to help them out but...sometimes the pokemon they give people can really be a handful huh?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 2:03:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The digging, at least, was appreciated.

“Asides from trying to figure out what exactly they’re capable of asides from swinging around trees and screaming like Tarzan… well, mine loves gardening. I figured, why not channel some of the aggressive energy into the earth instead?”

The monkey that belonged to him was shuffling around in the dirt, before planting a few bushes here and there. While they didn’t flower, a Pelipper who just so happened to fly by overhead caused a light Drizzle to sprinkle over the area, effectively watering the plants that the monkey was planting into the dirt.

“Do you—do you know anything about the so-called… uhh, ‘healing properties’ that they have? Mine hasn’t manifested anything of the sort. Just likes… gardening. To an alarming degree,” he remarked as his simian shuffled off to another untended patch and continued ‘working its magic’ so to speak.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 0:43:02 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING

[attr="class","pokkenger"]while the drizzle was appreciated by some kazimir's own monkey just screeched at it as it flew on by and drenched it in ice cold water. the question about what its healing abilities were like and kazimir had to stop for a moment and think about that, rubbing his chin as he tried to recall anything of the sort he might have seen the zarude do that could count as "healing".

"honestly i have no idea. haven't spent a lot of time with him to really see his full abilities, heck i haven't even properly battled-" the screeching continued once again this time looking over kaz could spy his monkey fighting off a lurantis that was a bit too hungry for the green's grown by alexei's own monkey. despite the zarude looking like it was coming out on top of the fight and scaring away the other pokemon kaz could see a line of red running alongside its torso, his zarude also took notice and quickly dug his hand into the ground, small blades of grass budding form the dirt it held as it applied it to the wound and a vine emerged from its body to wrap around its torso like a gauze.

soon after the dirt that was still hanging tightly to its body began to sprout into a full on patch of green that quickly fell off as the vine undid itself and the zarude poked at the faint scar that was left behind. "i...i think we got our answer...i think it heals itself the same way it grows things? from the looks of it?" these rare pokemon sure were something else.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 4:09:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Just as the other was starting to explain how they hadn’t seen anything of the sort he was looking for, the other monkey had gotten into a scuffle with a wild Lurantis.

Which he was pretty sure wasn’t the one that he owned, as that Lurantis had a limp in its step. Count on him adopting injured Pokémon to take care of as well.

“Wait, what—” he trailed off as he watched the other monkey do something that involved a literal kind of first-aid; only involving dirt and…

“Whoa. D’you see that?” he blinked, his eyes going wide at the sight. Unless he’d missed it, how did that—

“It’s with the earth, then,” he continued in quiet wonder. Although, did this mean…

“Ah, shit, don’t tell me I have to eat a mud pie just for that to work?” he broke out into a fit of laughter.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 22:17:01 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING

"hey don't knock them till you try them. mud pies aren't that bad." kazimir joked along as he too was laughing at the gym leader's statement. still it was a sight to behold, a pokemon that used the earth itself to heal it as well as its allies. the most notorious moves that he knew were heal pulse and life dew that did similar things but those two were more...well energy-like than nature based, saved for the latter life dew in some ways he supposed.

"well at least that's one mystery solved. kinda makes you wonder why they aren't used by rangers or something but i guess not all of them are as chill like yours. think most of them are more...energetic like mine." he couldn't help but feel embarrassed as he remembered the lurantis just now. heck even them being given these pokemon were so that they didn't cause any trouble while they were migrating after all. "you thinking of sending it out on some pokejobs to help with poke centers now that we know about it or what?" he asked to try and keep the discussion going.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 20:00:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of PokéJobs, he raised his eyebrows curiously.

“Well, now that you mention it—that’s not a bad idea,” he remarked. “Although, right now, there haven’t been any listings. But yeah, if something comes up, can you let me know so we can send these monkeys out on that job?”

He then rummaged around his jacket pockets and pulled out a calling card that had his name and contact details on it before handing it to the other monkey owner.

“Although, those vines are making me consider…” he went on, limping over to where his monkey was still gardening and finding some vine growth from where plants had been recently been buried.

“Have you tried eating one of the roots you saw earlier to see if the healing also worked?” he asked.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 1:23:57 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING

as he took the card kazimir had to look it over once and then twice before pausing to read the name. the reason being he was pretty sure that this was the name of the gym leader of fortree. well he had to chuckle about the fact that the guy who ran the gym in a city full of trees managed to get a monkey that would probably feel right at home there. as he was about to ask to confirm alexei suddenly asked him if he ever thought about eating the vines of a zarude.

kazimir practically froze as he had an answer for him, but it wasn't going to be what he asked exactly. "uh well...actually did that once. kinda. actually a friend of mine made some into a soda that was pretty decent. made one heck of an energy drink." he scratched the side of his face as he remembered the little trip to the sauna he took with and the two of them were talking shop about sodas for the most of it and exchanged a few new concoctions with one another. one of them being something zac had managed to make out of zarude vines he managed to harvest. "just go ask , he's the one who gave it to me so he might be able to tell you more about it."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2021 19:02:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

All roads—they would lead back to , then?

“Thankfully I know him,” he remarked as he turned his attention back to his own bipedal simian, who’d returned their attention back to gardening and planting more flowers along the way.

“It’s finding where he goes to is going to be the problem—I mean did you see where he usually has his gym battles? They’re all over the place!

Well, it did make sense being the leader whose chosen theme was biomes, anyway.

“Hopefully I can find some time to speak with him privately, he’s got a lot of things on his plate too—just as I do,” he remarked as he leaned on the cane once more, feeling his left foot starting to go numb from all the standing.

“Thanks for the information—I’ll throw in a good word for you when I meet Zac again.”

@ end!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
return to monke [s][c]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2021 4:00:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: