awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 0:09:09 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they've worked together before. their jobs have kept them apart, life even more still. for a while, she followed his career and then came the end of her own. so she colors herself pleasantly surprised to know that the man will be her partner in this endeavor, despite the fact that he probably won't be needed. 

her kommo-o stand at either side of the bank's entrance and her twin dragonair cover the back doors. though there may have been whispers of an attempted robbery today, no money will cross the threshold here on her watch. 

and even in light of everything that's happened, they still squabble over money like children. they. as though she were no longer one of them.

she raises a hand. sometimes it does feel like she's not. she takes a breath, slouches to the side. the once-pain at her hip, in the shaking of her leg, is completely gone. her leg, and her spine, have been healed. 

she's here, after all, to show her good health and her recovery, and to work the muscles that have atrophied to disuse. 
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 0:20:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was not going to have any more of the doctor’s shit.

Nope, he was fucking done being bossed around.

Despite the limp in his step, he still carried the cane with him because even he wasn’t that dumb to disobey a direct order to not put too much stress on his right leg. Even if his right hand was still fucked up, he was determined to get back to work.

And work it was today.

No challengers at the Gym meant his services were needed elsewhere—at a bank, of all places. While there were some small-time banks operating in Fortree, the bigger ones were usually located out closer to the larger cities—like Mauville for example.

Either way, the arrival of a circling Braviary that came to a stop close to the entrance of the bank signaled his arrival. Reaching for the cane he carried in a fun-looking sling strapped across his back, he made sure to get off left foot first before recalling the Braviary and letting the blue-plumed avian rest.

“It’s been a while, Miss Freya,” he remarked as he waved in greeting, friendly smile on his face.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 0:28:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she had been out of commission - quite literally - for the attack on her hometown. when the news broke her, she'd been put back under, forced to rest (and quell her fury). it was days later, when rocket had already infected her home, that she had soared above the cloud-line, watching the rest of her city fall. 

the draconic people fled for shelter. to where, she does not know, but the morningstar family has delivered its dragons into the hands of those who will use them for good. supposedly. 

with their mission come to an abrupt end, she has but one mission: fulfill her promise to

it is with a sort of irony that alexei dismounts his braviary. she returns the smile, though hers is not as warm. "i see we've both returned from medical leave. though perhaps you've come back sooner than you should." she raises a brow. 

and then she goes on. "glad to see you're still alive. too many of us are gone." 
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 0:36:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“They can’t tell me what to do. There’s no way in hell I’m going to let myself be confined to the—hospital for such a long time. And then what? Have me skip out on my job as a Gym Leader? Yeah, no,” he continued with a chuckle.

A few moments later, a Noivern appeared out of a flash of red light. “Fen, eyes in the sky,” he said as he gave the Noivern a pat on the neck with his left hand before the bat-dragon took off into the skies above them.

At the mention of too many people being gone, his mouth drew into a thin line for the briefest of moments.

“…that’s true,” he remarked quietly. Too many. The Three-Day War took many, and even now—this happened.”

What with the active resurgence of Rocket (no longer confined to the shadows) things were about to come to a head in the region.

It was thick in the air.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 1:07:23 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she shakes her head. "i was sedated for most of my recovery." she keeps the reasonings to herself, but it's not hard to put the pieces together. sootopolis' fall weighs heavy on her, even now (even with her allegiances shifted, duties undone). 

"we're with our backs against the wall. all we can do is...this." she gestures to the people moving in and out of the bank, hunkering down a bit as they pass under the watchful eyes of her kommo-o. 

we can help them feel safe. but this isn't safety that they feel. her dragons are a symbol of the looming threat around them, a reminder of the tension waiting to snap. that they need protecting from something

"just don't do anything crazy while we're here. leave the skirmishes to me. we don't need to be out a gym leader because he was too proud to heal properly." her tone is kind.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 1:29:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“For now. They’re being too slow…” he remarked with a frown as he leaned against a nearby wall to relieve the pressure of standing up for so long.

Much tempted as he was to send out his other avian companions to keep an eye out in the sky, he knew that the Noivern was sufficient enough—besides, Miss Freya had a Kommo-o out already and that was enough for ‘intimidation tactics’, so to speak.

“Oh, that’s what I have the Pokémon for,” he remarked, although the sentiment was much appreciated. “They’re ready to join the fray as needed—hopefully we don’t have to do something like that out here.”

Up above, the Noivern circled like a proective bird of prey, keeping watch on the passersby coming and going.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 1:40:33 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"i can't imagine anyone within their right mind would attempt a robbery now." she emphasizes her point as one of her kommo-o dip its head, nostrils twitching. its scales clang together as a sort of warning, though she's merely 'ruffling her feathers,' so to speak.

it is then that her other kommo-o turns. his tail nearly sweeps a passerby off her feet. freya steps to the side to peer around the dragon's massive body, and sees a stoutly teller approaching with haste. 

"wh-what are you doing?" he blubbers. 

freya tenses, indignant. "our jobs? the very thing you hired the league to do?"

he cuts her off with a harumph and looks at alexei. "you dolts, no one's going to try to - someone's here. they're breaking in! they're hacking us."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 2:06:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of ‘hacking’, his eyebrows went up.

Well, shit.

He was sorely tempted to reply that they didn’t have any knowledge of how technology worked—seriously, did any of them present look like hackers or know anything about information technology?!

“Is there anyone who has access to the bank’s online security right now?” he asked, sharply turning to face the other.

There was another retort that was brewing on the tip of his tongue yet he resisted the urge to just outright snap—honestly, did they look like they knew their way around computers?

Sure, he could call in a favor to someone he knew that could trace this; the question was were they available for something on such short-notice?

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 14:27:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she laughs. honest to gods, she laughs. leave it to the league to send an exorbitance of muscle to deal with a situation that should be handled behind screens. it's all so black & white. 

the teller winces at her laughter. a muscle in his cheek flicks and his cheeks redden. she can tell he's checking himself. but her amusement dies down when her partner reflexively tries to sort the problem. 

she feels so detached from it. at the end of the day, she doesn't care whether the criminals get away with their theft. but she has to save face, at least.

"we have IT on it, but they're saying none of the alarms went off. it's like they completely bypassed the systems we had in place."

she puts a hand on alexei's shoulder. "then someone must be inside. my guess is someone slipped by with a porygon or rotom." she reaches for a whistle in her pocket and blows twice. the high-pitched sound can't be heard by her companions, but her dragons shake their heads. 

"aeris and sypha will start searching now. let's go."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 16:15:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that a lot of things were done online, Freya’s hypothesis made sense.

Well, that also made him add a mental note to himself to pick up either one of the two Pokémon mentioned just in case shit did go down and he needed something to send into ‘cyberspace’ to deal with whatever was in there attacking the walls of data…

A second flick of red light and this time, a Salamence appeared.

“Gabe, join Fen up there. Should you see anyone suspicious moving away from the exits, corner them,” and off went the Salamence with an Intimidating roar into the sky.

“Shall we go inside, then.”

If they had to do things like this more often, then so be it.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 16:32:32 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"if you were this worried about an attack like this, you should have reached out to silph co." but she can put together rather quickly why the bank wouldn't have. silph's technology is expensive and why fork over thousands of dollars in security when their friendly neighborhood league can lend a hand out of the goodness of their hearts? 

she nods to alexei and follows him into the building. business continues as usual. most likely they want the target dealt with discreetly.

aeris and sypha slither from opposite corridors to join them. they catch a few glances and it's enough for people to recognize the celebrity beside her. 

"gym leader, alexei!" freya sighs and her dragonair hiss when people get too close.

"we're a bit busy right now, folks. excuse us." she stalks away from the handsome leader's admirers and points to the stairwell.

"the twins didn't find anything on the first floor. we'll have to go down. prioritize anything that looks like it might have some hardwiring to the bank's database."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 16:59:25 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of Silph Co., he smirked.

He knew how much of an exorbitant price tag the company held (what with the known owner having such preference) and therefore, well, that left everything else unable to even purchase a foothold’s worth of favors in the dust.

Poor everyone else, right?

To the people starting to follow them, he apologized with a simple, “Later,” before following Miss Freya deeper into the bank’s underbelly.

“Ah. I was afraid of that, however…”

Two more bursts of light—one a Lucario, another a Ribombee, make their appearance.

“Vince, if you pick up anything suspicious, let us know. Carina, I hate to ask you for such a big favor, but… see anyone acting out of the ordinary, I give you full permission to corner them, too.”

He knew that as of late, his ‘innocent’ little Ribombee was becoming more of a war freak, wanting to scrap.

“Alright,” he nodded to her suggestion.

At least that, he could do.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 17:21:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
there is a usefulness in smaller creatures that freya often forgets. her twins are the ones that she takes on infiltration missions, not that she would consider this one of those times, but it must be nice to call upon strong partners like alexei can in a time of need. 

the rest of her muscle is too big for the cramped, plush hallways. so she follows the dragonair down, alexei and his team behind her. 

it's not long before they come upon a door marked employees only. the handle is busted from force. freya tries the door and it doesn't budge, but upon her pressing, scuffling can be heard from inside. 

she steps to the side. "after you, ivanov."
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 17:28:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Following her down the stairs into the deep, the Lucario points at the door before frowning. There’s something clearly wrong on the other side of said door.

“Carina, get ready.”

Right then and there the little Ribombee begins to spin several purple-colored Pollen Puffs, before holding them aloft.

“Much as I want to kick down the door, alas I cannot,” he chuckled as he leaned on the cane, “…however I can definitely trip someone up with it. Vince, take it away.”

The frown remained on the Lucario’s face, concentrating for a few moments before summoning up enough power to slam his paw into the door, stubborn as it was.

“And hopefully they don’t mind some slight damage. We can cover this at least.”

Another strong attempt from the Lucario to bash the door down.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
body guard [m]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 0:15:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
ah, right. how easy it is to forget his crippled disposition. he carries it with an ease she never had when in the same boat. and already i feel like that's years behind me. her legs are her own and they work on her command. how trivial that marvel is. 

his lucario does the door in on the second hit. the hinges shriek as they're ripped from the metal doorway. the door skids across the floor and causes a hooded figure to jump. a porygon scuttles out of view and in its place emerge two raticates, teeth bared in twisted snarls. 

"oh, for gods' sake." she waves a hand and aeris darts forward. her tail sizzles with electricity, but pops when freya hisses a warning at her, gesturing to the machinery around them. 

tendrils of blue and white light wrap around her and alexei's lucario, a safeguard and light screen, courtesy of sypha. the close-quarter tussle puts them at a disadvantage, but this should help level the playing field. 

"they'll listen to you for the moment. i'll head him off."