uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 7:42:07 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]no one really watches movies during the day. people are most likely working or studying, which explains why the theater's so empty as they step into the building.

"see? not crowded at all."

he leads them over to the side where the displays are. they have a few options...

"action, comedy, romance, or animation?"

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 13:58:09 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
Suzume steps delicately into the theatre entrance, eyes narrowed, suspicion and unease written all over her face. Normally she would have scoped out the whole place before entering, searched for exits, mapped out her route.

But she was blind, here, hovering at the arm of a boy she barely knew.

The woman turns to glance at him, but her attention spans over the popcorn bar. The warm, buttery smell of popcorn strikes hard, and she inhales deeply, eyes widening.

"That... that smells amazing."

Suzume abandons Uriah where he stands by the display, unthinking as she approaches the counter.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 15:15:02 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]his eyes are glancing over the few movie choices they have — focusing on the action one in particular, really — and it isn't until she's already at the counter that he notices.

so he trails after her, approaching her side.

"you've had popcorn...right?"

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 15:26:05 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
The young man behind the counter simultaneously looks Suzu up and down with equal parts interest and unease, attention lingering on the scar smeared across her face. She is oblivious or willing to overlook it to peer past and into the popcorn machine.

Uriah approaches at her side and she glances at him subtly, chin tilted toward him for only a second.

"Yes - but don't you smell that? Why does it smell so good?"

Suzu's diet was boring, so most likely the popcorn she's had were plain, maybe just a bit of salt or something. She turns to look at him fully this time, her brown eyes are warm with intrigue. But she quickly catches herself and catches the lingering stare of the man behind the counter.

It promptly pulls her out of her awe and she pulls away from both boys to look at the movie posters. Like Uriah, she is drawn to the action one.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 15:45:57 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]he sniffs, finding nothing out of place about it.

"...it's butter."

but as she turns away to look at the movie posters, he opts to step towards the counter to buy them a whole set of popcorn and drinks. for once, he pays for both of them.

"decided on a movie yet?"

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 15:52:21 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
Butter.

Suzu tucks that knowledge away for later. She's like to stop off and pick up butter on her way home - or extra, anyway.

Her attention scans up and down on the movie poster, picking up on the plotline as best she can. With a shrug, she glances over her shoulder and then does a hungry double-take as Uriah approaches with bags of popcorn.

"Hm? Oh- what about that one?"

With her thumb, she gestures to the action adventure movie. Without waiting a second more, Suzume plucks a piece from the top of the bag, popping it into her mouth. A small, genuine smile peeks at the edges of her lips.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 16:12:53 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]his eyes follow her thumb to the action adventure poster. he smiles in response, nodding in approval.

"great choice."

he doesn't miss how she plucks a piece, nor how a smile peeks at the edges of her lips. it's cute, he thinks, and his smile only grows at the sight.

"what'd you think?"

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 16:16:34 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
Suzu catches the widening of his smile, the trail of his eyes as they settle on her face. Her brows twitch and her smile falters and falls to pieces. She swallows, retreating to hold only his gaze a moment longer before that, too, pulls away.

"It's good. Come on, what are you waiting for?"

Why is he staring at me? And why does it make me so uncomfortable?

Frustrated, Suzume moves off in a direction. Ultimately, however, the girl will walk straight past the theatre they're meant to be in, a dark cloud hanging over her head and making it difficult to think.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 16:22:30 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]and just as quick as it had appeared, maybe even quicker, her smile fades, for what reason exactly, uriah isn't too sure.

"uhh...no reason."

and then he follows after her, stopping right at the theatre they're meant to be in only to watch her walk straight past it.

"suzu! we're in here."

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 16:50:30 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
Her focus is on her feet against the carpeted ground, on measuring each breath to still the uncomfortable pressure in her chest. The sound of her name brings her to a halt and she glances up, spotting the sign for the romantic movie poster. She frowns, turning around to come right back.

They make their way inside, and on occasion she sneaks another piece or two of the popcorn. This time, however, she keeps her expression under control. Butter coats her fingertips and she absently licks it off given she doesn't have a napkin.

It appears they are just in time, as by the time they sit down, the trailers for other movies have begun. This, too, confuses her, as is expressed openly on her face.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 17:09:08 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]oh...he probably should've told her a few things before they stepped in. no matter, he'll just do it now.

leaning over, he whispers:

"they play trailers before the start of the movie. this is a good time to go pee; you have maybe five minutes."

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 19:19:44 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
Suzu sets down in her seat, though is automatically and visibly bewildered by the fact they are side by side. One quick glance around points out to her that most people are if they're in groups.

How inconvenient. Didn't people want personal space? Or was that just her?

"Hmm..."

Indecision comes swiftly, her face a perpetual frown. She shifts in her seat, uncomfortable. Surely it was rude to stand up in the middle of the movie to rush to the washroom later. But did she really have to go now?

In the end, Suzume rises and moves past him, snatching more popcorn on the way.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 19:55:59 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah doesn't mind; it's better to go now than later when the movie starts. so he watches her disappear out the theatre, though he quickly worries about her getting lost on the way back, and so soon follows after her.

he stands outside the theatre munching away on popcorn.

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 20:06:41 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
The line is non-existent, as either no one else had the sense to go to the washroom early, or they didn't have to go at all. It is only a few minutes before she reappears. She takes her time, taking in the rows of movie posters and memorabilia.

Her attention falls over the carrot-topped young man waiting outside of their theatre. The woman's wide-eyed wonder quickly returns to a note of suspicion and narrowed eyebrows.

"What are you doing?"

Inside, the movie is starting without them.

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
finding nemo
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 20:09:00 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]he's about a quarter way through the bag of popcorn by the time she returns. he looks up, meeting her suspicious gaze.

"waiting for you. had to make sure you didn't get lost."

offering her a smile, he extends the bag over.

"come on. i think it started."