5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 18:13:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh boy.

He didn’t know how much trouble he was exactly in, except for the fact that when he’d dropped by the hospital (begrudgingly) in Fortree, he’d gotten a blunt message informing him that his case had been reassigned to Lilycove instead.

Maybe it had something to do with him running around in the face of God the doctors who kept on yammering about him to rest and not do anything.

However Alexei wasn’t the kind to rest at all and liked to be on the move.

Fact of the matter was that when the recently-concluded tourney had been televised, there was—footage—of him going around.

Clearly having the time of his life, and that certainly pissed the doctors off.

So now here he was, in Lilycove General, sighing as he was sent to the waiting area, still hobbling around on the cane. Well, it was better than the crutch now, but…

“I’m here to see… Doctor Mclain,” were the only words he said at the reception before he found himself here.

Well, shit.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 15:28:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
it doesn't take long after for the medical director to stumble out from one of the many doors. dressed in scrubs as opposed to an expected suit, he approaches alexei with a smile.

"alexei! how's the leg?"

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 20:07:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Still hurts,” was the initial reply—if he was being honest with himself. Well, he did kind of shoot himself in the foot there.

But what was he supposed to do, be an invalid? Convalesce in a hospital and keep all those challengers waiting?

“But not as badly as it did the past few weeks or so.”

Of course, it’s not as bad as his right hand’s injury, constantly in a state of agitation and threatening to bleed at even the slightest heavy undue strain placed on it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2021 11:14:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
it's answer he already knows — alexei wouldn't be here otherwise — but he smiles all the same.

"any idea what might have made the pain worse the past few weeks?"

again, it's a question he already knows the answer to.

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 0:03:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, he was tempted to snark his way out of this. But the way the next question was dropped made it come off in a—okay maybe it was a little threatening.

“Look, I kept off it as much as I could manage. Kind of tricky when you’re down at an event where a lot of moving around is involved.”

And no, there was no way in hell he was going to get his ass seated in a wheelchair.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2021 12:53:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
his words are void of snark or judgement of any kind; it is merely a comment.

"that's what the crutch is for, but i see you've upgraded to a cane."

and with that, he looks back up at alexei, then turns on his heels to start walking back where he came from.

"right! follow me, please. i'll run a more thorough test."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 21:31:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Alright,” he remarked as he stood up to follow him.

While the good doctor’s back was turned, he couldn’t help but make a face.

Just how much shit was he in, really?

At least he managed to get something out of the tournament for all that trouble.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:27:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
alexei isn't in any trouble, really, for there's no one who can be responsible for his health but alexei himself. the best others — others like rory — can do is to simply guide him.

eventually, they're led to the physical therapy section of the hospital. they're joined by a few other patients and pts but the space is big enough not to feel intruded on.

"so, how did you do in the tournament?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2021 4:04:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Eh, I finished near the bottom of the pack, not like the top three—I never meant to go there for the glory, anyway.”

There was a continuation of that sentence on his lips however he decided not to continue with it.

“But I did get a lot of learning experience out of it though, so it was a win for me as well.”

Now that they were there—

“What’d you want me to do first?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 9:42:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"i watched a bit of it. it seems more competitive this year, for whatever reason."

even though he's not a fan of battling in general, watching the top four battle was a genuine thrill. he thinks of , of how graceful and vibrant she is when battling.

at the question, he simply gestures over to a few chairs set off to the side.

"we'll start with a simple question, if that's alright."

he sits, then gestures to alexei's leg.

"why has it not healed?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 10:52:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It definitely was. Challenges flying left and right especially on the last day as the tournament was winding down. People were chasing after wins, everything was fever pitch,” he nodded.

It was different when one was there personally to witness the insanity going down on the last few hours before the final standings were tallied.

Instead of getting started with the treatment, he was surprised to be invited to sit.

Gratefully, he took the other seat and stretched his right leg out, relieving the pressure from it.

“Oh.”

He wondered if all of his files had been sent over, otherwise he wouldn’t have been asked this question.

“They—they didn’t send over all the files, did they?” he prefaced quietly.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 15:27:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"they did."

his hands clasp together as he leans back, finding comfort in the rolly chair. his gaze stays on alexei, leaving only once to quickly glance at other patients off to the side.

"i just want to hear it from you."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 15:49:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh.

Looks like there was no hiding it from him, at this rate.

“Well…” he trailed off, looking away for a few moments as he took a deep breath in order to compose himself. Talking about that topic always made him uneasy.

“There’s something wrong with my blood,” he began quietly. “Any little sort of injury I sustain can spell trouble. Bruises, paper cuts, stab wounds… they take much longer to heal as compared to most.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2021 18:01:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"right. which is why your leg's yet to heal."

simple enough. it doesn't take a doctor to figure that out.

the next question ask is also loaded, though it remains genuine.

"so why do you keep moving around so much?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
chaos [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2021 5:30:03 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, shit.

This was where he was going to get told off, huh? Might as well get it out so he can face the music and dread whatever shit was headed his way.

“I have to keep working,” he began as he kept his voice steady. “If I’m not moving in any capacity, or form, then I feel useless. I have challengers lined up for the Gym. I can’t turn them away. I know there are more out there waiting for their chance to come by the Gym and test their skill.”

He took a deep breath, before releasing it.

“Plus, I—there’s something about hospitals that doesn’t generally sit… well with me. Being like—this. I don’t like the feeling of being… weak. Helpless.”

Useless.