Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2021 17:17:47 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Ooze

Just missin' Zac and Selena.

THE ANSWERS ARE ONES HE NEEDS, BUT DOESN'T WANT.

They stick in his head even as his jaw clenches, his hands squeezing at his towel tightly. Why did tone have to matter? Why did he have to speak softly when he (believed he) was right?

The thought only served to fill him with more animosity towards those 'standing on the other side'.

But ultimately, it was not in his nature to simmer. His fuse burned out quickly, leaving him slumped against the wall once again, sighing out a slow breath.

"If it's not the same, why is it named Rocket?" Doug asked, blunt but tired, looking straight ahead. "If you were trying to make a new political party, would you name it the same as a defunct one known for fascism, racism and such? Would you bring back several of its key members as leaders?"

'Not the same'? What a joke." He muttered out, a snort rocking his chest. "Sometimes I wonder if people are really this dumb or if they are just trying to spite Kantonians."

It really was borderline offensive far too often with these people.

PJ_KVRNn
HEAT POINTS: 583

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 6:54:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OOZE

PRESPIRE YOUR STAMINA UNTIL THE BITTER END

“COULDN’T TELL YOU.”

No one really can except Team Rocket itself. In the regard, Fernando agrees wholeheartedly. Perhaps it’s the only way to establish a name for themselves, to latch onto the legacy of a group infamous for all the wrong reason.

But, I will say that their activity since their announcement does not feel like the Rocket of old.” Considering his audience, Fernando pricks at his words carefully.

For better or worse, their audaciousness has scaled back since their first invasion in Hoenn.

WRThJGUy

HEAT POINTS: 498

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 12:46:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Ooze

"YEAH. THEY ARE SMARTER. WEAKER, BUT SMARTER."

The quick agreement may or may not have come as a surprise, but Doug was always quick to offer his reasoning.

"They can't win in a straight fight, so they're tryin' to actually convince people they are good for the country instead. Revolutionaries, even."

The youth snorted after a moment, a sneer on his lips.

"And it's working, too."

People were eager to blame their government for every little problem in their lives instead of the literal terrorist organization causing those problems for 4 years straight.

It defied all sense and made his head spin whenever he tried to figure it out.

He had considered stopping to often enough, but if what Mr. Silph was saying was right, then he needed to continue trying until it somehow made sense to him.

"I've been preparing for a while now."

He said suddenly, brow furrowed.

"Had been doing so before Sootopolis, but losing the city... galvanized everyone in the military."

Hey, that was a fancy word used correctly! Nice. He should keep reading more.

That aside, Why was he suddenly telling Mr. Silph about this...?

Well, so far it seemed like his advice could only help, for one.

"I had intended to scrub Mauville clean, but I hadn't really thought it was in danger or anything... It just made me angry, thinking those bastards might be running around free under my nose."

His brow furrowed, jaw setting.

"But after what happened.... More than ever now, I think it's important to take a deep dive into all cities' underground scenes."

Everything had been built up right under 's nose, but that wasn't entirely her fault. The League was a damned organization; it couldn't rely on a few hyper competent individuals amongst its numbers to do everything on their own.

"I've managed to acquire info on a few Rocket Outposts within Mauville." He brought his hands together, squeezing tightly. "I need more, though. A lot more. At the very least, I want to know where 70% of them are. I need to find them before they pull off their next stunt."

And crush them all in one fell swoop. Then pick off the scattered remains.

"I don't know how to find any more info reliably, though. I can only pick off so many grunts before Rockets begin to suspect something. Sorry to drop this randomly on ya, but... any advice?"

JvU4mYK|
HEAT POINTS: 519

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 14:32:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OOZE

FERNANDO SAYS NOTHING MORE. Doug has a lot to say and adding to his little exposition would only sour the mood. And, in traditional Silph fashion, Fern is a man of few words. Only when the situation necessitates it does he laud tangible advice.

Tread carefully,” this time his gaze is pointed. Eyebrow match his furrow but his lean toward an expression of caution. It sticks out from the heat pooled in his face.

If you’re going to take action make sure it’s the right one. All it takes is one wrong move to sully a reputation, Sullivan.

dUv_IEih

HEAT POINTS: 473

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 21:19:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Ooze

"... YEAH, I KNOW."

He scratched furiously at his hair, leaning forward as he clicked his tongue.

Fernando's advice was something that he already knew, but just hearing it from the man made him feel nervous- threw his plans into question inside his own head.

But he was unwilling to stop now.

"But hey. If I succeed, Mauville will be clean. And if I fail, I'll have an excuse to retire. That's what we call a win-win, right?"

A bad, not so funny joke, now that he said it. Bleh.

"Maybe I'll just leave then."

His tone was dry. Everything about him, tired.

He didn't know how many things could go wrong for his reputation to be ruined. But if it got to that- if his best efforts, the best efforts of everyone in the military, ended up making him the villain of the story-

Maybe he should just take the hint and give up then.

He reached over and grabbed the laddle left for them, dumping water onto the stones to increase the hot vapor in the room.

"Ya think it's a bad idea?" He asked as the heat rolled over them, his head slumped down with his mass of black hair falling over his face.

He trusted the man to be brutally honest, if nothing else.

bidUx|Ij
HEAT POINTS: 428

·
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 3:30:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OOZE

STEAM SIZZLES. Hot vapor fills the lungs that inflate with an exhale so exasperated that it comes out with deeper thoughts than the cavities they fill. What’s left in their expiration is punctured answer riddled with defiance.

There is no ‘yes’ to his rhetorical.

If failure means leaving a post you believe in, what does that say about your resolve? About your patience and practicality?

9nCGinML

HEAT POINTS: 413

·
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 15:59:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Ooze

"YA DON'T UNDERSTAND, MR. SILPH."

He had already obtained more or less everything he needed from reputation.

"I have m'own criteria for what 'success' means for this mission. So long as I accomplish those... the public can tear me apart for all I care." He said, stretching his arms above his head, setting his jaw firmly.

Reputation was lost a lot easier than it was gained, but...

"There's only one way this mission will be allowed to fail." He promised with a nod.

He would see this through to victory.

Or he would go meet his parents again.

Win-Win, whether Fernando agreed or not.

"I'm more practical than proud anyway. I like to think I ain't a hypocrite, too."

His many conversations with had seen some rather pointed comments about the League's competence come to light- from both of them, at that.

"I've critisized people I think ain't making the cut before... Couple of friends o'mine rarely have nice things to say 'bout League, ya see- and I've often agreed with them. Maybe that's what came out back then."

There were far too many people in positions of authority sorely because of seniority or other crap. Specially in the military.

Maybe he was one of them.

"Either way... I should be willing to put what little money I have on m'mouth 'bout it."

Talk was cheap, after all.

He would know what he was by the end of this.

Ikzugy8Q
HEAT POINTS: 357

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 4:35:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

OOZE

“PERHAPS,” fernando wagers his money somewhere in the middle. to bet on doug in one avenue or another was… well, a gamble. the only bet he takes it the safety one—on himself.

but many people criticize the league, often times for things they cannot control.” having been on the receiving end throughout most of his life, it hardly phases him now. experience has taught him how to manage the infamy.

whatever happens, sullivan, i wish you well, and to keep a level head.

eQYhCVsM

HEAT POINTS: 339

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
OOZE (SAUNA)
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2022 14:04:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Ooze

He nodded. The league's victories were rarely extolled, but its failures were always emphasized. The inverse was true for Rocket as well. Not exactly ideal circumstances.

"Thank you." The youth said, forcing some lightness as he grinned and laughed. "And sure, I can take a hint. I'll avoid drinking until I've seen this through."

Actually, he should probably avoid drinking in general...

_2|zqe6j
HEAT POINTS: 357-4 = 353

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights