fuming [sauna]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 2:12:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

While Sol doesn’t believe she lives a particularly stressful life (she does, she’s just too used to the way things are), she’ll be the first to admit that sometimes she needs to relax.
[break][break]
It’s why, while reluctantly at first, she had agreed to visiting the hot springs at Lavaridge Town. And also why, now that she has spent time with friends, she sits alone at a small and private hot spring pool, enjoying the warmth of the water.
[break][break]
Relaxing is not something Sol does with company, because people have a steady tendency to only add to her stress.
[break][break]
Some people are particularly good at that.
[break][break]
Some people really love pushing her.
[break][break]
But none of these things cross Sol’s mind as she sinks up to her neck in the water, closing her eyes to enjoy the warmth that comes with the steam rising around her.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
MVMxV6_w[break][break]
905/1000

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 4:51:55 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah definitely believes he lives a stressful life, one that he wishes he could escape at times. which is exactly what he's doing this weekend, seeing as how his good friend invited him out to lavaridge to have a relaxing getaway.

it's who he expects when he steps into the room, closing the door behind him a little too hard.

"yo this place is huge i almost got lost finding thi—"

oh. that ain't mars.

"...hi."

[attr="class","noodles"]k6n2wkX1

908/1000

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 5:21:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

And speaking of people who really seem to love pushing Sol...
[break][break]
‘...Hi.’
[break][break]
From the pool, she looks at him, with that cold and intense stare of hers. Steam might be rising all around them, but Sol could freeze the world with that stare.
[break][break]
Stare which, as usual, doesn’t say a single thing about what she thinks of his presence.
[break][break]
”Uriah.”
[break][break]
He gets no greeting, because why the fuck is he here?
[break][break]
It’s not even because it’s him. Anyone would have been greeted in the same manner, because who likes having their peace and quiet interrupted?
[break][break]
It’s a good thing she’s up to her neck in water.
[break][break]
”Looks like you did get lost after all.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
L59i2YkR[break][break]
809/1000

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 5:41:49 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]uriah is enough of a greeting that he offers her a smile in return; a smile that lingers despite the undeniable awkwardness of the situation. he's thankfully still clothed with a towel around his waist.

"looks like i did..."

or is this exactly what he's supposed to be?

"how are you doing, sol? wait this is awkward isn't it? i'll just...leave."

so he turns back to the door and with a tug, he realizes it doesn't open anymore. he tries again, and again, and again, but it's to no avail.

"oh fuck."

[attr="class","noodles"]PZdmphdH

872/1000

[newclass=.uriah] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .uriah b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .uriah a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .uriah .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .uriah .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .uriah .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .uriah .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 6:07:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Without even bothering with a response, from the depths of the water, she watches him – violet eyes following his every movement.
[break][break]
What the fuck is he doing?
[break][break]
Why is he still here?
[break][break]
Is he…
[break][break]
Oh.
[break][break]
Oh no.
[break][break]
”Uriah…” This time, there’s that tone, the one that clearly says ‘what the hell did you just do?’. Not an angry tone, but a disappointed one for sure.
[break][break]
”Please tell me you didn’t just break the door…”
[break][break]
Of course he broke the door.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
b_uV1VGZ[break][break]
772/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 6:37:25 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]with a sigh, his forehead slumps against the door, defeated. the disappointment in her tone is palpable, and it only makes him feel all the more guilty.

"i broke the door."

acceptance weighs heavy on his shoulder. he steps away eventually to linger over in the corner, doing his best not to peer over at her.

"...do you have your phone on you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]haT_TAI1

778/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 7:32:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”You broke the door…” She repeats, because it sounds like an insane thing to say.
[break][break]
He’s joking, right?!
[break][break]
Who the fuck breaks a door?!
[break][break]
Now she’s actually starting to get upset, and the heat of the hot spring sure isn’t helping. What a moment ago had been relaxing now just annoys her.
[break][break]
”Uriah, quit messing around...”
[break][break]
But, he isn’t. She knows he isn’t. He doesn’t sound like he is and he sure doesn’t look like it.
[break][break]
Not when he looks like a kicked puppy.
[break][break]
She sighs, because what can she do but sigh?
[break][break]
”No, I don’t have my phone, and I assume you don’t have yours.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
cfzpJhmI[break][break]
680/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 8:06:41 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]no, he really isn't messing around, but in his defense, the door most likely broke even before he stepped into the room. he just put the finishing touches to it.

"i wish i was messing around, sol."

he echoes her sigh, still leaning against the wall.

"i don't..."

only now does his gaze drift over to her, though it doesn't linger for long.

"how long have you been in here? or how long until they come chasing you out?"

[attr="class","noodles"]nnuvcjGg

704/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:07:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Why is the water suddenly so hot?
[break][break]
She wants to get out and go check on the door, but her towel is out of reach, and even though it may not be anything Uriah hasn’t seen before, she sure isn’t in the mood to let him see.
[break][break]
She also isn’t in the mood to think about that night at his apartment, so the thought is pushed aside as quickly as it appears.
[break][break]
”Chase me out? Why would they chase me out?”
[break][break]
She knows what he means, but what the fuck is that choice of words?
[break][break]
Sol sighs. ”It hadn’t been long.” Then, defeated, she looks at him, her tone less sharp than what it was a second ago. ”...Why are you here, anyway?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
q6HHOU0q[break][break]
612/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:17:53 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]"chase you out — you know, when you've exceeded your time limit, or whatever."

he's struggling to keep his cool, that much is clear, and at the realization that they might have to spend hours trapped here together, he suddenly feels almost as defeated as she does.

"to relax, i guess. a friend invited me out here for the weekend."

a friend he just abandoned...sorry, .

"i guess we're sort of trapped here for a while."

[attr="class","noodles"]SyaRdBUb

609/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:47:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Right…”
[break][break]
It’s more like they politely remind people that their time is up, but she sure won’t bother with correcting him.
[break][break]
She just sighs, because she’s tired, and because nothing about this is relaxing.
[break][break]
”That’s nice…”
[break][break]
Probably much nicer if he actually were with his friend and not stuck here interrupting her alone time.
[break][break]
”Yeah, guess so… Are you sure there’s no way to contact staff?”
[break][break]
She knows there isn’t, and yelling for help probably won’t do much good either.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
vjwxcg1E[break][break]
541/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:57:37 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]after a quick, futile look around, he shakes his head.

"nope. we could yell but i don't really wanna do that."

with another defeated sigh, he steps a little deeper into the room, approaching closer to her if only to sit on a small chair off to the side of the room. he tugs at the ends of his towel, making sure to keep things covered.

"you can...pretend like i'm not here, if you want."

[attr="class","noodles"]TFusm|X_

509/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 10:26:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Yeah, that probably wouldn’t do much good.”
[break][break]
Once more, she sighs, heavily this time.
[break][break]
What are they supposed to do? What is she supposed to say? All she had wanted to do was spend some time at the hot springs and relax, but now she’s stuck in this situation.
[break][break]
Then again, isn’t it the same for Uriah? It’s not like he asked for this…
[break][break]
Fuck. Why does she suddenly feel guilty?!
[break][break]
”I’m not good at pretending.” She really isn’t, but she does look at him. ”...You don’t need to sit so far away.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
1JdK771Y[break][break]
478/1000

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 10:36:40 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
[attr="class","uriah"]you don't need to sit so far away.

but...there's nowhere else in the room to sit, unless she means?

regardless, he nods, deciding it best not to think too much over something that likely means so menial. but to him, it means more than it should.

he stands, approaching to sit a little closer to her, feet sinking into the water. he sits on the ledge instead of going all the way in, perhaps waiting for another invitation.

"sorry for intruding."

[attr="class","noodles"]|1hnJsac

418/1000

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fuming [sauna]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 10:57:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The second invitation doesn’t come.
[break][break]
But, at least she’s not bothered by him sitting on the ledge.
[break][break]
She does move a little further away, if only so there’s not this awkward distance between them, but other than that she’s perfectly comfortable with his presence. Too comfortable, maybe.
[break][break]
”That’s the first time you apologize for being here, you know?”
[break][break]
He should have done it earlier. He should have done it the moment he entered the room and broke the damn door.
[break][break]
Maybe she’s still actually a little annoyed, but she allows the water to wash away those thoughts.
[break][break]
”...Sorry you’re stuck here with me, I bet your friend must be waiting for you.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break][break]
yqgPZYK|[break][break]
450/1000