awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inquiry [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 4:13:28 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It had been—some time since the meeting at the hot pot restaurant, and he’d figured that maybe a late-night audience all the way out here, at a private hot springs for rest and relaxation, would be the best place for him to meet up with someone who had felt slighted at the previous hot pot ‘confrontation’.

It honestly felt more like a confrontation to him anyway.

Either way…

Lars had already settled down, legs in the water, nursing a bottle of the finest lager he could find. While he wanted to bring the tequila here, he figured having beers instead was safer…

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
inquiry [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2021 2:36:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Inquiry

Getting to know the Head Ranger Better.

"Keep that thing away from me."

It was the first thing to come out of his mouth as his eyes found the bottle, flinching on reflex. He gave it a wry look, before taking a seat near the other man.

He would have rather put that night behind him and not think about it ever again, but he had said yes to text, so here he was, ready to either attempt at explaining himself or admit to the man know the main component behind his spiels was a horrible coctel of frustrations and alcohol.

"So... Mr. Anderson. How ya been?"

kanrHswF
HEAT POINTS: 970

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inquiry [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 18:50:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I mean, the offer’s still here if you want,” he said as he gestured towards the other bottle he’d brought along just in case the other did want a drink.

Once he’d taken another sip from the bottle he was holding, he then slid down into the water proper, still holding the bottle.

“Been through worse, but I’ll survive,” he remarked as he tilted his head to one side.

“So, I figured—since you were practically set on at that dinner gathering… want to share your true, honest, unfiltered opinions here? I figured you needed at least someone to talk with about the entire situation,” he offered.

o5IccfVG
remaining: 956

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
inquiry [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 17:12:41 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Inquiry

"Sounds 'bout right."

Wouldn't hope for anything else from one of the League's veterans.

"Uh... Not really, nah."

The meeting came after Doug's surprise convo with .

He was still processing Fernando's advice.

But even without all that, the youth simply no longer felt a fire in his belly like that night; he wanted nothing more than to forget about it.

"I 'ppreciate it, but... Some things are better left unsaid. I drank too much and aired out my frustrations in a very... unfair manner."

Personally, he felt as though people who weren't even present ill-needed protection from words they would never hear clearly said by someone drunk and frustrated, but he was trying to look at things from other's perspectives now.

It didn't really help, but he was trying to be charitable at least until he got the hang of it.

It looked like it would take some prying to get the youth's thoughts out in the open again.

"Why, though? Uh... Do ya have yer own grievances too, Mr. Anderson?"

Made a lot of sense, in retrospective. Lars Anderson dealt with a lot of shit for a long longer than most.

QnfBSL7L
HEAT POINTS: 915

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
inquiry [sauna]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2021 20:07:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“That’s why the Lycanrocs attacked you,” he hummed idly, taking another sip from the bottle and placing it somewhere behind his head once he was done.

“Say something wrong and they descend on you like hungry fucking Mandibuzz,” he added with a dark chuckle.

After letting the silence sit for a bit, he continued.

“Sometimes keeping it all in is a bad idea, especially if left to fester,” he went on with a sigh. “I used to—who am I kidding, I still do it, just not as often as I used to,” he continued with a bark of laughter that lasted for a few seconds.

And then, the question of the hour.

“First off—it’s Lars,” he supplied. Much tempted as he was to grab his vape, it was risky especially in the hot springs bath water, so—

“Also, if I’m being direct about it? Yes. Yes, I do. We only ever got half of them out at the meeting we had at Kyle and Noah’s place.”

nu3bHBPy
remaining: 907

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
inquiry [sauna]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 0:20:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Inquiry

"Checks out." He agreed with a snort, leaning his head back against the wooden walls and sighing.

He was beginning to get the impression was speaking from experience, something Lars confirmed himself mere moments later after giving the youth some advice.

"Well Lars, that makes two of us." The youth said with a sigh, reaching up to rub at his temples, before rolling his eyes. "There ain't no point in complaining to each other though, right? We can't really do anythin' 'bout it."

Well, Doug couldn't, at any rate.

Lars probably had a lot more influence to wield, Head Ranger that he was; at least were the rangers were concerned. Doug's control was limited to a less than 100 soldiers under his command.

c4cf2KrT
HEAT POINTS: 874

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights