part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 2:31:27 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]shopping for supplies brings her to the streets of lilycove, expecting to get in and get out with little hassle. only, circumstances pile up until he's stepping into her view and she's sliding to a stop.

huh, you'd think in her line of work she'd be more comfortable with seeing a ghost...

she draws up to him with little hesitation, steps quick and purposeful. his back is to her, as if he doesn't expect anyone to approach. and perhaps that's why she pinches his elbow between her fingers and tugs. if it hurts him, she doesn't bother to consider it. instead, she's fixing him with a serious stare, all fire and disbelief.

"lance?" comes out, then, and she's really wondering if she's simply losing her marbles by this point. didn't she see the reports? didn't she glance over the autopsy? and then, in a hissed snarl, "what the fuck?"

[newclass=.drea] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea b] color: #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea i] text-decoration: underline dotted #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 8:35:34 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
is he a ghost, really? last he checked, he's alive and relatively well. but then again, one's definition of 'well' varies.

he's well enough, let's say.

the pinch hurts only because it's unexpected. he stops, turning to meet her stare.

"what the fuck yourself?"

despite his words, there's a playful grin on his face as he brings his elbow to his chest, rubbing it gently with his hand to nurse it better.

"you stalking me, oddmund?"
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
she's the giggle at a funeral
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 0:22:01 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]even if he didn't just what the fuck her right back, her features still would have twisted into their signature scowl.

"again," comes in a huff, arms crossing over her chest. a small bag at her wrist sways with the movement. "what. the. fuck?" did "dying" or whatever the hell actually happened make him hard of hearing or just stupid?

cue the eye roll, a single blue eye almost piercing when it returns to his figure. almost tiredly, she begins to scan his body. head to toe, toe to head. it's analytical, cloaked in indifference.

"you're seriously worried about stalking? really?" she flashes teeth, openly aggressive. and then, her voice is dropping to a hushed tone, her body shifting closer. "what happened? i read the report, you know."

[newclass=.drea] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.drea i] text-decoration: underline dotted #F2867A; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 9:52:31 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
as she busies herself with scanning his body, he reaches out for her shoulder if only to lead them a bit off to the side just so they aren't obnoxiously blocking people.

"i'm not worried, no. i was teasing you."

when her voice drops, his does, too.

"i died."

with his answer comes a wink. and then he gestures over his shoulder.

"i'll tell you over coffee if you want."
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 19:37:08 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]his touch guides her, albeit paired with a warning dart of her eyes, out of the way of people and closer to the stores next to them. people continue to pass and her head tilts mildly to one side.

"right," she mutters. "teasing." there's a snark to her tone, as if he's forgotten how handy she can be with a scalpel. whatever possible homicide she's considering dies out when his voice lowers, when he ushers out what the reports had confirmed.

and then he's offering up coffee, reminiscent of their first meeting, and she's finding it hard to say no. blame it on curiosity, science, and not the strange relief of seeing him in one piece.

"fine," she relents and steps toward the direction he gestures, not bothering to wait for him. she does, however, call over her shoulder with something that could possibly be called a smile. "you're buying, though."

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 13:14:11 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"of course."

without any hesitation, he follows after her, falling close to her side soon enough.

the short walk to the cafe allows them a brief moment to talk, and so he takes it in stride, tilting his head over to peer at her as they walk.

"you look well, oddmund. how's life?"
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 16:34:18 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]close proximity allows her to glance at him here and there. what she's searching for, however, she doesn't quite know. an inkling into what happened, maybe? scars, wounds, anything to prove he had been in death's clutches as the report said. and beneath the surface, something irritates her, burrowing beneath her skin and festering.

his mere presence beside her uproots majority of her beliefs in life and death.

she meets his gaze briefly, flashing her version of a small smile. it looks awkward, out of place on her features. as if her facial structure isn't made for smiling, isn't made for pleasantries.

"it's the same," she retorts. is that amusement laced between her syllables? she can't tell, doesn't even bother to. "how's life for you?" it's hesitant, almost because is it really life or something in between? uncertainty makes her squirm. she despises it.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 18:27:30 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
there is nothing for her to garner, really, as he looks perfectly fine on the outside apart from a few blemishes that she's most likely noticed before.

some are new, however, but none are prominent enough. it's what's underneath his clothes that'll tell a different story, but it's not like she'll have a chance to see them.

at least not yet.

her question is ignored for a moment as he notices, appreciating.

"you have a cute smile."

and then, the answer comes.

"it's good. i got promoted to captain recently, which was nice."

overdue, if he's being honest.
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 19:12:22 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]oh. the comment catches her off guard, slipping past any defenses she has and weaseling beneath her skin. it brings a soft pink to her cheeks, half hidden on one side beneath the straps of an eye patch. distracting her enough for to fumble over words, her throat clearing awkwardly in an attempt to brush off any lingering fluster.

she leaves the compliment alone, instead plucking apart his answer.

"congratulations," she murmurs. "are you busier now with the new title?" good, pleasantries are good. idle chit-chat feels normal, natural, as if they're merely catching up after a week or two of not crossing paths. it's been longer, she knows, but it's nice to talk to someone that's living and not hidden beneath a white sheet.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 20:42:25 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"a little, but i still find time to get around somehow."

life can't all be about work even if it's one of the easiest and most available distractions out there, especially for someone in his line of work. he could spend hours in nature and clock that in as a job well done.

soon, they arrive at a small cafe, comfortable and quiet.

"same order as last time?"

it'll be much better coffee than last time, that's for sure.
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 2:15:13 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]"good," she murmurs. there's a small quirk to her lips, as if she's almost happy for him. realistically, she is, but there's mild worry knowing what work includes for him. the field is a vastly different place than her morgue. where he sees the action, she sees the aftermath. "don't overwork yourself."

the cafe is cute, comfortable, quaint. there's a cozy atmosphere to it, one that alleviates some tension in her shoulders.

"you remember?" she turns a curious eye to him, fighting the urge to smile. "that was a long time ago, you know." maybe she's changed? no, she hasn't. she's still the same caffeine addict and you'll have to take that same coffee order from her cold, dead hands.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 11:17:43 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"i remember."

it's said with such nonchalance that it's a given fact that he'd remember. lance has always been good with remembering small details like that. it's paid off before, and it sure does now.

responding to her comment with nothing but a smirk, he turns away to order them their drinks, and soon, two cups of coffee make their way over to them.

"so. you wanna know what happened?"
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 0:29:43 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]it's something so small, so unimportant in the grand scheme of life. and yet, it elicits a soft choking noise from the back of her throat. surprise settles for a fleeting moment and then it's gone, swallowed up by cozy lights and ambient chatter. she doesn't bother touching on it, doesn't bother releasing the urge to ask why that sits so heavy on the tip of her tongue. instead, she allows the hint of a smile to ghost her lips.

"i do," she murmurs, lifting her coffee to her lips. she doesn't sip yet, instead scrutinizing him over the brim. analyzing for hints, micro-expressions that she's barely trained to recognize. and perhaps, she's mostly just waiting for a proper answer. somehow, some way, she almost trusts him to not breathe out a lie.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 14:11:47 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
he doesn't mind the way she scrutinizes him. if anything, it's expected, and doing anything but would've been odd given the situation.

and so, after a sigh, he begins.

"i don't think i know much more than you, if i'm being honest. during the war, i was hit by something called a pheromosa. it just came out of nowhere, caught me off guard."

he sips.

"and that's about it, really."
close tab

played by

nikki

dre
she/her
december 4th
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
medical examiner
cadet
death is such
a flirt.
11 height
11 height
awards
101 posts
drea oddmund DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @drea
drea oddmund
jump [s]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 1:13:58 GMT
drea oddmund Avatar
[attr="class","drea"]
[attr="class","drea b"]
[attr="class","drea i"]she understands, kind of. well, what led up to his death, anyway. there's still pieces missing, ones she needs to lay out a crime board in her mind. red strings connect the tidbits of information he feeds her but they're jumbled, out of place and not quite connected. at the top sits alive? in her messy handwriting, circled three times for emphasis.

"do you know how you came back?" she questions softly, voice barely above a whisper. there's a tentative vibration to it, as if she doesn't quite want to push him, as if she's afraid of the consequences if she does.

her fingers thrum gently against the counter, one hand still loosely wrapped around her coffee cup. and after a moment of silence, of guilt slowly beginning to rise, she considers before sighing softly. "you don't have to answer that if you don't want to."