celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
fever
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 2:49:41 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"no way."

he's the last person she expects. an old mission partner, left to become nothing more than a memory. sure, he saved her life and all, but she never planned on running into him again. especially not here, in one of the seediest bars of mauville.

"do," she pauses upon settling into the seat next to him, blinking for a moment as if gathering her thoughts. she doesn't bother to finish the question she was going to blurt out, instead letting it fester in her mind. do you remember me? the question is one she doesn't want to breathe life into, as if it reeks of desperation and a need for attention. she recovers, just barely, to smile and usher out a different one. "do you come here often?"

nice, good save.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
fever
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2021 8:38:17 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
is this one of the seediest bars of mauville? huh. he never noticed. it sure is odd how comfortable he feels inside it.

"here? nah, but i just might now."

he turns, flashing her a grin as he leans his body against the counter.

"you?"
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
fever
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 0:28:16 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"why?"

gia, curiosity killed the cat remember?

her brain hisses to stop, to take it at face value, to smile and bat her pretty eyes. she does the last part, at least... that's a plus, right? of course, it's easy when he flashes a grin and leans into the counter but that's neither here nor there.

"i'm somewhat of a regular here," she offers. it's a convenient location, nestled between a 24 hour diner and a corner store just down the street from her apartment. besides, it's easier to stumble home from here than from across town. unfortunately, she had to learn that lesson the hard way.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
fever
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 9:53:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
why?

he leaves it unanswered as he reaches for his drink, sipping at cool liquor that burns as it goes down.

it's then that he leans forward slightly; eyes narrowing in brief recognition.

"we've met before, haven't we?"
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
fever
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2021 19:45:46 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]the question hangs for a moment and then falls, dissipating between distant chatter surrounding them in the confines of the bar. it's loud enough to distract her from the lack of an answer, loud enough to distract her when he leans forward.

the hand around her drink tightens slightly, sinews and bones flexing for a moment and then settling back into neutral territory.

ah, there it is. she flashes a small smile in the face of recognition and leans some of her weight against a wooden counter.

"yes," she holds her tongue, then, as if she expects him to fill the holes of his memory in front of her. and yet, she doesn't wait for their last encounter to rise in his mind. she supplies it with the finishing of her drink and the clinking of empty glass returning to hard surface. "in the woods. i'm surprised you recognized me." flattered is more like it but oh well, he doesn't need to know that.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
fever
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 13:16:07 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"how could i forget? we went through hell together."

and lived to tell the story. it was an impressive feat birthed out of luck if he's being honest because neither of them had been prepared for it.

still, here they are, drinking, chatting, flirting.

"i'm glad to see you again."
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
fever
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 16:41:55 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"that we did," she muses. sometimes, she almost wants to laugh about it because really, that actually happened? her body remembers it almost too well, the evidence of their hellish feat forever etched into her skin. the scars don't bother her much anymore but sometimes, when the light hits them just right, they bring back the sense of terror she felt. the sense of knocking on death's door that makes her skin crawl.

her hand signals for another drink and the bartender flashes a smile, retreating with her empty glass to return with another in a few moments.

he catches her off guard with that. it's always amusing how little words, strung up in a certain way, can reduce her to girlish ways. the tips of her ears flush a faint pink at the thought. glad to see her. what are the odds?

"are you?" she raises an eyebrow, as if she doesn't quite believe him, as if she won't let herself. it's covered with flirtation, with the drop of a gaze over his body and then back, lips curling. "why's that?"

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
fever
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 18:37:57 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"believe it or not, giada, but i enjoyed your company."

for as long as he experienced it, of course, since he never bothered to look her up after. blame it on work, on life, or on death.

the way flirtation coats her words and movements doesn't go unnoticed. if anything, he only mirrors them, chucking as he says:

"getting whipped stung like a bitch, though."
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
fever
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 19:20:55 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]"really?" comes in a soft breath, as if she's unsure. realistically, it's uncommon for her to hear that someone actually enjoyed spending time with her. it's always hazy, anyway. alcohol induced hangouts ending the same way by the time night falls. and maybe she does believe him or maybe she doesn't. either way, she fixes him with a lazy smirk, her drink coming a moment later. "even after getting the shit knocked outta you?"

her hand draws the drink in close. a lifeline, a tether, an anchor. enough to keep her here, enough to keep her from getting too wrapped up in what could lie between the lines.

ah, but then he mirrors and she's upping the ante by shifting in her seat. the upper half of her body leans closer, drifting halfway between her bubble and his.

"oh, so you're not into getting whipped, then?"

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
fever
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 20:45:29 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
her words are met with a chuckle, genuine and carefree as he mirrors her smirk.

"think i faired a little better than you did."

he definitely did. he was out and about the next day while she was strapped to a hospital bed, forced to recover.

"i never said that."

she soon edges closer into his bubble; not that he minds, of course. if anything, he's inviting her in.

"why? you wanna do it again?"
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
fever
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 2:24:18 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]her smile turns sheepish, a hand rising to twirl the end of a twin tail self-consciously. he has a point, really. she was a disaster during that entire thing. her body still aches sometimes, when cold comes and the winter air irritates her healed bones.

"true, that sucked." the pain, the hospital bed, the recovery. god, and the dent in her wallet from repairing her suit was terrible. she sips on the memory for a moment longer, allowing alcohol to burn it into her throat.

he bites at the bait she laid out. hook, line, and sinker. she can't exactly tell which one of them is reeling in the line, however. is it her or him?

"perhaps," she offers, light and airy. "is that your way of asking for it?" somehow, she didn't quite consider him the type. you know, given how he reacted the last time.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
fever
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2021 11:18:07 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
it doesn't really matter who's reeling in the line, not when the end result is the same.

at her question, he only smirks, shrugging a shoulder as he responds:

"could be fun."

and then, a gesture to the bartender for another drink.

"been in any more trouble since we last met?"
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
fever
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2021 0:33:58 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]she flashes her teeth at him, too amused to lace any intention into it. besides, her tone, alone, seems to convey enough for her body to sit this round out.

"wouldn't you like to know."

while he gestures for another, she nurses her own. it burns enough to keep her present, even if the alcohol is slowly melting her brain into fuzzy mush.

"always," she almost snorts. her, keeping out of trouble? she'd have to be six feet under for that to ever be the case. "what do you take me for, hm?" anything besides a nuisance or a bandit would simply be beneath her.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,426 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
fever
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2021 10:02:21 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"nothing too serious, i hope."

his fresh drink is placed by him, though he doesn't reach for it quite yet. his eyes stay fixed on her, observing.

"i'd have to step in otherwise."
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
707 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
fever
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 1:18:16 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i"]her body stiffens slightly beneath his scrutiny, as if his eyes are peeling back layers and looking at what's laying beneath. it unnerves her.

whatever remains in her drink is quickly finished in an attempt to ground, to deflect, to stay afloat.

"step in?" she plays pretend without fully intending to, shifting in her seat. the playful mask slips back on, a fracture heavy on her cheek when it settles into place. "how're you going to do that, hm?"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights