655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 15:56:58 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
They probably can’t remain professional, but for her own sake, Lia will try, because this matters too much to her to let something like what happened in Lavaridge get in the way. Regardless of how nice things may have been back then.

It’s easier to do if she just sets her attention to the task at hand, and in a way, she enjoys it, because it’s like a puzzle to solve – a matter of strategy and problem-solving skills.

”You want me to move it?”

Doubtful, considering how heavy Sandacondas can be. Around 65 kilos on average, but Lia is no pokémon expert, so she doesn’t know this. Instead, she simply confirms it when walking over to the pokémon’s side and trying to gently push it with her foot.

Yeah. Way too heavy for that.

Thankfully, the Bounsweet and the delightful aroma in the air keep it calm and distracted for now.

”Hmm… Give me a moment.”

Could she have her Decidueye carry it to the other side, maybe?

While she thinks on this, the Comfey flies over to calmly rest atop of her head as if a flower crown, and Lia pays it no mind – as if she's used to that.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 17:33:30 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
you want me to move it?

to her question, he says nothing and simply looks over at her as though there's not even a need for an answer. thankfully, she takes the hint, and he watches her prod and investigate as she attempts to come up with a solution.

a solution that should've been straightforward.

but as he's about to open his mouth to criticize her, the sight of her comfey floating down to rest atop her head is too adorable and distracting. he bites his tongue, exhaling after as he steels himself.

"take your time."

despite his words, she's on a timer. the sandaconda isn't going to stay soothed forever.
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 18:26:25 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
It is adorable and who could blame Lance for being distracted?

When he tells her to take her time, she looks at him, eyes as if of gold meeting his. She smiles, oh so softly, and as she tucks a strand of hair behind an ear, the Comfy remains atop of her head with its colourful flowers.

”You okay, captain?”

Captain.

Her attention turns back to the Sandaconda then, taking a step back and reaching for a third pokéball in order to call out her Decidueye. The large bird extends his wings the moment he appears, taking a look at his surroundings before his gaze sets on Lia.

”Junie, do you mind taking this Sandaconda over there?”

Despite the strange request, the Decidueye doesn’t question her, but it does seem to give Lance a quick judgemental look before reaching over to gently grab onto the Sandaconda’s tail with its strong talons, pulling it up.

”Oh. Sweet, can you go with them and keep an eye on your new friend?”

She smiles at the Bounsweet, and it smiles right back at her, happily skipping along after the Decidueye.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 18:56:55 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
captain.

lance isn't caught off guard often, and yet, here he is: being caught off guard twice in the span of a single morning. his cheek even flushes a little as he chuckles, holding his gaze and standing his ground.

"just peachy."

his attention falls back to the decidueye as he watches it relocate his sandaconda all the way to the other side of the field. sandaconda's going to have a hell of a time slithering on back, that's for sure.

shrugging, he turns to face lia.

"took you a while. don't you have a physically strong pokemon like a machamp?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 19:16:36 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
’Just peachy.’

What kind of answer is that?

She chuckles too, and it could be her imagination, but she could almost swear he’s blushing – if only just a little. Why is that so cute? Why is he so cute? It’s not fair, honestly.

But that moment is gone as quickly as it happens, and her attention all too quickly returns to the pokémon. The Decidueye does its job just fine, but apparently Lance doesn’t seem too satisfied. So, she looks up at him one more time just as her pokémon come back to her side.

”No, I don’t. Are you saying I should?”

Machamp don’t really suit the way she does things, and she could never imagine herself training one of those…

”Hmm… I do have a Larvitar I should probably train and evolve at some point, but he’s really cute as he is.”

She shrugs, as if this is a valid and obvious argument to make.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2021 19:54:28 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"you should. it's important to have a diverse team."

the reasons should be clear enough so he doesn't bother explaining why. he's sure she could figure it out on her own.

but he's really cute as is.

lance blinks.

seriously?

she doesn't want to evolve her larvitar because he's really cute? one: cute. two: not a valid argument. he sighs.

"tyranitar are strong but they have really short arms and are generally quite immobile."

he stops himself from doing tyranitar arms.

"again, you need something strong that's still able to freely move around. like a machamp."

not sure why he's advocating so much for a machamp when he doesn't even have one. maybe it's just the first and only pokemon that comes to his mind.
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 2:25:13 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
”Hmm...I guess that’s true, I don’t really have a lot of pokémon right now.”

She never really had a need to have a lot of pokémon until now, but it doesn’t take much thinking about it for Lance’s words to make sense. It’s something she’s heard a few times before, after all. Lia is not completely clueless when it comes to things like those.

Still, why is he so obsessed with Machamp?

Looking at him, she meets his gaze, narrowing bright gold eyes for a moment. Then, she smiles, an eyebrow being raised.

”Do you have a Machamp, captain?”

If he doesn’t have one, it’s a bit hypocritical to tell her to get one, isn't it?

Atop of her head, the Comfey yawns, gently shuffling its flowers before going back to resting.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 7:20:18 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
one of the main reasons as to why lance catches as many pokemon as he can is to diversify, which allows him to be better prepared for situations. imagine specializing in grass-types only to have to respond to a wildfire.

captain.

make that three.

"i don't."

he shrugs.

"but i have other pokemon that fit the role a machamp would play."
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 7:47:14 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
So, he doesn’t have a Machamp.

Lia does nothing more than look at him, the smile remaining and the eyebrow still raised. Her gaze never leaves his, allowing silence to rest between them for a few seconds as if letting dust settle on the fact that he’s definitely being a bit of a hypocrite.

”So… You don’t have a Machamp but you insist that I should capture one, huh?”

And at that moment, she can’t help herself, laughing as soon as these words are spoken. It’s a light and melodic sound, and it comes with the ever so slight reddening of her cheeks because she knows she probably shouldn’t be laughing at her captain. And, honestly, she wouldn’t have if it weren’t for those moments shared before this.

”Sorry, it just seems a bit hypocritical. I’ll try to catch some stronger pokémon, promise.

The sound of laughter lingers over these words, the smile that follows being bright and honest even if she’s definitely calling him out here...

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 8:23:16 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"...yes."

no, she shouldn't be laughing at her captain, but she's not entirely at fault here. he shares some of the blame, even more so when he doesn't bother with correcting her.

with a sigh, he recalls his sandaconda back into their pokeball.

"you better."

too playful, really, and he really does try his best to ask the next question with a straight face.

"how's your fitness?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 12:35:58 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
Can Lia really be blamed for reacting the way that she did? Lance definitely has most of the blame here, and the same thing could be said about his next question…

‘How’s your fitness?’

She has barely even stopped laughing by the time it comes; a pokéball in her hands after having just called back her Decidueye, but pausing when in the middle of putting it away. She looks at him, the obvious answer resting at the tip of her tongue, but even Lia isn’t shameless enough to just casually say embarrassing things like those – especially to a man she barely knows and who is now her boss.

Those pink hues on her cheeks deepen, and even though she doesn’t look away from him, there is a slight pout as the question lingers between them. Lia has never been good at pretending, nor at hiding her feelings.

”...Lance…”

Not ‘captain’. Not at that very second, at least.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 13:40:42 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
is she blushing? as cute as it is, surely it wasn't because of his innocent question. all he wanted to know was if she'd be able to keep up with the other rangers, but it's clear to him that she interpreted it differently.

so, he takes a step closer; perhaps too close for comfort given their situation.

his smirk only grows as his voice drops to a whisper.

"lia."
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 14:07:13 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
Of course it was because of his question.

Would anyone really believe it if told that Lance didn’t know what he was doing when he said it? Lia wouldn’t, at least. The way she sees it, it definitely looks like he’s doing it all on purpose.

Especially when he’s suddenly so close…

Especially when his voice drops to a whisper…

’Lia.’

Can she blush more than what she already is? It’s only after he whispers her name that she looks away from him, a hand gently slapping his chest but not pushing him away.

Laaance. Stop it.”

The pout remains.

So much for keeping it professional.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,427 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 15:10:50 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
it's almost too easy, really, but he's not complaining.

for the briefest of moments, he mirrors her pout as his voice stays level in a whisper; nothing more, nothing less.

"we have about thirty minutes until the others get here."

once again, he smirks.

"plenty time to warm up, don't you think?"
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
didya think
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2021 15:42:18 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
That’s all it takes for him to change his tune?

In the back of her mind, there’s the thought of how he is her captain, and of how he really shouldn’t be this close to her or whispering like that. In the forefront, though? In the forefront there’s the memories of that one day at the hot springs, and the thought of how he’s still too handsome for her to pretend she’s not aware of that, or of what he’s doing.

What can she even say to that?

He’s probably just teasing her, right?

Not without first taking a deep breath, she looks at him, meeting his gaze. And, since there’s suspicion, she asks a simple question, her cheeks still flushed and still pouting just a little:

”...Warm up how?”

This is definitely not what Lia had imagined becoming a ranger would be like.