avocado andrew

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
avocado andrew
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 6:19:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It was lunch time, and there wasn’t much that caught Eliz’s eye when scrolling through the nearby dine-in’s. Though he had plenty of time, there was much to do in the span of an hour and for one whose mind is constantly wrought with worry of ill-managed time, one hour might as well have been one minute.

So the deduction was simple, a habit formed out of the countless times it had been repeated. Walk down the street to the nearest pokemart, buy a premade meal and a drink, then head back to the office.

It was to be a simple exchange- one without much thought put into it- but life always has other plans.

A stalemate of sorts had formed, the man’s mind split between two favorites that never seemed to be stocked at the same time. Would he choose the torchic wrap, or would he go for the grilled miltank burger.

Decisions decisions.

Though it was truly demanding, Eliz had finally settled after a minute or two- the voice of his doctor ringing through his mind. “-you need more veggies in your diet, Liz-” Spoken in a soft and echoing tone.

The torchic wrap would have to do, the mix of carrots, lettuce, and avocado accented by the trimming of chicken deemed just healthy enough to pass for him.

The only thing left was for him to grab a drink, another task he would have to overcome just as timely if he had hoped to enjoy his lunch without issue. But alas, issues would not be so generous as to mind him as he did them.

A glimpse of a woman had caught his eyes in passing, a young lady standing near with features he had known all too well- the early signs of a panic attack.

/ I hope she’s alright. /

Is all that’s offered in silence, picking a tall bottle or water with ease from the wall lined with drinks. And as he turns to walk away, a negging tells him to stay, the man sighing as he opened the fridge door once more, pretending to look at the selection of drinks while keeping an eye on the woman previously mentioned.

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
avocado andrew
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2021 19:19:47 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

The worst part about convenience stores was, naturally, their convenience. It meant that when someone decided to forego them on account of their atrocious working conditions and the like, that meant forsaking a lot of convenience as well. Which was doubly bad when one needed supplies that could not be found anywhere else in town. Compounded by the Silph Co taking over whole markets in said towns, that was becoming more and more prevalent over time. When she’d been a child, there had been a lot of smaller, more specialized stores. These days it was usually concentrated in both big and small Pokemarts and the like that basically carried everything an ordinary person would need to live.
[break][break]
But that only made it so much harder to go through life without them. Usually, the skirted and shirted young woman managed, be it through actually monetarily supporting those smaller shops where she could find them, cooking her own food or going to restaurants. But there were toiletries that were hard to acquire outside of specialized stores or, well, Pokemarts. So sometimes, sadly, she did find herself visiting those after all.
[break][break]
And it was often….difficult. Granted, she was not completely helpless. However, this store in particular suffered from something that she had experienced herself: the corporately demanded, nonsensical reshuffling that so often made life harder for retail workers and and customers’ lives harder. It got people browsing, for they were looking for things that they knew the store carried. But for someone that really did not want to spend any more time than necessary in here than necessary, it was increasingly harsh.
Especially since she just could not find the darn things. Somewhat frantically, she started looking for them harder – until eventually when flipping through shelves, she somehow toppled over a stack of toilet paper near some other customer with a yelp, just looking back and forth in the aftermath, as if not knowing what to do.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
avocado andrew
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 0:32:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It wasn’t long until the inevitable happened- though the outcome envisioned differed from what had played out. Down went the tp and she stood there, like a deer in headlights- Eliz cringing internally as the bite of the freezer nipped at him gently, the man soon closing the door as he backed away from the drinks displayed.

There was a second of consideration as he pushed forward.

/ I should just pretend I didn’t see anything. /

He thinks, eyeing the girl with a passing glance as the rolls of packaged paper rolled passed, Eliz setting his items onto the counter as if to pay for them.

/ It’s not my problem after all. And butting in will only make it more embarrassing. /

But these were only thoughts, his actions proved far less selfish as he calmly crouched down, stuffing scattered tp rolls under his arm, moving towards the area the now toppled structure lies in ruins.

A stoic face greets Megan- stone cold and uncaring- as Eliz looks down at the girl, a slight sense of annoyance easily thought upon view.

You good?” He offers in a light tone- beginning to set the once scattered toilet paper back into place, stacking them in a rather sloppy manner.

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
avocado andrew
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 15:38:05 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Oh, right. Cleaning up. She should do that, too. Seeing the stranger start picking up the rolls had her swiftly follow suit, as if she needed someone to simply go and show her the way like this. Obviously, she wasn’t always like this. In fact, she had picked up more disarrayed rolls of toilet paper than most people would in their whole lives already. But that was just it – doing so did remind her of things she just didn’t want anything to do with anymore. But back then, she’d always done it by herself. Having someone else around like this was already enough to disassociate herself from that particular feeling and breathe in a bit more, go a little more steady in that regard.
[break][break]
The fact that his face looked like it was taken for granite didn’t bother her much though. Actions speaking louder than words or facial expressions or something like that. Plus, a smile or something like that would have just creeped her out, so this was a lot better by default. This way, his question had a bit more weight, too, and didn’t sound like something people just said like that. “I am…not okay, no.” It kind of seemed pointless to lie about this if she couldn’t hide her distress, after all. “I’m just not good with places like these anymore is all. It will be…okay, I think.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
avocado andrew
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2022 5:40:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Busied hands soon move to rest- a by-the-books toilet paper wall made to near perfection, Eliz careful to tightly pack one roll into another as to avoid another situation such as this occurring.

He keeps his silence, forgoing a smart remark to spare any unneeded stress from a stranger no less. She didn’t need any words of wisdom or pitiable remarks- in fact, he wasn’t sure what she needed. The only conclusion he could come to was to make a simple gesture.

And coming to a stand, his gesture was put into action, reaching a hand down to her.

What did you come in for?

He asked simply, the inquiry seeming to lead into assistance.

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
avocado andrew
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 16:46:18 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Well, he didn’t pry…much. Though his question seemed more utilitarian in nature, which was good. This wasn’t exactly the kind of environment where she could go on talking and chatting and bonding with strangers. Heck no. She was here to…. Right, she needed stuff. “Uh, I need some toiletries, shampoo, toothpaste, that sort of stuff for someone that travels a lot. They have to have it somewhere here, it’s trainer supplying 101. But where did they put the damn things?”
[break][break]
Obviously, she spent her time looking to and from, but she was searching way too frantically still to find just about anything, drawing a blank. “you’ve seen any of those?”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes