twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
dingga
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2021 9:48:34 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]this hadn't been the plan.

had danny been someone more experienced, then maybe he would've realized that carrying the stolen pikachu himself wouldn't be the best of ideas, but that was exactly what he did.

served him right.

"please! stop!"

the electric-type continued to run away from him, and naturally, he chased after it.

[attr="class","noodles"] // [x]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
dingga
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2021 16:15:44 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Pikachu aren’t particularly common pokémon to just find when wandering around in the woods, and that’s something Lia learned recently when trying to familiarize herself with what sort of pokémon actually live in this or that area of Hoenn. You know… The sort of thing a ranger should know.
[break][break]
So, naturally, her first thought when seeing a pikachu running towards her is that it’s probably someone’s pokémon, and that thought seems to almost confirm itself when some guy comes yelling after it.
[break][break]
Although… Not really… He could be mean to the poor little Electric type or something. Otherwise, why would it run away?
[break][break]
Either way, she decides to intervene, because that’s the sort of thing a ranger would do, right?
[break][break]
”Lei, do you mind?”
[break][break]
The Comfey that had been comfortably wrapped around her forearm uncoils itself, shaking the flowers it holds to release a delightful SWEET SCENT. It’s bound to lure the pokémon it reaches, the Comfey’s own fragrance adding soothing notes to it.
[break][break]

[attr="class","rigidtag"]

[attr="class","rigidpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
dingga
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2021 7:37:04 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]the smell of a delightful SWEET SCENT stops both of them. he slows to a halt, sniffing as he looks around in an attempt to find the source of it.

"oh! hello there," he says to the comfey, smiling despite the tenseness of the situation.

thankfully, pikachu stops running as well.

[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
dingga
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 16:36:43 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

The Comfey regards Danny with no more than a stare, soon choosing to return to Lia’s side. This time, instead of wrapping itself around her forearm, it lies atop of her head as if a perfect flower crown. If she minds it, she doesn’t show it, and a warm smile is given to the stranger.
[break][break]
”Hey! You okay?”
[break][break]
Her attention falls on the Pikachu then, kneeling down to be closer to eye level before reaching into her pocket in order to offer it a treat.
[break][break]
”Is this your Pikachu, by the way? It’s really cute.”
[break][break]
Of course it is. Aren’t Pikachu always cute?
[break][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
dingga
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2021 16:18:41 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"okay? yep! i'm really okay."

play it cool, danny.

"yep! that's definitely my pikachu! isn't he a cutie?"

it's not a he, but he's hoping she doesn't notice.

"are you out here for a walk?"

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
dingga
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 7:27:31 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Is sus?
[break][break]
Yes, definitely, Lia doesn’t need to be a veteran ranger to think as much. But, then again, there are multiple reasons why someone could act oddly when talking to a stranger, right? Like… maybe he’s shy or something!
[break][break]
For now, she chooses to give him the benefit of the doubt, even if the fact that he seems to misgender his own pokémon only increases the odd factor.
[break][break]
”Oh... Isn’t it a girl?”
[break][break]
When asking this, she looks up at him, pointing to the Pikachu’s tail as if it were rather obvious…
[break][break]
Because it is obvious.
[break][break]
After all, most people know that male Pikachus have pointed tails, while the end of a female Pikachu’s tail is heart-shaped – just like this one’s is.
[break][break]
With a slight smile, her attention returns to the small Mouse Pokémon, setting the treat on the ground so it can safely take it.
[break][break]
”Guess you could say that. I’m a Ranger, actually.” She chuckles, still finding it rather odd to say these words. ”What about you? What brings you to the woods?”
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
dingga
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2021 10:44:25 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]danny is definitely sus because it's not like he's a shy person in general. he's actually quite extroverted and well-spoken! it's one of the reasons why he did so well studying marketing.

it's a shame he didn't study crime.

"is it? oh! i guess it is. or she is."

the chuckle he gives is awkward.

the pikachu steps forward to pick up the treat, sniffing it but not eating it just yet.

"i'm just out for a nice walk. anyways, which way are you headed?"

so he could head the opposite direction.

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
dingga
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 5:55:51 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Sus. Definitely sus. What kind of person doesn’t know the gender of their own pokémon?
[break][break]
Gold-coloured eyes go from the Pikachu to the stranger, and it’s then that she stands.
[break][break]
”Just patrolling the forest, so no particular way.”
[break][break]
Not really true, since she’s not even wearing her uniform, but she can’t just go and tell him she thinks he’s acting suspicious, can she?
[break][break]
What she does instead is brush a hand against her pants, then offering it for him to shake when introducing herself:
[break][break]
”I’m Lia, by the way.”
[break][break]
A sudden breeze blows away a small pile of leaves, her platinum hair swaying with the gentle wind, yet her gaze remains fixed on Danny.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
dingga
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 15:20:14 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]a ranger without her uniform...could he trust her?

probably not. but then again, he can't be trusted either.

his brain clicks off for a moment as he reaches his hand out to shake hers.

"danny. danny hall."

FUCK.

his rosy-skin flushes as he pulls his hand away.

"well! i best be going. see you around, miss ranger."

and with that, he picks up his pikachu and starts walking away.

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
dingga
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 3:54:21 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Danny Hall.
[break][break]
Best believe this is a name she will remember, because when it’s something that matters to her, Lia has the memory of a goddamn Copperajah.
[break][break]
What are his intentions? Why is he really out here? Is that really his Pikachu?
[break][break]
The hunt for the truth begins now, because yes, she won’t let him leave just like that.
[break][break]
”Wait! I’ll go with you, I wouldn’t want you to get lost.”
[break][break]
She smiles, as if her intentions are good and pure, but Lia has never been good at hiding her own emotions or acting at all, and there’s something sharp about her words.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
dingga
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 14:42:39 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"what? are you sure? you really don't have to!"

but he knows the more he tries to deny it, the more suspicious he'd look. so, it's with a sigh that he nods, accepting her company.

at least the pikachu in his arms doesn't seem to be acting weird. it even lets danny carry it, but who knows how long that'll last?

"i'll buy you one of those fancy pumpkin spice drinks when we get to town."

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
dingga
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 13:07:14 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Refusing her help would have definitely increased her suspicions, especially now that she’s all too aware that something is off about all of this. What exactly, though? Of that, she’s not sure. Not yet, at least.
[break][break]
”Oh, I love pumpkin spice lattes. That’d be great, though you really don’t have to... Doing this is no bother.”
[break][break]
She smiles, and her words are honest, because the whole situation just makes her hope her instincts are wrong and he doesn’t have bad intentions. He seems like a nice enough guy, after all.
[break][break]
”At least your Pikachu isn’t running away now. Did you catch her around here?”
[break][break]
Gold-coloured eyes watch the Mouse Pokémon, wondering.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
dingga
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 16:09:57 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]danny is a nice enough guy, thank you, he's just doing something incredibly shitty because of circumstances he put himself in.

"yep, i did. just down the road, really, which i think might be why she's trying to run back there."

he peers down at the electric-type in his arms.

"maybe she misses home? dunno."

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
dingga
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 5:00:14 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

’Maybe she misses home.’
[break][break]
Damn, he really is a good guy, huh? Now Lia feels kind of bad for assuming that maybe he had been trying to steal the Pikachu or something along those lines. If only she knew the truth…
[break][break]
”Bonds with most pokémon aren’t formed instantly, you know? Just give it time. If you’re good her, I bet she’ll start liking you soon enough.”
[break][break]
Her words come with a light and reassuring pat on the back, smiling brightly as they walk down the path.
[break][break]
Lia's Comfey, on the other hand, doesn't seem too sure of this stranger just yet, and it's soon enough that it makes its way down to wrap around her forearm instead of remaining atop of her head. As far away from Danny as possible while still staying close to its trainer.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
dingga
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 13:27:23 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"time, huh?"

he could certainly use more time to figure out just exactly what he's going to do. could he just walk all the way to town with her? he'd have to find a moment to dip in rustboro so he can go and deliver this rat. but what if it decides it's had enough? what if it makes a scene?

the safest thing to do would be to faint it, but he obviously can't do that with her here.

FUCK.

"so, uh, where are you going after this?"