awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
bring your aunt to work day [s]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2021 19:17:41 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica left her apartment with a cute duffle bag thrown over her shoulder as she descended the stairs quickly in her sneakers. In that bag was her outfits for the night, each one cuter and more revealing than the next, along with plenty of her own makeup and hairclips.

Time for work.

Her pink hair hung high in a ponytail on the top of her head as she made her way to the club she needed to be at tonight. It wasn't quite crowded with people yet, so she was able to make it toward the lower district rather quickly.

On her way to the club, Jessie was scrolling through her phone, occasionally looking up to make sure she didn't run into anyone. But at one of the instances she looked up, she saw someone familiar.

"Yrsa? Hey, homie! What are you doing out here?" she said cheerfully, waving her hand excitedly.

close tab

played by

myriascope

polaris
she / her
February 17
freezington, galar
undetermined
vigilante
civilian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
25 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yrsa
yrsa ástasdóttir
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 15:19:57 GMT
yrsa ástasdóttir Avatar
[attr="class","life"]
from a land wrapped in sin
I heard thousands of voices turned towards a land of fantasy
[attr="class","les"]
T
he lower districts of Slateport are often filled with a haunting sense of nostalgia - The grittiness of an underbelly and life that smoulders beneath the surface; It flickers like the fading heat within those cold winter nights.

She's caught lingering around the area, her attention hooked upon the neon lights and swept up by the bustling crowds. Her fingers clutch tighter to her cracked phone, then relax with a deep breath out. It isn't as if she calls anyone with that broken thing - She'd rather get her ass kicked than have to give any of her cousins a ring for help.

Well, she says cousins but some part of her feels as if they're more like strangers.

"Jess? I uh... was exploring?"

But before she can even start worrying about associating with those idiots, she has to process what she feels about the lady before her. Or rather, her supposed niece, if she has to be exact. How grateful she must be to that bastard of a father for creating such an awkward family situation!

Scuffing her heel against the ground, Yrsa tucks her phone away for now.

"What's with the get-up? Meeting someone?"
[attr="class","goodness"]
[attr="class","yrsatags"]✉
[attr="class","yrsatags"]✎ theme
[attr="class","yrsatags"]🗺 slateport
[attr="class","yrsatags"]buckle up...
by Mizo.❉ of ww
[googlefont=Homemade+Apple][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.goodness]width: 70px; height: 70px;margin-top: -223px; margin-left: -42px; transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);border:8px solid #222;[/newclass][newclass=.life:hover .goodness]border:8px solid #efefef; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%);transform: rotate(0deg); margin: 0px 0px 0px 30px; transition: 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.les::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color: #ffffff; border:1px solid #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.les::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width: 1px; background-color: #8d8d8d; border:1px solid #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.life]width: 560px;[/newclass][newclass=.yrsatags a]font:bold 6pt calibri;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
dancin' down on sunset strip
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 0:50:42 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
The "uh" she heard in the middle of the sentence wasn't very convincing. But, Jessica wouldn't poke and prod, because she hated it was her family did that to her.

Why do it to Yrsa? She was probably just living her best life.

"Well, I'd definitely say you found yourself in a really interesting part of the lower district." She looked around and then back to her phone.

Shit, she was going to be late soon.

"Oh, I was heading to work. I'm working at that club tonight," Jessie, pointing past her to one of the fancier clubs not yet open to the public.

"It's getting kinda dark. You wanna come with?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

polaris
she / her
February 17
freezington, galar
undetermined
vigilante
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
25 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yrsa
yrsa ástasdóttir
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2021 21:47:10 GMT
yrsa ástasdóttir Avatar
[attr="class","life"]
[attr="class","les"]
Y
ou want to come with? That means she's been invited to follow, right? Into a club? What about the bouncers that usually loiter around the entrance?

"But Jess, I ain't exactly... old enough." That isn't to say she thinks herself above breaking the rules - Arceus knows how many times she's been caught starting street fights around these parts - but she usually doesn't wish to implicate another whilst she commits crimes of varying severity. When she thinks about that old rotten tomato man seated behind his desk and the unbearable silence that permeates through the home, she's most definitely leaning towards the wilder aspects of Slateport, ready to kick back and hopefully not get caught by anytime soon.

"You sure?"
by Mizo.❉ of ww
[googlefont=Homemade+Apple][googlefont=Open+Sans][newclass=.goodness]width: 70px; height: 70px;margin-top: -223px; margin-left: -42px; transform: rotate(45deg);transition: 1s; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);border:8px solid #222;[/newclass][newclass=.life:hover .goodness]border:8px solid #efefef; filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%);transform: rotate(0deg); margin: 0px 0px 0px 30px; transition: 1s;[/newclass][newclass=.les::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color: #ffffff; border:1px solid #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.les::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width: 1px; background-color: #8d8d8d; border:1px solid #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.life]width: 560px;[/newclass][newclass=.yrsatags a]font:bold 6pt calibri;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2021 21:32:09 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessica laughed, shrugging. "So? Some of my gals have brought their children into the club and let them chill in the back. Sometimes you can't afford a sitter. That's just the facts."

She put her hands on her hips, tilting her head to the side. "It's not like I'm going to give you drugs and alcohol. I'm not that bad."

Waving her hand, Jessie started walking to the back of the club where she usually entered.

"Just stick with me. You won't have an issue one bit."

close tab

played by

myriascope

polaris
she / her
February 17
freezington, galar
undetermined
vigilante
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
25 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yrsa
yrsa ástasdóttir
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 16:40:30 GMT
yrsa ástasdóttir Avatar
[attr="class","life"]
[attr="class","les"]
"
Oh, that's actually pre'cool..." Musing to herself, Yrsa taps her fingers against her palms and wonders if she'd count as a kid herself. Regardless, she doesn't miss the chance to follow after Jessica, curiosity beckoning her attention be splayed as she takes in the new environment.

"So what exactly y'do for a living? I get the whole bar stuff and all but like... You're not like... a bartender or something, are you? Bet I'd be pre'good at that, sleight of hand and coordination and all."

by Mizo.❉ of ww
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 0:24:06 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie couldn't help the small laugh she gave. "I know, it's pretty cool. But I'm the coolest of the Blacks, aren't I?"

Of course, she didn't wait for an answer in case Yrsa said no.

She followed her, so Jessica took the back way in instead of the front. She entered, holding the heavy door open for Yrsa to go into before following her. She did her usual clocking in before waving at her to follow her.

"Not a bartender. I think that'd be a cool thing to do though. I have some friends that bar tend, and they're really good at what they do. No, I dance and stuff. Keep people entertained."

Jessie didn't mentioned that a lot of her stuff was not kid friendly. Maybe somewhere in the MULTIVERSE, there was a Jessie that did kid-friendly entertainment.

"Want something to eat or drink? I can order you something."

close tab

played by

myriascope

polaris
she / her
February 17
freezington, galar
undetermined
vigilante
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
25 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yrsa
yrsa ástasdóttir
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 0:24:19 GMT
yrsa ástasdóttir Avatar
[attr="class","life"]
[attr="class","les"]
"

Uh... sure."

She can neither confirm nor deny it, but she can most definitely say that Jessie's marginally cooler than the rest. Dancing and keeping people entertained though? Probably takes a few points off of her coolness, considering how much of this world Yrsa knows.

"Any juice or sweets?" Her stomach grumbles a little in protest, but that's nothing out of the ordinary for her. There's always been plenty to go around ever since she'd been sent over to Hoenn. "I can always get food on the way home."

by Mizo.❉ of ww
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 17:16:45 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Juice and sweets. That would probably be a rare order for the staff at the club, but Jessie could make it work. She offered a thumbs up.

"Give me like five minutes, and I can get that for you."

She disappeared to where the music was booming outside, the door muffling it behind her. She came back shortly with a tray, a pitcher of juice and a bowl of sweet treats balanced perfectly for Yrsa.

Setting it down, Jessie took a seat beside her, pulling out her makeup to get ready.

"What's been going on, Yrsa? Tell me the deets."

close tab

played by

myriascope

polaris
she / her
February 17
freezington, galar
undetermined
vigilante
civilian
0 height
0 height
awards
25 posts
part of
TAG WITH @yrsa
yrsa ástasdóttir
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 16:42:36 GMT
yrsa ástasdóttir Avatar
[attr="class","life"]
[attr="class","les"]
H
ow convenient things can be when you have someone you know... During the small gaps of time where the door stays open, Yrsa finds herself assaulted by the volume of the music but tries to remain cool. Then again, it isn't hard for her to do so.

When Jessica returns, she'll be greeted by the sight of three waddling cubs that are either exploring the room or standing upon the desk whilst attempting to communicate with their trainer. Of course, there are times where Yrsa has to pick them up to stop them from touching things they shouldn't but other than that, they're pretty well-behaved.

"O- oh... uhm, nothing much really. Just the usual learning about the place? I didn't really know about the markets around here."

Ever since she got sent over to Hoenn on the orders of child protective services, she's had a relatively... normal life? It's far more quiet than she's used to, not having to hide away when the moon rises and being able to explore the streets freely during the day. If there's anything of note, it's probably the illegal trafficking busting she's been doing?

But she'd be wiser not to speak about it.

Her cubs are on the bowl of sweets within seconds, slapping each others paws and growling at each other when they lose out.

"Break it up, you three... or all of you get none."
by Mizo.❉ of ww
close tab

played by

Red

Jessie, née Black
She/Her
April 9
Canalave City
bisexual
entertainer
executive
awards
617 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jessica
Jessica Manner
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2021 0:27:51 GMT
Jessica Manner Avatar
Jessie nodded. She had been like that not that long ago herself, when she was moved from Canalave to Hoenn. Stupid .

But, there was some cool spots around here.

"Maybe on an off day I can take you out and show you around the area. It was kind of confusing at first, but you get the hang of things eventually."

Jessie's eyes flicked to the cubs.

"Are those yours?"