twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,853 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 3:00:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the pot of water comes to a boil in the background.

i know.

"lilycove's important."

you're more important.

"they need me there."

i need you safe.

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone b] color: #8bc19d; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #8bc19d; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 3:05:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"yeah," she mumbles.

i need you.

the boiling pot goes mostly ignored.

"it's selfish to ask you to not go."

don't go.

she tries to look at him, tries to smile... it all falls flat.

please stay with me.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,853 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 3:30:20 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]his head shakes.

"it's not selfish."

just like how it's not selfish for him to not want to go, to not want to fight.

what if they just ran and never looked back?

"i'm sorry."

[newclass=.stone] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.stone i] text-decoration: underline dotted #8bc19d; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2022 13:24:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]they could run. in fact, every ounce of her being wants to.

obligations keep them tethered. and she knows, deep down, neither of them can leave people to die. him, most of all.

understanding doesn't make this any easier.

"why're you sorry?" it's a soft question. careful, contained, quiet. probing without prying is an art she has never fully mastered.

and she wants to go toward him but god, her feet won't move from the tiles they're on.

[newclass=.illie] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,853 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2022 7:54:12 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]why?

for being distracted.

for being absent.

for not fighting by her side.

for not living.

he closes off, hiding behind a gentle smile that graces his expression. his head shakes as he returns to cooking.

"we'll both be fine, i'm sure."

the cracks in his facade are clear even then. but still, he persists, fighting against the tides of destiny.

"illie..."

he pauses.

"after it's all over, would you like to move in with me?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2022 1:55:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the question goes unanswered, dying out beneath a wall. she doesn't quite catch on but the result is simple: the mask he has always worn returns with a vengeance. and didn't he always promise he'd never use it with her?

practiced movements embody alexander stone. even as he smiles, even as he cooks... it's all precise, taught, learned.

and she's nothing more than pure emotions, soft and tender.

it's why she drops the knife when the question comes, why it clatters to the countertop with a sharp metallic clang, why the blade knicks her skin as it goes. and she swears beneath her breath, abandoning the veggies to look for a hand towel.

the distraction is good, maybe...

"i," she starts, stops, and flushes. the next step seems so small compared to the coming war. and yet, it's more terrifying than anything. "are you sure?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,853 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 11:13:41 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]the soft clatter of metal pulls him away. he quickly searches for a hand towel and steps over moments after, reaching out for her hand.

"i am."

it's the next logical step in their relationship. but it's also something alexander wants, he realizes. to live without her in his life would make life boring. joyless.

he dabs the towel against the cut, gentle.

"you can move in here or we can find a new place together. whatever you want."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2022 0:42:02 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]warmth floods as he steps into her space, as he takes her hand, as he dabs the towel into skin. and she watches it slowly turn red, blood seeping into cloth.

she avoids his eyes at first and simply stares down at her hand, at his hand around hers and the stained towel. the next step... it's the first of many, she supposes. it's correct to go in order: dating, moving in together, and finally, a little sparkling band on the second to last finger of her left hand.

and yet, there's still a fear gnawing at her insides. insecurity bleeds into thoughts and threaten to overwhelm. what if he grows tired of her? how does he want to see her every day? what if one day, he doesn't come back? what happens if he leaves her behind?

"okay," she whispers. and each wisp of fear is swallowed back, eased away with a soft puff of pink mist escaping her mouth. insecurities are beaten back for a moment, placated until they return to eat her alive.

"i'll move in here," a pause, a vulnerable smile. "i'll move in with you."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,853 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2022 3:53:41 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]he doesn't mind the soft puff of pink mist. not this time. not when she's just agreed to move in, to continue building a life together.

"okay," he repeats, happy, ecstatic as his lips curl into a bright smile. whatever worries he has fades into the background for now as he moves to embrace her.

"okay."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON May 7, 2022 18:22:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he moves to embrace, to usher her into the safety and warmth of his body. and she lets out a laugh, squishing herself into his chest.

it's delicate, soft, tender. and so fucking fragile.

they couldn't hear the cracks in their agreement, the rifts forming in the foundation. and maybe if they could have heard the fates laughing at them, things would have been different.

instead, she nuzzles her head closer into the crook of his neck and holds a little tighter. a weight feels as though it drops right from her shoulders. the bubble persists and she doesn't dare break it with talk of war.

"excited?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,853 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 1:57:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]"are you kidding?"

words breathed out in disbelief, he pulls back slightly before raising his hands to hold her face.

peering into her eyes, he nods, smile pure as ever.

"very. you're my life, illie, and i cannot wait to start building our future together."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 2:25:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flushes a warm peach as his hands rise and drift to her cheeks. it's a tender sort of hold. soft, affectionate, him.

and it's easy to mirror his smile, to feel it curl into her features until it aches. faintly, she wonders if this is what happiness is like... if it's warm, with green hair and loving eyes.

yes, she muses when he speaks.

"our future." it makes her giddy just thinking about it. and she's certain...

this is bliss.

"you're amazing," she murmurs. it's familiar, that sentiment, and she seals it with a soft kiss pressed to his lips.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,853 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 8:22:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]this is bliss.

if only he could trap this moment in a jar and seal it off forever just so he can relive it again and again and again. life doesn't work like that, however, and he knows this moment will eventually pass.

for now, he returns the kiss, wrapping his arms around her to pull her into him.

"i love you."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,128 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON May 17, 2022 23:43:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it'll pass, sure, but she knows their bubble will hold. and within it... bliss always comes so easily. being with him is almost as easy as breathing.

he pulls her closer and she sighs into the kiss.

her body, however, stills slightly at the statement. three little words. it's incredible how much power they can hold over her. and she has known he loves her, has felt it but to hear it confirmed... her grip tightens slightly before she's snuggling closer.

"i love you too." soft, tender, genuine. she steals one more kiss from him before slowly peeling herself away.

they're supposed to be cooking. unless?

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,853 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
safe haven [past]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 9:19:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stone b"]
[attr="class","stone i"]alexander is not irresponsible enough to leave the stove on while tending to other things even if his mind may wander. so, as she peels herself away, he reaches over to the stove to flick it off before extending his hand over to her.

"i hope you aren't too hungry."

the rare grin he wears should be telling enough.