acting like that

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 2:50:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Demanding, aren’t you?”
[break][break]
Despite her unchanging and frigid tone, this is a joke. Sol has always enjoyed cooking, after all, especially for the people she loves, and the hunt for ingredients happens to yield exactly what she needs: garlic, canned tomatoes, beans, carrots, zucchini, broth, and of course, sausage.
[break][break]
Just like that, it’s easily that she gets to work, starting off with carefully slicing said sausages.
[break][break]
”Did you hear from your boss, by the way?”
[break][break]
The question is inevitable, given that Uri had gone directly to the hospital, but it doesn't stop Sol from focusing on cooking, and it’s soon enough that ingredients are put in a pot – their delightful aroma filling both the kitchen and the rest of the apartment.

[break][break]

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #D25944; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #D25944; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #D25944; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #D25944; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #D25944!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D25944; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #D25944; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #D25944; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 15:58:11 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"only to you."

because he knows he can get away with it, teehee. but then again, the request is because he wants to feel NOLSTAGIC eating that particular meal.

at her question, his face shifts, perplexed as he looks at her.

"aren't you my boss?"

then he realizes.

"oh, you mean my sarge. no, not yet. i think he'll come around later or tomorrow to debrief me."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2021 17:56:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Even though he can’t see it from where he is, Sol’s eyes roll at his response while she continues to cook their meal. She gives no retort, of course, instead waiting for him to realize his mistake and correct himself. Thankfully, he does so eventually.
[break][break]
”That’s good, it would have sucked if you had to deal with that while at the hospital.”
[break][break]
The hospital.
[break][break]
The mere mention of it causes her to sigh, inevitably wondering how many times this situation will repeat itself. Are their jobs really worth taking all these risks? Are they even making a difference? Does making a difference really matter more than their own safety?
[break][break]
Instead of asking these questions out loud, she stirs the soup, soon finding herself pouring it into bowls and bringing them with her as the light of a full moon shines into the living room.
[break][break]
”Okay, here you go.”

[break][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #D25944; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #D25944; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #D25944; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #D25944; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #D25944!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #D25944; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #D25944; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #D25944; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 10:35:39 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"oh i think it would've been fine. nothing much happened at the hospital."

someone did come in to treat their burn from a pokemon's will-o-wisp, though, which was exciting to overhear.

his face lights up as she approaches with their bowls of soup. he smiles up at her, reaching for his bowl before kissing her cheek.

"thanks. you're so sweet to me, sol."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 13:11:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

No one other than Uri would ever call Sol sweet, and with reason too, since he’s really one of the only people for whom she’d bother with doing things like these. Bother with caring, with worrying, with looking after him, and with doing things like cooking him a nice meal for the sake of maybe bringing at least a small comfort after a difficult day.
[break][break]
”Yeah, I’m starting to think I spoil you too much. Now try your soup.”
[break][break]
She smirks faintly, ever one to tease him, but despite her own words, she leans closer to him, returning the kiss on the cheek.
[break][break]
The soup is warm, and the taste of it brings thoughts of Autumn to Sol – those of cold breeze and knit scarves and piles of fallen leaves at the bottom of trees. It really is comforting.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2021 16:57:24 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"you really do."

he smirks, staying close even after she pulls away.

"you must really love me, huh?"

not sure why he's smirking as much as he is. maybe it's just fun to tease her.

"i love you, sol."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 3:00:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Cruel. Evil. Mean. Awful. Her mental list could go on and on and on.
[break][break]
An eyebrow is raised as she turns to look at him, a cold amethyst gaze meeting his without saying anything. How long does it last? Thirty seconds? A whole minute? Maybe more than that? Too long, really, but Sol simply turns away with her next words.
[break][break]
”Try your soup before it gets cold.”
[break][break]
Which it probably will since he’s so busy trying to tease her.
[break][break]
To be fair, it works. It always works.
[break][break]
”But, yes, I love you.”
[break][break]
That being said, she goes back to eating.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 8:02:01 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"fine, fine."

he looks away then to focus on his soup, appreciating the added effort she put in to make sure to cut up sausages as well. he scoops a healthy amount, then tries it, except it's really hot and he definitely forgot to let it cool.

"ow—"

he manages to not drop his bowl at least.

licking his lips, he looks back up at her briefly.

"it's really good!"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 14:43:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Of course he goes in for a spoonful without letting it cool down.
[break][break]
Of course it’s too hot.
[break][break]
She watches him, and his reaction is almost enough to make Sol herself drop her own bowl, unable to stop herself from chuckling at the sight.
[break][break]
”You okay? Do you need me to feed you the soup like a baby?”
[break][break]
She smirks, ever one to tease him.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 15:05:52 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"actually..."

he reaches for his spoon but doesn't pick it up. instead, he looks over at her with his puppy dog eyes and a small pout.

she should expect these next few words, to be honest.

"could you? i'm too weak to eat it by myself..."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 3:06:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Too weak.
[break][break]
With the way Sol was raised, weakness is not acceptable, especially not admitting to it so easily. She knows this is wrong, of course, life has taught her as much, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s still that slight annoyance when hearing Uri’s words.
[break][break]
Thankfully, they result to be amusing too, and although she sighs, that smirk of her doesn’t fade away.
[break][break]
”You big baby.”
[break][break]
Of course she teases him, and yet she reaches for the spoon all the same, scooping up some soup and gently blowing upon the spoonful while meeting his gaze.
[break][break]
”Here.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 14:12:56 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
is he a big baby? probably. but he finds that he doesn't quite mind it if it means she treats him like this. pampering him, almost.

after a chuckle, he leans in for a spoonful, not burning his tongue this time.

"woah! it's really good."

he beams.

"thank you, sol."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 2:53:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

This is the closest Sol will probably ever get to truly pampering him, and honestly, it’s not something she’d ever do for anyone else in the world. With anyone else, she’d think it’s ridiculous, but right here, with Uri, she’d even be willing to admit it’s kind of cute…
[break][break]
Perhaps if only because of the way he smiles at her when saying her food is good.
[break][break]
”You’re welcome, now you can eat the rest by yourself.”
[break][break]
One spoonful is more than enough, no?
[break][break]
She smirks at that.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

uriah
he/him
twenty-five
january 14th
canalave
straight
akura cfo
ace trainer
awards
996 posts
URIAH BLACK DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @uriah
URIAH BLACK
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 12:46:30 GMT
URIAH BLACK Avatar
"i dunno, sol..."

one spoonful is definitely not enough for someone as needy as him. he looks at her, pouting.

"i'm still pretty weak. i think you still gotta nurse me back to health."

all of this is said with a quieter voice, of course, almost as if he's weaker than usual. he isn't; he's just pretending.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
acting like that
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 4:09:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Such a big baby.
[break][break]
She probably should do as he wants, no? She should spoil him and do everything he asks because it’s been a long day and he was injured. But, that’s just not the way Sol is, even if she had been and still is incredibly worried about him.
[break][break]
”Hmm… How about this...”
[break][break]
She leans in closer, close enough to whisper to his ear.
[break][break]
”I’ll reward you if you finish it all on you own.”
[break][break]
Of course.

[break][break]