julie's delivery service [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2021 23:04:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Julien had no idea what exactly he had picked up for Ms. Wilhelmina Ramsay.

Did he care? Not particularly.

All he knew was he would get money from this endeavor, and at least he didn't have to get his hands dirty for this job.

He had sent the message of his location and the time he'd be there to meet her to pick up the goods, and now he leaned casually against the crates in the abandoned warehouse, scrolling through his phone for any new hires or business deals that were requested of him.

Julien's Lucario stood beside him, keeping an eye out until he pointed out that Ms. Ramsay had arrived. Slipping his phone back into his pocket, he stood to his full height of six foot three and waited for her to approached before greeting her.

"Evening," he mumbled around the cigarette in his mouth.

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 0:34:03 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
When Willa receives the text, she gives her son an embarrassing cheek kiss goodbye in front of his friend, ruffles his hair, announces she loves him, and lets him know when she'll be back.

If all goes smoothly with the hand-off, she'd be home in time for a glass of wine before bed.

As she arrives at the warehouse, she click-clacks her way into the room he's been waiting in and adjusts her purse over her shoulder as he murmurs a good evening over his cigarette. She reaches out and takes it from his lips, taking a long drag, before putting it out onto the floor.

When she sees the crates, she smiles a bit more playfully. "You were a good boy, then." She taps her fingers on the wood, before grabbing a pry-bar, opening up the lid of one of the crates. Inside, illegal contraband; wrapped in neat little plastic packages. "Thank you, Julien." She glances back at him, smirking. "But please don't smoke around the merchandise."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 3:18:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Julien heard the clicking of her heels before he saw her. He lifted his head up, the cigarette resting between his fingers as Wilhelmina Ramsay appeared in the warehouse. She seemed posh, well put together, a typical rich woman.

Definitely not the type of woman to order a pumpkin spice drink. She'd get something sophisticated, like black coffee or hot tea.

His thought process was interrupted when she plucked his cigarette from his fingers, taking a drag before stomping it out. A displeased looked rested on his face.

"And why can't I smoke around the merchandise?"

Julien knew better than to question her. She was going to be the one providing his check for the day. But he was kind of pissed he was being so downgraded as a child and had his cigarette taken away.

"It wasn't hard to get. It should all be there."

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 3:22:22 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Willa glances back to him, quirking an eyebrow, before tilting her head curiously.

"Not a great idea to smoke around something that could be explosive, Juju, dear." She pats his shoulder gently and sighs, pulling out her wallet. As she does, she flips it open, revealing a wad of cash inside. She licks her thumb before counting it all out for him, handing it over.

"Recount, in case the bills were sticky." She commands him and waits, tucking her wallet back into her purse.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 3:30:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Juju? What the hell was with these names? He gritted his teeth, his arms crossed tightly over his chest as he stared at her.

"It's Julien."

A simple reminder, but it had enough venom in it to bite at her. A warning that he was getting a bit irritated with the nicknames and the baby talk.

Not to mention her demands.

He took the money, counting it back. He furrowed his brow.

"I thought we agreed to more," Julien said, looking back at her.

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 3:35:04 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
Honestly, she didn't care what his name was - their business was complete, he had been paid.

But when he brings up the amount, she raises an eyebrow. "Our texts tell me differently, Julien." She pulls out her phone and scrolls up, showing the figure he was promised - encoded, of course. "Two thousand for safe delivery." Her hand tucks back into her purse, gesturing to the money. "How much did you count?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 3:39:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Fifteen hundred."

So, either he counted wrong or she did. Maybe she forgot a bill. But, it was clear that they were both growing more irritated with the other.

"You aren't trying to rip me off, are you?"

It wasn't exactly an accusation. He was just questioning her. Intensely. Julien climbed off from where he had been sitting, approaching her with the money in hand.

close tab

played by

bean

willa
she/her
december 5
castelia city
x
fine goods dealer
grunt
5 height
5 height
awards
90 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willa
wilhelmina ramsay
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 3:47:22 GMT
wilhelmina ramsay Avatar
When he gets up, Willa sighs softly. "No, I'm not." She says sharply, before reaching into her wallet again to see if there was more cash in there. Slipped into the second fold on the pocket was the rest of the money. "Ah, there wasn't enough room in the main pocket." She counts out the missing five hundred, and hands it over to him.

"There you are." She's a little miffed; she'll have to buy a bigger wallet for next time so her integrity isn't questioned.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 3:56:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
So, she wasn't cheaping out. Good to know. Julien let himself relax a little, waiting for her to take out the extra five hundred.

When she handed it over, he was finally able to chill out completely. He accepted it with a nod.

"Thank you. Two thousand as agreed."

He put the stash away in his wallet, which had a pattern of unown on it.

"Is there anything else you need from me?"