163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 5:19:09 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

If he had to be entirely honest, his original plan had been to do nothing more than sightsee and maybe do a little bit of shopping for the little one he had waiting back home, but lo and behold, there he was. Sometime into his venture around the region, he’d sought to spend his free time following a mission taking it easy, and it hadn’t been too long before the sight of a rather odd ringside attraction caught both his and his walking companion’s eyes- though between the two of them, it had been the latter that seemed all too excited and inspired by the event. It had gotten to the point where he strayed far enough from the man’s side to catch a closer look at what was going on to drive him to follow after.[break][break]

Something, something, now he found himself at a loss while waiting for the fighter cub’s turn to fight.[break][break]

Supposedly, the event was just a popup event, and contestants were free to sign up as they pleased- and so, after taking a seat by the ringside with the aforementioned cub within his lap (all while the little one, himself, seemed to be bouncing and vibrating in anticipation and excitement while watching the others’ performances before him), he sighed while resting a hand upon Ares’ head. He rubbed his fingers against his ears while tilting his head in observation of the event as it progressed, occasionally raising his brows and giving an instinctive, yet curiously invested grimace every so often upon seeing what the combatants had to offer.[break][break]

He glanced down at the cub beneath his hand.[break][break]

[“...Honestly not sure whether I should be sorry for you or who gets matched against you~...” he laughed gently, broadening the smile upon his lips at the sight of the Pancham burying its face and head further against his palm. ”Guess we should say our prayers either way, though~...”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2021 22:29:56 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

they say violence is never the answer. [break]
clearly, they've never met her bagon. [break][break]

it's curious how the little bastard runs around, trying to be ragged and intimidating with his head reared in as nubbed arms try to raise and wave in the air. watching him is like watching a child, and it's because of that fact that he does his utmost to prove otherwise (spoiler alert: it never works, and always ends in his own disappointment). hell, she hadn't even wanted to join this ring today, especially when her intention was to get herself a very, in-season pumpkin spice latte to offset the bitterness of fallen leaves. the cries of excitement and adrenaline, however, isn't something the bagon can easily ignore (and daphne can't deny him of his energy. what else is she to do when she feels the pokeball at her side, quivering from anticipation? she's not a monster). so she raises the pokeball and has the bagon hand in her free arm, and she hushes her voice with the back of the dragon's head resting against her bosom. [break][break]

a few rounds later, and the bagon looked so eager to jump into the ring that it was worrisome. there's no point trying to push the dragon pokemon away, no point in trying to force him back into the pokeball (she's sure that he'll try to butt his way free from the capsule, anyways). a sigh and a groan - followed by the whine of an excited child - then she stands to sign her own name onto the list of competitors, though not without perusing the list of participants that've yet to take to the arena. there's a familiar (a distinct) name that stands out of all. it's a relief that she brought pearl with her today.[break][break]

seeing that name however, she smiles a bit (but she doesn't entertain the idea of her looking forward to his company, no, not after she's embarrassed herself in front of him multiple times) and finishes what she's to do, and leaves to take a gander at the participants waiting for their names to be called upon. there, she finds a man sitting with a familiar black and white cub. the little blue in her arms had yet to have a shiver sent up his spine, so she assumes that he hasn't realized yet (perhaps she's cruel, as the image of panic - from the bagon who uses his head so brutally finally knowing the meaning of fear and regret - settles in. it's amusing. [break][break]

she approaches quietly from behind, intentionally, hoping that the man's back can shield the view from the cub for just long enough. [break][break]

"we seem to be crossing paths often, nowadays" she opens up with a smile "calix."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 21:58:27 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

The amount of sheer anticipation and excitement borne for him to witness had been equal parts exhausting and amusing, all the same. From the moment the two of them had taken their seats, the cub within his lap had his eyes glued to none other than the stage and its combatants, time and time again; Although he,himself, had remained significantly more composed in comparison to the little creature within his hold, the azure eyed man had felt an absentminded sense of viral exhilaration igniting and burning within his soul as one of several spectators that day, and before long, he found himself tugging his lips into a smile watching the display, and soon giving a proper grin in the midst of the blunt force displays occurring before him. Once every so often, a whistle left his lips, only to be followed by the moniker of whichever contestant he’d found himself enamored by exclaimed into the eye around him.[break][break]

Some may have expected him to have outright stood up amidst his cheers.[break]
He was close to it.[break][break]

And yet, save for the momentary bout of weakness (with a first thrown up, or a hand cupped over his mouth to tunnel his exclamations), he remained seated, and he remained moderately like an adult- for being anything otherwise would have only served to enable the bear within his lap ever more. Still, there had been an occasional bounce of the knee to give way to his infatuation with the blaze of battle, as well as the hunch of his posture as he leaned forward within his seat with further investment; something that the cub with him had only sought to instinctively replicate with each movement. Before long, however, the noting of another voice rung true to him; a familiar tone that made him perk up slightly, and words that had ultimately driven him to look up at the calling of his own name. Blinking, he shifted his posture in favor of sitting up faintly straighter, and found himself glancing over his shoulder (and upwards, upon remembering the difference in leveling) to the sight of a certain blonde.[break][break]

A warm smile settled upon his lips (a light contrast to the one infused with the curiosity of war from moments prior) as he leaned back against his chair, properly. The dual toned creature with him kept his eyes forward, for the meantime. ”Oh, Daph, hey!” he said back, his tone laced with both welcome and a chuckle, alike. His gaze drifted briefly towards the little blue that accompanied her before raising to meet hers, once more. ”Yeah, that’s an understatement~... What’re you doing in the city~?”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 10:53:18 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

she smiles. [break][break]

it seems to be happening more often. was it because of him? even if it were, she doesn't know what he's done to her for her to react like this. maybe it's because she's starting to get used to the warm smile he wears on his lips with he greets her. maybe she's starting to soften up, even if it hasn't been that long. smiling isn't something she's used to, and still feels foreign despite it coming so naturally today. who knows how difficult it will be tomorrow. [break][break]

with bagon in her arms, she approaches the man and is careful to ensure that apatite does not see his potential opponent in the ring. the same smile shrinks after a brief amount of time, as it is indeed foreign, and started to make her cheeks sore. the added weight to the corners of her lips made it feel like she was holding something in a cheek pouch. she shudders at the thought, and doesn't realize how the smile may look to others (because to her it was horrible, always looking stiff and forced, when the reality couldn't have been further from the truth). [break][break]

one arm hooks beneath the dragon pokemon's arms, while the other rests her hand against the white of the baby's round head. "i wanted to get some coffee and take a walk around." she doesn't need to tell him the specifics; not that she was coming out to escape the stale an stuffy air of her apartment while searching for inspiration "apatite heard what was happening, and so i came to take a look" she gives a quick, slightly narrowed and unamused glare at the bagon. [break][break]

it doesn't last for long. [break][break]

"as for you?" she asks. "what brings you out here?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 22:04:44 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Glancing over a tad more, he took note of the dragon accompanying her before broadening his smile. He turned around a little bit more (something that garnered the sparks of attention from the one within his arms) in order to catch a better glimpse of the little blue, reaching out to softly bat his hands with his fingers. ”Hah, so I guess that technically makes two of us~...” he started off with a hum, quirking his lip while shifting his gaze back up to match hers. ”I was passing through the area for a little bit of sightseeing and shopping. Come around, heard the commotion, then this little rascal--”[break][break]

(Cue the sudden fighting screams as a certain little someone noticed who was nearby and clambered onto his trainer’s shoulder.)[break][break]

”--got so excited when he saw what was going on~. Had no choice but to sign him up.”[break][break]

He would’ve said more, but before he could get much else out, he’d put more of his focus into apprehending the cub of his; form shifting, and hands immediately shooting out to catch him just as he’d jumped forward in attempt to give the Bagon his own form of greeting. An audible wheeze of a sigh left his lips instead as he tried to calm the bear down, but in true, characteristic flightiness, he’d seemed to find himself roused out of his spark just as quickly as he’d roused in at the scent of pumpkin spice wafting his way. Calix had only managed to get a few words’ worth of scolding out before noticing the sudden calmness (or rather, occupation) from the creature with him, and it was only when he realized that Ares was leaning over with his nose up and pointed towards the cup in the other’s hand that he gradually let go.[break][break]

He sighed.[break][break]

”Uh...first and foremost, though, I was actually here for my kid,” he went on, still keeping a watchful eye on the dual toned bear as he gently started to poke at the woman’s arm. ”Ended up being in the area for work. Figured I may as well get him a ‘lil something before I came home~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 23:44:54 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

a familiar black and white pokemon, which looks all too happy to see his previous trainer again. [break]
sadly, the same can't be said by the bagon. [break][break]

bless his soul for catching the panda, because the bagon would have screamed first and fell over from daphne's shoulder had he not saved him. daphne only gives the bagon and sparing glance, and the smile cracks a little bit more. "it seems like we're both stuck here" she muses. [break][break]

"there are quite a few things in mauville" she hums. she's been here enough times, and she wants to offer her help (but the butterflies in her stomach stop her before the words can leave her lips. there's a quiet sigh). it didn't matter, either, because before she could try to say more, the current fight in the ring ends, and two names are called over the speaker. two familiar names. [break][break]

she pauses, and holds the bagon in her arms. she'll say her silent prayers. "... what are the chances?~"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 4:21:04 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”Seems like that’s the case, yeah~.”[break][break]

He took a quick moment to gently pull the panda a bit closer to him as he seemed to rouse once more, only being met with a grumble and highly pitched sound of defiance for a moment as his finger met his forehead within a soft flick. For a brief moment, the sound only peaked higher in what seemed to be further defiance, but as the man gave another flick, the sounds only seemed to pitter out into a soft whine as the cub slumped back into his lap. At the sight, he couldn’t help but smile again, noting the rather skeptical and challenging glances that the cub gave towards the little dragon even after being subdued.[break][break]

Almost as if he was scathed by a gentle will-o-wisp.[break]
Ever the dramatic.[break][break]

He’d been about to say more, but the sound of the speakers some ways away caught his attention; his head turning towards the source in recognition of the names as his brows rose. His smile broadened a little bit more. ”Well, would you look at that~...” he chuckled, glancing back towards the dragon with the woman again. Reaching out, he gently poked him a couple of times. ”Looks like you’re going against Ares~. Teach him a good lesson, yeah?”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 19:45:58 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

a horrible, fearsome idea, really. [break][break]

daphne didn't give the panda to him to protect them from apatite. from how eager the panda was and how it was rearing to go, the dragon (though should have felt fear and hidden into his nub arms) tucked his head in and huffed, with all the confidence in the world that he would win in a fight. though, if past experience has ever taught her anything..[break][break]

well, she isn't one to crush a dragon's dreams. [break][break]

at those words, the bagon tucks his head in and he's already rearing to go. clearly, the stars aligned at the perfect time, and there's nothing she can do about it. and so, she carries the bagon to the ring, though not without a small smile to her lips.[break][break]

"so long as ares doesn't try to bully him too much~.."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 5:46:40 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”Well, to be fair, we both know the bullying’s gonna go both ways~.”[break][break]

He gave her a wink while beginning to lift himself from his seat, all while ensuring the cub remained secured within his arms, lest he made another jump towards the woman and her Pokemon. As the aforementioned little bear struggled against his trainer’s hold, the man himself lifted his head to flick his head for yet a third time. ”I hope Apatite’s ready, though~,” he called out, making his way towards one of the corners before lifting the Pancham beneath the first of the ropes. Azure hues trailed after the little beast as he shuffled his way further into the ring with a slight hop in his step, rolling his shoulders in the beginnings of a quick Work Up.[break][break]

”...This fight’s his,” he mused on with a chuckle, peering towards the other two. ”I wanna watch what he does for himself~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 8:12:47 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

a soft sigh escapes her lips. [break][break]

she can't say that he's wrong, because there's reason in the assumption. the little dragon wouldn't go down without a fight, even when he knows that he has the disadvantage. she also knows how rough the panda might get, and that's what worries her. whereas the fight was supposed to be banter for the two of them, the bagon was already rearing his head, as though getting ready for the hunt so fearsome. [break][break]

"he's certainly ready, that's for sure.." she mumbles softly, arms crossed as she watches the bagon tucks his head in, and takes the initiative with a glowing arm for dragon claw. [break][break]

"mmn.. i should have my blissey ready to heal the two of them, if they go too crazy."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 20:40:54 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

The man laughed quietly in response to her suggestions, shrugging gently. ”Honestly…? That might be a good thing to do~.” With an ongoing grin of amusement, he made a very short, yet brisk jog towards the ring, and made a smooth movement to hop onto the edge before gripping one of the ropes and pulling himself up. Once situated, he glanced over his shoulder towards her, and while still holding onto the topmost rope with one hand, he held the remaining out to her.[break][break]

”May as well get a better view ‘til then, though~.”[break][break]

As the more wholesome interaction happened by the ringside, a quick, almost screaming yelp of some sort of aggression sounded from the little cub at the hit. He almost seemed like he was yelling at the little dragon before him, but rather than letting the hit ruffle his fur more, he merely wound up and returned the favor. With a roll of the shoulder, he pivoted and swung his arm out in an Arm Thrust.

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 21:27:31 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

ah, the juxtaposition. [break][break]

whereas she seemed more fatigued and drained by her pokemon's shenanigans, it looks like calix was enjoying himself quite a bit. though weak, she returns a smile for the sake of returning the sentiment. after all, it wasn't every day she was able to come out to this kind of event, was it? crowds and cheering isn't foreign to her, but it's nice knowing that these eyes aren't on her, and are on her pokemon (the less judgemental gazes on her, the better). [break][break]

she pauses at the edge of the ring, eyeing up at the man who holds a hand outstretched to her. there's hesitation as emerald eyes fixate upon him, and her fingers curl into her hand as her arm reaches out towards his open palm. one moment later, however, she takes a deep breath "i suppose so~.." a rosy, bashful blush stretches across her cheeks, and she allows herself to be pulled up. [break][break]

speaking of juxtaposition..[break][break]

the bagon lets out a proud laugh, with his hard head held up in the air. he's so proud that he doesn't.. seem to notice the arm thrust that was coming right at him, and the blue dragon pokemon's laughter quickly turns into a screech of panic and pain. he takes a deep breath after he picks himself up from the ground, taking in a deep breath after recovering ground to release a flamethrower. [break][break]

he forgot that the ring might be flammable. [break][break]

he'll deal with it when it happens (read as: when daphne sees him using fire and scolds him).

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
tapout [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 3:19:40 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

...Just as endearing as when he’d met her.[break][break]

Upon noting the soft tinge of scarlet that graced her features, he couldn’t help but hum and smile a bit more. Ensuring that he remained stable for no more than a couple of moment, he gently curled his fingers around one of her arms (firmly, yet also carefully, all the same) before pulling her up with him. Once she was safely by him, he let go once more, turning towards the inner area of the ring while leaning upon the ropes.[break][break]

He eyed her a bit longer, laughing while quickly and softly tapping one of his cheeks.[break][break]

”It’s pretty cute, by the way~.” His gaze shifted towards the two Pokemon for a moment, watching as his little cub practically screeched at the heat in an almost comically concerning way. Some lingering embers singed his fur, and after aggressively throwing himself onto the ground to put himself out, he seemed to immediately roll back onto his feet before running back over and planting one of his palms into the ground, immediately kicking into the dragon’s shins with a Low Sweep.[break][break]

A concerned look only momentarily crossed his expression before he looked back towards the woman.[break][break]

”...The blush, I mean,” he went on, doing his best to tune the excessive screeching happening from his peripheral. A brow rose gently, and a soft, teasing tug of the lip shifted the expression that he wore into something more of a smirk than a smile. ”Has a different touch when you’re not a few drinks too far, honestly~.”

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
tapout [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 7:58:36 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

the bagon screams, just as he falls face first, flat on the ground after losing balance as a result of the low sweep. he grunts, rolling his large head against the ground to use as leverage to pick himself back onto his feet (because arceus knows that he has no such arms to pick him up). he takes a momen to snuff, then starts to open his jaw wide, ready to rip out a heft crunch in response afterwards. [break][break]

meanwhile, daphne can only turn her attention back to the man, her response being.. slight surprise, with a dash of red to coat her cheeks as she fully processes what he'd said. he.. said she was cute? or.. the blush was cute, rather. he said that the blush was cute-- he said that a blush on her was.. cute? it'd.. been a while since anyone said that to or about her, and she paused for a moment to make sure that she was hearing things right. [break][break]

so she raises a hand, intending to point at herself, in slight.. disbelief. "me?" she asks, tone slightly raised. the idea that anyone could think that she, stone faced daphne, could be cute was.. absurd "are-- are you.. sure you aren't mistaken..?" surely, he was, or he jest. and yet before she can notice, her face had flushed a deeper hue of scarlet, with the tips of her ears following suit, peeking through her lighter, golden locks.

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
tapout [m]
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:41:50 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

”I mean, I’m talkin’ to you, aren’t I~?”[break][break]

A comment of genuine, yet teasing intent, spoken only as the sounds of screaming and a frantic Arm Thrust in retaliation were made in the background of it all. While his little one seemed to be more than focused upon his sparring partner (having found absolutely no joy in being literally bitten, even if it hadn’t hurt nearly as much as it looked to— bless Arceus for type matchings), his trainer merely gave a shrug while eying the woman by him. His smile broadened upon seeing the flush upon her skin settle in, and he tilted his head in amusement all the while.[break][break]

”Don’t see anyone else here I know,” he began in addition, ”so I don’t really know who else I could be referring to when saying that~.”