Science is amazing, except when it isn't [Mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 8:03:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It was early in the morning. Super early. Even the early Taillow wasn't up quite yet. 

But here Benny was drinking a lukewarm cup of hot chocolate down the small hill at a small convenience store from the Mossdeep city Space Station. The area was lit with only the bright neon sign of the 7/11 and a gourgeist hugging the number and the lights from within the store. The young ginger took quiet sips from the hot chocolate. Even though it was dead o' clock he was still peppy and had a bright smile behind his flaming orange bangs. Far above the city's skyline was a large white shape. It was Benny's partner Togekiss, Gales. He was Benny's eye in the sky, While Benny himself kept his ears down to the ground.

Benny had two human partners on this case. Well-more like a boss and an employee, he was the middle management in this case. While he enforces it at times, Benny doesn't like to act superior to others. Even if their status dictates it. It just wasn't the Benny way.

But Benny was the first to arrive at the meeting spot for this job. Due to his part-time job as a flying type expert for the weather institute he was used to waking up at unarceusly hours. But Benny wondered if his partners are the same way.

Suddenly, Benny heard footsteps coming his way. The young man cautiously yet curiously watched as the footsteps rounded the corner of the store.

@alexander &
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2018 2:25:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

I am the misery you crave

The crisp air of the early, early morning is distinct; the breeze slides off his goosebumps, he can feel it on his skin. The most amusing thing about the cold is how visible it makes his breath. He inhales, then exhales, slowly, mindfully, pretending to use the move ice beam. It brings a small smile to his face as he walks to the nearby convenience store. Before turning the corner, he notices a small figure in the sky. As a man with an unabashed fondness for fairy-types, Alex knew the shape of a togekiss when he saw it. He also knew one of the men he was working with owned said pokemon, which probably meant…

Yes, just as he thought, his colleague was already there.

”Long time, no see, Benny.” Alex says with a friendly smile, and wave as he turns the corner. Closing the distance between them until he’s also in front of the store, he continues. ”You’re the first to arrive, and you’ve already got eyes in the sky. The league’s lucky to have someone so punctual and diligent.”

@benny , | ### | the council's friendliest member has arrived

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[googlefont=Alegreya Sans SC:400]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2018 15:23:13 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar

daniel walker is late. not even fashionably late where it would be acceptable, but just late-late. mossdeep city is normally a city that breathes tranquility and peace, but on that day there's one disruption and he's sprinting down west in a valiant attempt to reach the meeting point before his partners left; well, superiors, but for the sake of the mission they will be referred to as partners.

as he sprints, he has time to ponder on whether he even belongs in this trio: gym leader and council member; what use do they have for a simple cadet? he's talented, sure, but he's also lazy and aimless, which are traits not suited for league.

"sorry! sorry–coming through!" through the crowd he weaves like a figure skater on ice: elegant and graceful. it's a skill, honestly; and it's a skill that gets him there only ten minutes late. he stops before the corner to fix his hair, straighten his jacket, and correct his body posture. with a smile, he turns the corner.

daniel's eyes meet the council member first, for he is more dignified. "ah! i'm sorry for being late. no excuses; it won't happen again! ten minutes isn't horrible, but it is when it concerns a council member and gym leader.

"cadet walker, ready for the mission."

@benny, @alexander

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2018 17:46:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Benny took another sip from his cup of hot chocolate. it was still lukewarm but creamy. How the young ginger likes it. It was a blessing in this cold early hour. Even if it wasn't piping hot. 

The footsteps rounded the corner as Benny enjoyed his drink. Honestly, the young man expected the cadet at first. Since they often arrive early to make a good first impression. But Benny was pleasantly surprised when it was the council member Alexander. Benny gives the man a polite yet casual smile and a small wave with his free hand. "Greetings, Alex," Benny said with a bright smile. when the older man closed the distance between them, Alex started to praise him for his diligence and punctuality. Benny simply smiled and blushed a little from the compliments and nodded his head before saying. "I do my best," Benny said simply. For that's all he can do.

Suddenly, Benny heard the pitter patter of feet around the same corner that Alexander rounded. But before the sound rounded the corner it stopped just short of showing up and it went quiet for a few seconds before the cadet of the mission showed himself to them. It was cadet Walker.  The cadet spoke up saying how he won't make up excuses for being late. "good." Was all Benny said in reply to the cadet's statement.

"I recommend you grab a hot drink, Cadet, It's going to be a long morning," Benny recommended to the cadet. "The hot chocolate here is pretty good, better than's Fortree's 7/11's," Benny said making small talk it's gonna be a long morning after all and it can't be all formality and tenseness. Benny gave the pair a casual smile behind his cup, "I already paid for several drinks in advance, so if you get thirsty you both can just come here and get some." 

DANIEL WALKER & ALEX HAWTHORNE
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2018 11:23:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar

I am the misery you crave

Alex wondered if cadet Walker knew how fortunate he was to be working alongside two of the league’s more easy-going members; neither one had much interest in scolding the young man, apparently.

good says Benny. ”Great.” says Alex, with a soft smile. ”Better late than never, right?”

After Benny details his graciousness (hooray free drinks) Alex pulls three walkie talkies from the inner pockets of his coat and hands one off to each of his teammates. ”We’ll be splitting up to check out the outside of the building first, all us taking on a third of the perimeter while, presumably, Benny’s togekiss circles the area, including our blind spot.”

Alex heads off, and begins walking towards his own side to begin watch, casually tossing up a hand to the others as if to say, go on.

”Presuming nothing happens out here, we’ll make our way inside soon enough.” He calls out. ”Stay sharp!”

@benny , | ### | short post master

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[googlefont=Alegreya Sans SC:400]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
POSTED ON Oct 9, 2018 11:47:08 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar

how lucky of him to have been assigned to two of the league's chillest members: neither of them gave a shit about his tardiness, which he counts as a blessing. "hot chocolate sounds good, sir." he knows time is of the essence so he wastes none of it to collect a cup of steaming hot chocolate. just in time to leave alongside the council member, too.

"yes, sir." 

instructions are clear: patrol the perimeter. that's essentially it. he feels happy that they decided he's capable enough to handle a section of the patrol on his own. he nods his acknowledgement and wastes no time setting off on his section.

so far, so good. but he feels a sense of uneasiness in the air; he can't quite explain why.

@benny , @alexander