thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 9:51:32 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"mister wexler."

lance greets the other as he approaches. being back at the farm is nostalgic.

their mission today is simple: investigate the cause of the missing wooloo. almost always, it's because of some wolves, and he expects tonight to be no different.

"it's good to see you again! i saw that pic of you with groudon. that's some cool shit, man.""
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 2:56:17 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

”Since when am I Mister Wexler?”
[break][break]
Mister Wexler is his father, but it’s not like Vic minds, and this shows in the way he chuckles when making such a remark. Did Lance really have to bring up the Groudon selfie, though?
[break][break]
That picture is like Vic’s goddamn legacy at this point, and with how iconic it apparently has become, there will probably be a day when he shows it to his grandchildren, retelling the tale of Groudon’s rampage.
[break][break]
Ironic, since he really didn’t do much other than take a good selfie.
[break][break]
”Neat, huh? I figured that with how rarely things like those happen, it was a good chance to get some footage while I was stuck in midair.”
[break][break]
At the time he had been making his way towards the legendary pokémon, after all.
[break][break]
But here, at this farm, there’s nothing of the sort, and Vic takes a sip from his coffee while looking at those green fields that are all too calm (a pumpkin spice latte, of course, because Autumn always seems to come with a sudden craving for all things pumpkin).
[break][break]
”So, missing Wooloo, huh? Some predator, maybe?”

[attr="class","marswttag"]

[attr="class","marswtpokes"]

[newclass=.marswt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt b] color: #CCA0C5; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #CCA0C5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #CCA0C5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #CCA0C5!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #CCA0C5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #CCA0C5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 10:54:06 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"uh, since always."

just like how lance is mister vollans. it's whatever his mood depends on, really!

"yeah. kinda wish i was there. it seemed crazy."

in the background, one of the farmhands pass by atop their horse.

"likely lycanroc. let's find some tracks."
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 2:27:36 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

”I think crazy is putting it mildly.”
[break][break]
There’s a short laugh and a smirk, even if back then the situation had been no laughing matter. It would have definitely been helpful to have someone like Lance there at the time, since really, the number of rangers that had been sent to deal with Groudon had been questionable. That’s none of Vic’s business though, since he hadn’t even been an Elite Ranger back then!
[break][break]
”Maybe next time, though I kinda hope Groudon doesn’t appear again for a long time.”
[break][break]
Vic has seen enough Precipice Blades for a lifetime.
[break][break]
Anyway! Back to work!
[break][break]
Nodding at the Ranger Captain’s words, he reaches for a pokéball, calling out his Arcanine since there’s no risk of scaring the Wooloo with them being in the safety of the barn.
[break][break]
”See if you can track down anything unusual.”
[break][break]
He pets the pokémon along with the command, and just like that, it gets to work, sniffing the grass for a moment until finding a scent trail to chase after. Wagging his tail, the Arcanine barks, approaching a large leaf pile while tracking down the unusual scent.

[attr="class","marswtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.marswt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt b] color: #CCA0C5; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt a] text-decoration: none; color: #CCA0C5; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #CCA0C5; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #CCA0C5!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #CCA0C5; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #CCA0C5; [/newclass]
[newclass=.marswtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #CCA0C5; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2021 14:43:24 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
they come across a leaf pile, and even from that far away lance can tell it's shaped quite oddly. wait, is it moving?

"tera."

his vileplume is quick to scatter a SLEEP POWDER over the pile, choosing a calmer approach rather than one that requires blunt force.

"i wonder what's under there..."

which really means: vic, your job's to check.
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 8:44:45 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

Not Lance implying his subordinates should do the potentially dangerous jobs instead of doing them himself…
[break][break]
”Oh. I’ll have a look.”
[break][break]
Good thing Vic is a great guy who doesn’t mind doing things like those, and who would have probably also still done it even if Lance hadn’t said a word. It’s calmly and with the slightest of cautions that he couches down by the leaf pile, setting some aside in order to see what has been hiding beneath…
[break][break]
Too bad that the leaves themselves caused much of the SLEEP POWDER to miss their intended target, acting as cover, and while what little did make it calmed it down, it still jumps out the moment it feels threatened by the presence of the rangers.
[break][break]
The blunt force of a HEADBUTT hits Vic right in the chest, making him fall back just as the pokémon responsible runs away. Yet, ever hostile by nature of its species variant, it turns, as if ready to fight them.
[break][break]
A Galarian Zigzagoon, of all things.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 14:08:29 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
in lance's defense, he really shouldn't even be out here today.

and perhaps he should feel guilty when vic's HEADBUTTED by a galarian zigzagoon, but he can't help but feel anything other than amusement.

"you good, vic?"

but of course he is. it'd be anticlimactic to die to a galarian zigzagoon.

"tera! handle it, please."

his grass-type nods, then scatters another flurry of SLEEP POWDERS that look to quell the raging pokemon.
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 21:40:48 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

”Ooow…”
[break][break]
Despite the pain, his initial whining, and the way he brings a hand to his chest, Vic can’t help but chuckle about the whole situation, which honestly only makes it hurt even more.
[break][break]
”Yeah… I’m okay… A Zigzagoon, though?!”
[break][break]
He chuckles once more, and as he does, his Arcanine wanders over, poking his cheek with its wet nose. Vic smiles, petting the Fire type, and after using its huge and fluffy body for support, he stands.
[break][break]
The Zigzagoon, on the other hand, is now taking a nice nap.
[break][break]
”That’s it, then? A Zigzagoon?”
[break][break]
They probably should still check for more hostile wild pokémon, but he sure hopes as much, because there’s nothing to look forward to about the prospect of getting HEADBUTTED one more time.

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,423 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2021 9:27:26 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
"guess so. little rascal."

though it fights the SLEEP POWDERS, it succumbs to sleep eventually, falling to the ground with a soft thud.

lance walks over to tap a pokeball against it, capturing it for now.

"we should still look around just in case there's more."

smiling, he approaches vic and pats him on his back.

"come on, mister wexler."
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 3:48:52 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marswt"]
[attr="class","marswtw"]

And so, it seems as if the wolf that had been terrorizing the sweet and fluffy rolling sheep was no more than a very violent Zigzagoon, but for all they know there could be a whole pack of them lurking around the farm.
[break][break]
So, yes, they definitely should go look around.
[break][break]
”Ha. Sure, Mister Vollans.”
[break][break]
Vic smirks, and just as the ranger captain suggests, he once again has his Arcanine hunt for the scent of anything strange or that should not belong in a farm, then following along as the large dog walks with its nose mere centimetres away from the grass.
[break][break]
But, as it turns out, it was just one Galarian Zigzagoon, and their job is done.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
PWEASE
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 1:22:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: