He, Him, His
August 4
Rustboro City
Curious
Busboy, Ranch Hand
Cadet
18 height
18 height
The comeback is always greater than the setback.
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alfonz
Aedan Quigley
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 3:57:37 GMT
Aedan Quigley Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,aedan]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
tonight

[attr=class,lyric2]
we are young

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
so let's set the world on fire

[attr=class,bulk]Aedan wakes up bright and early, except it wasn't all that bright yet. His clock said something to the tune of 4:37 AM in the pre-dawn hours of the morning. This would've normally been something he struggled with, but Grandpa always followed this routine. It was just part of the farm life, and so Aedan went along with it for the time being. But first, he wanted to slip away for a hot shower to wake himself up. Before he can, however, he's distracted by a notification pinging his phone. While flicking through his feed, he recognizes Cat's contact, mostly left untouched. It was rare he got to see any of his friends outside of sports and school, but he was wont to see her again.[break][break]

He sends a text to her, asking if she's awake. He bumps into his Grandpa in the hallway, who already has his boots on and is ready to make the first morning rounds when Aedan asks him about having a friend over. He strokes his chin thoughtfully for a moment before relenting to the gleam in Aedan's eyes, though he sternly reminds Aedan he still needs to finish his chores for the day before playing around.[break][break]

"O'course, Grandpa! Besides, we can get a lot more done a lot faster if she's here to help out a lil!" His Grandpa expresses a sudden interest that he carefully tries to veil as he departs for the far side of the property. Meanwhile Aedan is left to his devices, closing the bathroom door behind him before sending Cat a follow-up text.[break][break]

AEDAN [5:01 AM] >>U wanna come over to my granpap's farm today?

Before hopping into the shower he hurls his shirt in the hamper, looking at an obscure blob of himself in the mirror, only to realize how dirty it has gotten since the last time he'd visited. 'Grandpa sure don't see for shit these days.' He'd have to tell Mom...

tags @cat[break]
"OBSCURE" bingo prompt
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MILKING MILTANKS

GRANDPA'S FARM, LITTLEROOT

[attr=class,aedancredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.aedan .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .accentborder, .aedan .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .accenttext, .aedan .bulk b, .aedan .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/cwdtx5.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .lyric1, .aedan .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .lyric1 div, .aedan .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 22px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aedan .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedan .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedancredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aedancredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 23:59:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

[attr="class","freezybunger"]

Cat on the other hand had been having it easy, nestled comfily by a campfire, lazing about cocooned by her sleeping bag, with the mysterious little egg she'd received safeguarded by the warmth of it all. Marshmallows and skewers cooking by the campfire, while Björn had been rolling around in the dirt, seeming to be taking a dust bath to try and rid himself off the leftover stains from the costume contest back in Slateport. A mishap that Cat had profusely apologised to the Perrserker for days on end for, though given the futility of all her efforts, they'd all but given up beyond this one little dust bath. Yet it seemed to work wonders, the paint seeming to have dried up and cracking then falling. Despite this, the Perrserker had frowned, feeling somehow empty, it seemed the costume had a bit of a lasting impression on the viking cat.[break][break]

Though the attention of all nearby parties had been drawn to a sudden chime awfully reminiscent of something you'd hear at a Pokémon Center, the pink-haired camper reaching into her pocket to retrieve her phone, unlocking it to see who might be messaging her this early in the morning, surely it couldn't have been Lili, maybe her grandparents checking in for her parents?[break][break]

AEDAN [5:01 AM] >>U wanna come over to my granpap's farm today?
[break][break]

From Jumpy! That was a surprise that had put a smile on Cat's face, though, such a thing would have put a smile on her face regardless of who it was. Happily, Cat had quickly sent back a message,[break][break]

CAT [5:02 AM] >>Sounds like fun! Whereabouts?! Gimme a bit to pack though!
[break][break]

Nonetheless, she'd eventually packed things up quickly, putting away her tent and sleeping bag, washing up her mess kit, and most importantly putting out the fire, making sure to properly drown it to avoid any lingering embers! Thankfully it was already at the smouldering stage so she hadn't had to wait long before quenching the coals. Making extra sure to stir the campfire to put out any embers, double checking to make sure it was cold. With her job done she'd quickly headed back to the closest town, planning to catch a Corviknight Taxi to Jumpy's grandparent's farm after getting the directions.

"Heya Jumpy!" she'd eventually shouted, waving her hand in the direction of what she was fairly sure was the farm, having eventually touched down in Littleroot—thanking the taxi driver, of course—though she couldn't quite see her friend despite calling out her affectionate nickname for him. She'd been trodding down a path, her usual Perrserker in tow, yet accompanied by the Pokémon Egg in her arms that she'd found boundless curiosity for.

[newclass=.freezybunger b]color:#f099aa[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Alfonz

He, Him, His
August 4
Rustboro City
Curious
Busboy, Ranch Hand
Cadet
18 height
18 height
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alfonz
Aedan Quigley
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 6:04:27 GMT
Aedan Quigley Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,farmhand]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
tonight

[attr=class,lyric2]
we are young

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]Aedan steps out of the shower after reaching for a towel, and after drying himself, pulls a shirt over his ruffled tangle of orange before slipping into a worn pair of denims he's just about outgrown. Ecstatic to see Cat's response once he checks his phone again, he sends her the only directions she'll need to find their farm:[break][break]

AEDAN [5:21AM] >>It's near Littleroot, it has a big windmill ya can see from reeeeaaal far away; ya cant miss it! lmk if u get lost
[break]

With a satisfied grin he grabs a freshly cleaned pail and a woven basket, then heads outside hoping to get some of his more difficult chores out of the way: Trimming the Gogoat's hooves, picking weeds out of the garden, fetching water and collecting the eggs. But that was just for starters. And it was all in a day's work.[break][break]

Aedan had moved on to one of the more tedious tasks of sweeping the porch and raking the leaves into a pile when he allowed his gaze to be averted skyward, catching a glimpse of a silhouette against the ardent sunlight. Ooh, a Corviknight Taxi! I wanna try one of those someday. He continues to whittle away at his chores while the heat wears on him, and so he takes his shirt off and wraps it over his head for relief, revealing the pink-and-white contrast of his farmer's tan.[break][break]

He's busy pumping water to get a drink for himself—it's thirsty work—when a call goes out, and he looks up to see Cat heading in his direction by the roadside. The slight pout he'd been forming suddenly vanishes as he excitedly rushes over to her, dropping the pail of water with a *clang* followed by a sloshing sound. "Caaat!"[break][break]

He's surprised to see how much she's carrying around after he notices the Perrserker striding along beside her. "You guys found us pretty easy, huh?"[break][break]

He watches on with starry eyes, hoping to be regaled with a tale of their journey.

tags @cat[break]
"FARMER'S TAN" bingo prompt
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MILKING MILTANKS

[attr=class,farmhandcredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.farmhand .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .accentborder, .farmhand .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .accenttext, .farmhand .bulk b, .farmhand .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/g2t7i8.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .lyric1, .farmhand .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .lyric1 div, .farmhand .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 22px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.farmhand .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhandcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhandcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 8:44:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

With an ecstatic response from Aedan, she'd swerved her head about to figure out just where he was coming from, eventually waving to him like crazy after spotting the boy! "Heya! You look all silly and stuff! Is it that tough and strenuous? I've got sunscreen if you need some!" she'd said with a giggle, pointing out the funny tan Aedan had gotten and his overall getup, though genuinely offering some sunscreen in case he'd felt the need for it.[break][break]

"Yup! I think I nearly scared the Corviknight when I saw the windmill, I kind of caused a bit of an uproar... ahaha..." she said with a silly smile, though she'd paused for a moment before plopping her fist against her open hand, remembering something she'd wanted to know, "what's l-m-k mean?" she'd asked curiously. She didn't seem to be very shorthand savvy, something that had come from her overall oddity, she hadn't actually spent much time making many friends in Galar, and was used to showing up and asking them things in person rather than over the phone with how energetic she was. Nonetheless, she'd tilted her head, curious for a response.[break][break]

"By the by! Check out this egg! I've been taking care of it! What do you think's in it?!" she'd asked with excitement, pointing out the mystery pokémon egg wrapped in her arms, almost hopping with excitement, the act ever more so clear from the jingling of her mess kit and cookset in her backpack.

close tab

played by

Alfonz

He, Him, His
August 4
Rustboro City
Curious
Busboy, Ranch Hand
Cadet
18 height
18 height
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alfonz
Aedan Quigley
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 13:41:58 GMT
Aedan Quigley Avatar
[attr=class,farmhand]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
tonight

[attr=class,lyric2]
we are young

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]Aedan felt his cheek pouches puff up in a pout at Cat's remark. "Ranchin' ain't easy! I've been at it since a little after I texted you..." He saunters around on his jelly legs, feeling a little faint in the harsh sunlight. It's not enough to keep him down, but it wears on him. Taking a moment to look down at his skin, Aedan peels at his waistband enough to see the contrast between sunburned and pallid skin tones.[break][break]

"I should be okay, thanks though!"[break][break]

Aedan balled his right fist and brought it down into the palm of his left hand, eyes lighting up in response to Cat's question regarding his shorthand over text earlier that morning. "Oh, it means 'let me know'."[break][break]

It caught him off guard that she hadn't known that, but it wasn't the most surprising thing he'd learned today. More specifically, Cat called his attention to the egg she'd brought with her. "Oh woooooooooow! Where'd ya get that!?" Totes jelly.[break][break]

Aedan examines the mottled exterior of its shell before declaring: "It's hard ta say! Its shell would normally clue ya in, but this one could be anythin'." Typically a purebred pokemon egg would present an eggshell resembling the species it would hatch into, but when they were blotchy and undefined like this, it generally meant the parents belonged to separate species sharing an egg group; his Grandpa knew way more about it than him, though they'd have to find him first.[break][break]

"We should go find my Pap, he'll be able to tell us, and he'll prolly wanna meet ya!~" Aedan approached Cat and tried to lead her by the wrist, taking a hold of her hand and directing her towards the ranch house further in the property.

tags @cat[break]
"CHEEK POUCH" bingo prompt
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MILKING MILTANKS

template by punki

[newclass=.farmhand .accentborder, .farmhand .bulk i]border-color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .accenttext, .farmhand .bulk b, .farmhand .bottom-text span a]color: #b9b9b9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://img.nickpic.host/g2t7i8.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .lyric1, .farmhand .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #242424; opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .lyric1 div, .farmhand .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 22px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.farmhand .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhand .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhandcredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.farmhandcredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 0:01:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Cat grinned, laughing a little as Aedan finally seemed to notice his tan, she was pretty much ready to pull out the aforementioned sunscreen at a moments notice, though seemed glad she didn't have to fumble around with the egg in tow.[break][break]

"Oh! I kinda recently got it after this big ol' Halloween contest!" she'd quickly replied, raising the egg up to inspect it a little more herself at eye level, she just couldn't figure out what it was hiding inside the egg. Though with her innate curiosity, she'd smiled, getting all happy and excited at the idea of what mystery pokémon may hatch from it.[break][break]

She'd looked to follow Aedan, happy to try and figure out just what kind of egg was in her care, though she'd noticed something amiss! "Hey... Jumpy?" She'd looked to grab the boy's attention, off in the distance noticing something odd, "are those Wooloo okay?" she'd pointed to a mass of white clumps in the distance—assuming them to be the fluffy sheep pokémon native to Galar, who even from this distance seemed distressed, as if some dark figure was chasing them around.

close tab

played by

Alfonz

He, Him, His
August 4
Rustboro City
Curious
Busboy, Ranch Hand
Cadet
18 height
18 height
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alfonz
Aedan Quigley
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 6:05:33 GMT
Aedan Quigley Avatar
[attr=class,farmhand]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
tonight

[attr=class,lyric2]
we are young

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]"Huwaaa?" Aedan had been a little distracted, taking a moment to find the Wooloo Cat was talking about. As it so happened they weren't even meant to be running about with their full coats; his Pap should have been sheering them at some point, but none of them looked to have been so much as trimmed. "—Pap?!" His breath stilled.[break][break]

Taking off without another word, bounding through the layout of the farm that lie between them and the Wooloo, Aedan worried for his Pap in light of his age. And it was exactly like he said before: Ranching wasn't easy, but his Pap was the best there was. If the Wooloo were running amok without his Pap in sight... something was amiss.[break][break]

Aedan would arrive at the scene and find not his Pap, but the Wooloo being harried by a Lycanroc nipping at their heels. A pity he hadn't a pokemon on him, so Aedan did the next best thing and grabbed a loose stone left in the yard. "Hey, you bingus!"[break][break]

Pelting it on the side of its ribs, Aedan earned only its ire. *Gulp*

tags @cat[break]
"WOLF & LAMB" bingo prompt
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MILKING MILTANKS

template by punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 2:28:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Cat had ran after Aedan, hurrying along, worried along with Aedan about any possible dangers to the pokémon and Aedan's grandpa, a little careful for the egg in her care but remaining quick and brisk despite it, steady and balanced from all the terrains she'd explored in her life. Though upon seeing the Lycanroc and Aedan further ahead due to her need to be careful, she'd realised she wasn't going to get to Aedan in time, with some quick thinking held back only a moment by her fumbling with one hand for her poké ball whilst balancing the egg, the pink-haired trainer had tossed a ball past Aedan, a Flareon bursting out from the ball.[break][break]

"Melys! Scare it off with a Will-o-Wisp and a Lava Plume!" Cat had called out, ominous flames surrounding the wild wolf pokémon, followed almost immediately by a torrent of flame and smoke. She'd acted hastily, but with her current set of pokémon on hand, and the distance between her and her friend, this was the best she could do to help, the rest of her pokémon either close combatants or the destructive nature of their attacks far more likely to damage the farmlands in her attempt to scare off the Lycanroc.

close tab

played by

Alfonz

He, Him, His
August 4
Rustboro City
Curious
Busboy, Ranch Hand
Cadet
18 height
18 height
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alfonz
Aedan Quigley
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 5:24:13 GMT
Aedan Quigley Avatar
[attr=class,farmhand]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
tonight

[attr=class,lyric2]
we are young

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]"Woah, that's hot..." Aedan felt the heat radiating from the attacks, although the Lycanroc seemed to be shrugging it off for the moment. When the flames eventually subsided (as Cat had been mindful not to damage the farm), the creature looked ready to approach them. It took a few steps towards Aedan, prompting him to take a half-step backwards. That's when his Pap showed up brandishing a walking stick, a tired old coot of a Zangoose at his side. "Heyyy!!! Aaayay!!!"[break][break]

Outnumbered and disadvantaged, the beast sprinted for the woods. Aedan took a moment before filling his lungs, realizing he'd frozen up and even stopped breathing for a moment. "Are you two alright," his Pap would ask frantically, eyes flicking between them to scrutinize any scrapes, marks or bruises that may be present.[break][break]

"Y-yeah, Pap... What happened?" His Pap would explain to both of them that the Lycanroc showed up while the pokemon were out of the pen, and that his Pap was busy shepherding the bulk of their Wooloo into an unused barn before returning with his Zangoose. Since they hadn't been sheared yet, the Wooloo were mostly unharmed, though his Pap had perhaps acted callously to preserve the bulk of the flock while ostensibly sacrificing the handful that had run off with the Lycanroc nipping at their heels. But that was ranch life, sometimes. Maybe if he was a couple decades younger...[break][break]

Flash forward a few minutes, and Cat and Aedan are accompanying his Pap to the corral after shutting away the runaway Wooloo in the barn until he can repair the fence near the woods. But first, they needed to catch up on some other chores. The Miltank needed milked if they were going to have dinner, let alone enough for their breakfast tomorrow. There are two stools and his Pap sits on a stump, and the Miltank begin approaching them when Aedan notices a bump on his grandpa's head. "Pap..."[break][break]

"Hmm?" He notices Aedan staring keenly at the swelling lump. "Oh, this? It's nothin', son. I was a lil' too fast on m' feet goin' for my belt, that I had a bit of a slip in the mud. I'm fine." Even so, Aedan couldn't help but worry, dwelling on his parents' interjections as to his grandpa's health. His thread was beginning to thin, see...[break][break]

But they all had some milking to do, so he got right to it. "Have you ever milked a Miltank before, Cat?" She seemed more the adventuring, roaming type, so he decided to offer some friendly advice. "Ya don't gotta be super gentle, they're o' bit ticklish, so once they get on over to ya, just squeeze 'em 'til they run dry!"[break][break]

Demonstrably he did just as he suggested, though he missed the pail by a mile.

tags @cat[break]
"WOLF & LAMB" bingo prompt
[attr=class,bottom-text]
MILKING MILTANKS

template by punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
for all it's worth [m]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 2:30:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

The young explorer had been a little nervous—after all, even if she'd tried her best to minimize it, she still did technically set fire to a part of the pasture... even if it was the safest bet she really had. Nonetheless, it seemed Cat had held her breath in worry the entire time, breathing a sigh of relief and nearly crumpling from the lack of oxygen when it seemed she wouldn't be told off for it, but regardless she apologised.[break][break]

"I'm really sorry about the damage to the grass!" she'd said, bowing her head as she apologised to Aedan's grandfather.[break][break]

"I've never actually... I mean one of my cousins in Turffield had a farm, but I only really got to play with the Ponytas and Rapidash there!" she said with a smile, though she'd giggled when Aedan had completely missed the pail. Nonetheless, even if she was a complete newbie to it, she'd felt bad to not take over for Aedan's grandpa, trying out milking the Miltanks. It was... an odd experience but she'd slowly gotten the hang of it, not exactly a natural, but she certainly tried her best and managed to fill up a pail or two, a puzzled but focused look on her face as she did so.[break][break]

"this is actually... kinda fun?" she'd remarked, laughing as she turned to Aedan with a silly smile!