TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
falling for you
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 4:20:38 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He hummed pensively.[break]
He glared pensively.[break][break]

At what, specifically? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, save for the ceiling above him, and occasionally, the blades of the fan as it whirred some ways above him from the corner of his eye. The television sounded off within its programs and other shows not too far away, as well, but every time he glanced towards the screen, he found his attention faltering and straying off towards the nearest display of time, instead, regardless of the location. The clock on the wall? The occasional display in the corner of the screen?[break][break]

It hadn’t mattered, and he sighed.[break][break]

In some other parallel multiverse, he would’ve stayed on that couch and probably fallen asleep- but this wasn’t that universe. So, he stretched one of his arms as the other hooked around, and as he set his eyes upon a smaller staircase some ways away, he ran a hand through his hair while continuing forward.[break][break]

”Heeeey, Daph…?” he called out, a tired yawn filtering into the latter tail of his tone. ”I have a questioooon..”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
born into this dying world, its time is up
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
falling for you
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2021 20:04:29 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

ever the busy body, she is. this time around, her eye were fixated on the paper of an outfit to be inspired by the curious, alphabetical shape of an unown (an outfit meant for formal events, of course, though she did consider taking inspiration from them to try and implement into office attire) that she doesn't notice the man's initial call to her name. it takes a moment for her to snap out of her daze to raise her head from the table, and the pattering of her footsteps could be heard as she casually walked down. [break][break]

she could put work aside for now.[break][break]

"yes, calix?" her voice chirps up at she reaches the bottom of the staircase "did you need something?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
my head grew heavy, and my sight grew dim— i had to stop for the night
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
falling for you
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 5:47:27 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Ah. She was already walking down to meet him.[break]
The stars aligned. Perfect.[break][break]

Having already moved up partway along the staircase, he merely paused where he was while looking up towards her upon arrival. ”Oh, look at that. She actually left her desk~,” he hummed, the corners of his lips tugging gently as a chuckle left his lips, all the while. Turning around, he began to make his way back down not too long after she’d reached the bottom floor. His mouth opened with the intention of responding, but all that left his lips had been a sudden, screaming yelp as he felt his weight suddenly shift as his foot slipped at the edge of one of the steps.[break][break]

He fell down the remaining stairs.[break]
Ungracefully.[break][break]

Absolutely ungracefully.

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
falling for you
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 8:23:35 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

only he could make her come from her room and rest from a long day of work. [break][break]

though she still finds his presence slightly foreign - what with her inability to communicate with men - he always made her feel more.. comfortable? always at ease, warm, like he were a will-o-wisp that hovered by her, just for her, but thinking that is probably too selfish and greedy. she's content enough seeing the smile that greets her. she begins to turn away from the stairs--[break][break]

until she hears the thud that follows a bear-like man as he slipped down the stairs. [break][break]

and she, ever the victim, stands at the bottom, all at the mercy of a man as he ungracefully tumbles down. she knows she won't be able to catch him, but her instincts will damn well make her try - unsuccessfully, of course - following a yelp of "calix!"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
falling for you
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 19:21:49 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

He gave a quiet, chuckling groan while beginning to shift. Placing his hands upon the ground (and not without glancing up to spy her with arms outstretched from moments before impact), he took a deep breath prior to sitting up. ”I’m fine, I’m fiiine…” he spoke with a vague wheeze within his tone. A wryly amused smile tugged upon his lips as he gently pressed a hand against a sore spot, rubbing it. ”Just a little fall. I’m good. Definitely good~...”[break][break]

Nevermind the wince as he pressed a bit too hard.[break]
Woe be him.[break][break]

His lips pressed flatly together, and he squinted at nothing in particular as he gauged the pain, and before long, he looked up at her before holding his hands up. He waved them at her lazily, tilting his head. ”Help me uuuup, though~.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
falling for you
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 21:57:58 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

hopeless. [break][break]

".. you are absolutely hopeless~.." she mutters with a smile, lowering her gaze to him before taking one of his arms with both her hands, attempting to pull the large man back up onto his feet. it'd be easier with her garchomp, but she fears that the dragon would be a bit too big, and it'd be a bit too excessive. [break][break]

when he stands, she moves a bit to take a look around him "are you hurt anywhere?" she asks, more worried if anything "if you are, i can call for pearl to try and heal you."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
falling for you
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 3:20:12 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

A gentle snort sounded from him, and he quirked his lip gently in amusement while shifting his weight as best as he could in tandem with the pull. His feet shifted beneath him in order to lift himself accordingly, and even when he’d found himself standing properly once more, he made a subtle, subconscious decision to hold onto her arm, even then. ”Eh. Maybe I am~.”[break][break]

He shrugged, only letting her arm go to gently pat her shoulder, allowing his hand to linger for a while more.[break][break]

”It’s a good thing I have you to lift me back up, then~. ...Both, uh...literally and metaphorically.”[break][break]

Following that, however, he inhaled deeply, sighing while pulling his hand back. Giving his shoulders a quick roll, he shook his head ”...I already told you I’m fine, though. I mean it~.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
falling for you
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2022 4:43:58 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

he's hopeless. [break][break]

but she smiles all the same. maybe she's found herself at the mercy of his antics. he insists that he's alright, and she hopes that's all it is; tumbling down the stairs isn't exactly a painless experience after all. anxiety fuels her need to quickly glance around him, hoping to check for any wounds - with the knowledge that if there were, they'd be bruises under his clothing (but we don't disclose why she would take a good look at him. that's for another time). [break][break]

"if you insist." her shoulders fall at a sigh. instead she raises a hand to his shoulder, hoping to dust off his shirt after the fall. "what was it that you wanted to ask me?"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
falling for you
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2022 7:21:36 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

…What he wanted to ask her?[break]
Oh, what did he want to ask her?[break][break]

Maybe it was just the impact of the fall that completely obliterated whatever he intended to bring to her attention, or Hell- maybe it was the smile (rare and reserved, he learned over time, but still present) upon her lips that distracted him long enough for the subject he had in mind to absolutely escape without any hope of getting it to return anytime soon. He eyed her as she hastily and worriedly glance over his being, smiling softly in appreciation and defeat as he found a speck of warmth dwindling within him at the concern for his well being. After the fact, his gaze trailed after her hand as she reached out to rest it upon his shoulder, and after a few moments’ worth of time of peering upon it after it found its landing, he turned his attention towards her, instead.[break][break]

”...Not gonna lie…?” he started off with a low hum. ”Kinda feels like I forgot…”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
falling for you
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 8:05:24 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

".. you forgot?" [break][break]

her brows furrow, out of concern. daphne raises her hand to gently press against the side of his head, leaning up to try and get a better look. "you didn't hit your head too hard, did you...?" her lip quirks down, and she pulls herself onto her toes. "i really might bring pearl out to check if anything is wrong--"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
falling for you
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 8:22:49 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

…She was so endearing like this.[break][break]

An amused, yet exasperated sigh left his lips as he narrowed his eyes, squinting at her as she sought to further examine him. ”Come ooon, I’m fine, Daph…” he laughed, shaking his head with a grin. He reached up, gently poking the tip of his index finger against her forehead in a playful manner. ”Short term memory is a thing, y’know. Don’t throw yourself through a wall over it~.”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
falling for you
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 22:06:29 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

this was no laughing matter, but..[break][break]

"if you insist.." she smiles, defeated. maybe she's only fretting a tad bit too much. but now she's away from her desk, and she doesn't think she can go back to working (and though he tells her that he's okay, that won't stop her from subconsciously worrying about his condition, now. it makes her stomach feel uneasy), and instead, she raises a hand to attempt to hold onto his, pushing it down from her forehead. [break][break]

"since i'm away from my desk now.. perhaps we could lounge and chat?" the woman tilts her head "we still have time until dinner, no? and it would be a waste to laze around alone on our day off~."

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
falling for you
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2022 8:17:02 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

Although he watched her hand as it traveled, he couldn’t help but ponder for just a moment or two more before narrowing his eyes and smiling a bit more. Azure hues remained upon her hand as she reached for his, and as he returned the hold accordingly, he brought his gaze back to hers as he tightened his fingers around hers softly. ”...You look so reluctant to let it go~...” he laughed softly, gently lowering their hands and swinging them slightly and lazily as he eyed her. ”It really is fine. I’d make it clear if it wasn’t~.”[break][break]

As if to further insist and comfort her on the matter, he lifted their hands against for just a moment, planting a kiss over her knuckles before lowering them, once more. ”...That aside, though, that sounds a good a plan as any…” he mused on, tilting his head with a hum. ”...Not every day you don’t just go straight back to work. I’d be stupid not to take you up on that~...”

[break]

close tab

played by

Nano

daph
She/Her
thirty-two
september 20
rustboro
Demisexual
Fashion Designer
rising star
awards
329 posts
DAPHNE STONE DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @daphne
DAPHNE STONE
falling for you
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 5:25:22 GMT
DAPHNE STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

if she pushes it anymore, it might get annoying. so, with a heavy heart, she backs off from pressing it too hard.[break][break]

so with a small smile on her lips, she tightens the hold slightly, firming her grip whilst raising herself onto her toes to give a man a quick peck to his lips. soft, quick, yet lovingly all the same. "actually.." she pauses, as to think ".. i heard that there was an annual night market opening up tonight? it isn't too far, so we can go there and take a look at what they have to offer~"

close tab

played by

Liekos

He/Him
March 16th
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Demisexual
Special Ops
Sergeant
awards
163 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calix
Calix Nikolau
falling for you
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 5:41:02 GMT
Calix Nikolau Avatar
[nospaces]

With raising cheeks in the midst of a broadening smile, he leaned in faintly and gently upon noting her doing so first, gladly relishing and returning the touch of her lips against his own, regardless of how short lived it may have been. His eyes closed as swiftly as it had begun and ended, and as she began to speak once more, he opened his eyes, vaguely, in order to gaze narrowly upon her.[break][break]

”...Not only do I have you away from your desk, but you’re actually offering to go out somewhere~? Arceus really must be smiling down on me tonight~...” A laugh escaped his lips as they quirked to a side in what could only be loving amusement. His gaze remained trained upon her for a moment’s worth of thought before he shrugged, nodding. ”Night market or whatever else, it’d be a date, anyways. If that’s what you wanna do, I’m game~.”

[break]