Rustic Roast

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rustic Roast
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2021 0:55:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

[attr="class","freezybunger"]

Cat had sighed comfortably, a nice simple and lazy afternoon camping as the trainer usually enjoyed! Still plenty bright out though she couldn't help but hunker down here, having found a nice spot to camp in a clearing by the sandy beach down below, it hadn't been particularly windy either so she could enjoy the view without too much hassle.[break][break]

She'd been busy with Björn collecting firewood and more importantly autumnal leaves for a little special something! Collecting chestnuts alongside them. She'd had food on her mind, having recently read about something she wanted to try. Making it back to camp, her Litten and Flareon nestled around the Egg she'd left in their care, she'd slowly began to set up the campfire, throwing in the chestnuts wrapped in foil alongside a handful of other foil-wrapped lumps before stoking the flame.[break][break]

The young trainer had been a practiced young girl, while it was easier to use a fire starter or one of her fire pokémon, she'd enjoyed starting a flame this way anyway, working her flame up from a single ember caused by friction from drilling a stick against a log with her hands, culturing it while keeping it aerated in kindling, and working her way up to the eventual campfire, sitting cozily by the flame. Waiting a little longer with some skewers and marshmallows sitting on the side ready to cook.

[newclass=.freezybunger b]color:#f099aa[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Rustic Roast
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 15:51:24 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Route 115 just so happened to be one the ranger was familiar with since long before becoming a ranger, for it was one she had known well since she was a child. A route right by the city where she had grown up, one that’s filled with nostalgic memories even on afternoons like this one.
[break][break]
Sitting sidesaddle-style on the back of her Zebstrika, Lia rode closer to the shore, her gold-coloured gaze watching their surroundings in search for anything unusual. Up above, a Decidueye soared. They were supposed to be patrolling, but having done enough patrols ever since first becoming a cadet, she could already tell she’d probably find nothing out of the ordinary.
[break][break]
Except perhaps for the smoke of a campfire.
[break][break]
Which, admittedly, was also ordinary, although still potentially dangerous if left unattended by the campers…
[break][break]
That’s why she guided her Zebstrika to approach, intending to check things out, but instead of disaster, what Lia found was a young trainer enjoying herself by the side of a campfire. The sight made her smile.
[break][break]
”Hey! How’s it going?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","rigidtag"]@cat

[attr="class","rigidpokes"][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rustic Roast
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 6:15:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Cat had found herself feeling a little peckish earlier than she'd thought, reaching over for the bag of marshmallows, and opening it up, happily grabbing a couple to pop into her mouth. The young trainer had found herself enjoying the moment a little too much, lost in the sauce simple flavour of the marshmallows practically melting in her mouth to have noticed the sound of trodding hooves—a sound that practically all of her pokémon present had been alerted to.[break][break]

The sudden intrusion of a voice calling out had surprised the pink-haired trainer, who'd jumped ever so slightly, turning to see the source of the voice, greeting what seemed to be a ranger of sorts and her Zebstrika with the childish and innocent visage of a young girl who'd been enjoying a quick snack, her cheeks puffed up like a Skwovet's Cheek Pouches with a curious "Hm...?" before turning back away, slightly embarrassed to have shown such a face to someone as she hurried to swallow down her snack, nearly choking in her panic, grasping for her bottle to drink down the blockage.[break][break]

Coughing somewhat and fully embarrassed, she'd smiled up at the ranger, "hi!" Cat had called out in a rather chipper tone—though one that would have been noticeably less joyous to anyone who knew the young girl's usual hyper attitude.[break][break]

"I was just making myself some lunch! I've got marshmallows for s'mores, some skewers... oh, and some sweet potatoes and chestnuts somewhere in there!" Cat explained with more enthusiasm, a soft, happy yet voracious smile on her face as she explained the things she was making. Though she'd jumped to alert once again as a wonderful idea came to mind, "Ooooh, oooh! Would you like some chestnuts and sweet potatoes?! They should be ready real soon!" Cat said with a giddy smile, properly standing up after having been sitting down then crouched all this time, dusting herself off a little.

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Rustic Roast
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 11:09:14 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

There was once a time when Lia would have envied a girl who could do things like these: who could go out camping in the wilderness all on her own while being no more than a teen. It was the sort of thing she sometimes dreamt of back when she was busy with studying and sports and clubs and all of those things that occupied her time back in highschool, but now that so many years had passed, the feelings that rose at the sight were much different from that.
[break][break]
A slight concern, even if it looked like this girl could handle herself just fine.
[break][break]
Happiness when seeing just how excited and cheerful this girl seemed, almost as if it were a contagious feeling.
[break][break]
Surprise, because she hadn’t come here expecting an invitation, yet the offer had still been made all the same.
[break][break]
”Oh… Are you sure? I wouldn’t want to impose.” Her response came with a smile, yet despite her words, her Zebstrika stepped forward without need for a command – drawn by the delightful scent coming from the campfire. At this, Lia couldn’t help but laugh. ”Sorry about that, I guess Strike is hungry.”
[break][break]
Just as she said this, her Decidueye perched itself on a nearby branch, right by the camp.

[break][break]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rustic Roast
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2021 0:24:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Cat smiled brightly, a soft little 'heehee' welling up from the pink-haired girl as she saw the ranger's pokémon betray its trainer's courtesy.[break][break]

"It's no problem! Really! I've got plenty of food!" she'd jubilantly declared, happy to share the bounties of nature she'd had cooking, and whatever else if the ranger stayed, to be fair, with how close she was to the city, and with some help from her pokémon, she'd brought quite a lot of supplies out for her cozy camp, an entire cooler full of different things stored nearby, "oooh, by the way, you can call me Cat! The sleepy one's Björn, and those two over there are Melys and Sunny!" Cat smiled, pointing at the Perrserker, then the Flareon & Litten respectively, her Perrserker having taken a nap after seeing that the stranger seemed friendly, and the other two remaining close by the Egg she'd left in their care.[break][break]

"Have you ever had roast chestnuts and sweet potatoes before? I've never had the potatoes so I'm kind of excited for this!" the young trainer giggled, scrounging nearby for a pair of cotton BBQ gloves, putting them on quickly, with the smouldering kindling, she'd brushed them off, searching for shimmers of foil to locate the roasted prizes in her campfire, her hands darting through to keep them from getting burnt, she'd pulled out about a total of fifteen things wrapped in foil, placing them on a large stone she'd been using as a make-shift table. She'd turned to smile at the ranger, "we should let them cool first! They'll still be really hot inside though... so be careful!" she'd offered, setting aside three of the yams—their skins slightly burnt and reddish purple, and the flesh golden, and sure to still be steaming hot after being broken open—still wrapped in the foil.

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Rustic Roast
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 18:48:17 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Cat. Björn. Melys. Sunny.
[break][break]
One by one, the names were registered just as golden eyes wandered from the young trainer to her pokémon, the etymology of each playfully popping up in her mind just as it often happened whenever meeting someone new. Did she care too much about all of that? Yes, and Lia knew as much, which was why she also knew not to bother the girl with asking why she chose said nicknames even if it may have sparked her interest.
[break][break]
She simply jumped down from Strike’s back instead, lovingly patting the Zebstrika’s side before going to take a seat by the campfire. ”Those are cute names. It’s nice to meet you, Cat… I’m Amelia, but most people call me Lia. The Zebstrika is Strike and the Decidueye perched over there is Juniper.”
[break][break]
Juniper, as in one of the likely root words of Junaiper. The same convention followed when naming all of her pokémon.
[break][break]
”Oh, that sounds great! I’ve had sweet potatoes before, but never made at a campfire… Honestly, I’m awful at campfire cooking.” It was slightly embarrassing to admit that to a child, but she chuckled all the same, watching as Cat methodically worked on removing the foil-wrapped goods from the fire.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Rustic Roast
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2022 1:44:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

What a wonderful world!

Cat had smiled, "it's nice to meet you, Miss Lia!" she'd resounded cheerily, with a child-like proud smile, "I think Strike and Juniper are adorable names too!" she'd added on. Despite her own warning, Cat had ended up a little caught up on the introductions, mindlessly fumbling for one of the sweet potatoes—which, to her credit, the foil at least had cooled enough to touch, yet when she'd gone to peel it off, she hadn't quite noticed how steaming hot it still had been.[break][break]

"Oh, campfire cooking's easy~ just gotta avoid doing anything too complicated at once or bring a burner...?!" it was at that moment that Cat had taken a bite out of the sweet potato after peeling at its skin—a simple task considering that the sheer heat had reduced the size of the inner flesh of the root, leaving a gap of air between it and its skin—that she'd realised her mistake, turning away from Miss Lia to avoid embarrassing herself further after the marshmallow incident, she'd desperately tried to cool down the chunk of sweet potato in her mouth, most certainly burning the roof of her mouth in the process.[break][break]

Ultimately she'd given up and washed it down with a hearty gulp of water, sighing with relief before a pause.[break][break]

"... sorry about that, but uh... anyway, the trick was to uh, break it down into easy steps and be mindful, really. Not too different from regular cooking!" she'd said cheerily, laughing away her own embarrassment.