awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 19:59:44 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

It was impossible to guess how much time had passed since she'd lost consciousness, but it couldn't have been more than a few hours at best, the dark of night still very much present around them. A faint light called her to attention but only worsened the pounding pain in her head, most-likely the aftermath of the Confuse Ray used on her prior; it felt like she had a most nasty migraine on her hands, but she forced herself to open her eyes again.

The faint light turned out to be a small bonfire, kept alight by a figure that took a few moments more to identify as human. Brynn grunted softly as she stirred, trying to sit up, and felt most of her worries fade away when she felt Bell's form curled up against her. Although he seemed fine and merely asleep, Brynn couldn't help but pray that he hadn't sustained any major wounds from their encounter with the lot of Pokémon earlier. "W-what happened...?" she asked the woman at the fire, carefully, yet grateful, since at first glance the stranger had seemed to have taken care of them after she had lost consciousness.

~Thread: Cozy by fire
~Prayers

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 20:57:58 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Shh, don’t overdo it my dear,” Violet said, soothingly, while reaching over and trying to help this woman sit up a little better, if that was what she was going for there. Her movements, as always, were gentle and refined, much like the way she was sitting nearby while tending to the fire. Her shiny Rattata was at her side, but all the other Pokemon had been recalled by now. Of course, they were. After all, to this stranger, it would certainly seem as if these were two completely different encounters. Which, naturally, was the point of it all. This was the to be the result of any prayers for help the other may have sent to the heavens during the ordeal she'd gone through. And Vio was the goddess that had heard them.
[break][break]
Violet added a light, yet weary-seeming smile. “It seems like some Pokemon have done a number on you. Are you hurt? I set up camp mostly around you since I couldn’t drag you all that far, but, um, I wasn’t exactly able to check on you properly.” Mostly because it was dark. And a massive invasion of privacy, certainly not suitable for children either. Though that also meant that she hadn’t exactly cleaned up the woman after she’d been pulled through damp grass. In contrast to Violet’s pristine condition, the woman certainly was in a sorry state. As she should be. Though her enjoyment of that just made her briefly incline her head with a friendly smile instead of anything others could discern.
[break][break]

+ prayers

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
Through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 21:46:47 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

The other seemed rather concerned, worried about Brynn's physical state of being as she helped her sit up straight. Despite the oh-so simple movement she was trying to pull off, Brynn was still grateful for the help, her body feeling like she'd just ran three marathons in a row. "I'm fine, thank you," she nodded softly, waving away any other worries. The fact she mentioned that she couldn't drag her all the way up made the violet-haired woman aware of the dirt on her skin and clothes; she tried to ever so subtly rub the dirt off of her, not wanting to look like she'd gotten a farmer's tan through the most unconditional of means. "Just hurt what little pride I had left, I suppose. But, those pokémon... I hope they didn't give you too much trouble? A-are they still around?" Brynn tried to turn a little bit too quickly, wincing as a jolt of pain tore its way through her head. Nope. Sudden movements were a bad idea.

~Farmer's tan

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 17:37:18 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Violet did not really know what a farmer’s tan was, really, but that was to be expected given her current role being played and, well, her everything. But she didn’t hear that anyway. Instead, she heard something that presented an amazing opening for some teasing. “T-they hurt your pride? I didn’t see any signs of this when I found you, so they probably have some decency at least but…I am truly sorry for you.”
[break][break]
And yes, she very much only said that in order to hopefully first confuse the other, then make her picture what she meant. It was a simple tactic maybe, but it was highly effective in taking more control of the conversation – and to gauge what kind of person the other was. “And no, I think they all left after they had their way with you. Fortunately. I wouldn’t know what I would have done to them otherwise.” Probably chided them for not returning to their Pokeballs. But it was still technically true. The best kind of true.
[break][break]

+farmers tan

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 21:13:59 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"W-what?" There was visible confusion on her face when the young woman stated she was truly sorry for them having hurt her pride. That they at least had some 'decency'. "What do you even think they- no! My god! Why would you even think that?!" Brynn almost exclaimed, immediately regretting it as she triggered her headache further and winced. When the pain resided she'd just look at the woman warily, not even quite sure what she was supposed to think right now.

Was it a play of words? Had she just misunderstood? Or did she actually outright mean what she said, in which she had to admit that if it were the case, the pale-haired young woman had quite the blunt force behind her words. Realising she was just going with the flow a bit too much, Brynn corrected herself and cleared her thoughts once more. Now was not the time to get confused about wordings and whatnot! "A-anyway! They just gave me a good beating, is all." Yes. Smooth as a brick wall. And for a mind having misunderstood the context for a split second, even the words she spoke herself now came with their own layer of ambiguous thoughts. She'd just end up facing the fire, letting out a deep sigh as she leant her head against her knees. Could tonight get any worse than this?

Probably.

~Blunt Force

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 22:05:01 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Blunt force? Well, compared to the lines she was given to work with, they were certainly cat’s paws, really. A good beating, eh? She could imagine just what that could entail. However, she had seen the real thing, so not only could she not commit to that fantasy, she had to hard disagree. They got her a bit dizzy until she fell down like a klutz. That was literally all there was to it. Or at least, that would be the story told to a judge in the absolute worst-case scenario. Not that she would ever let it come to that, of course.
[break][break]
But instead of ruminating on that, Violet gave a faux relieved exhale. “Well, that is good then. Well, better at least. Can’t really call it good at all.” She shook her head, though she was not actually scolding her Pokemon at all there. They’d done a great job here. “But it is all fine now. Whichever Pokemon did that, they are not here. But me and my Rattata will protect you, that much is for sure.” Vio made sure to put some pep into these words, as if she actually meant them. Sure, she’d throw that woman under the bus in a heartbeat if necessary, but she was definitely up to the task of protecting her from other Pokemon that posed no actual danger. That was, quite literally, the least she could do in that regard.
[break][break]

+ blunt force

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2021 22:29:05 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

Heh. Protect her with a rattata? How quaint. Said the woman who got her ass handed to her by pokémon just being sneaky and ganging up on her in an almost playful way, at least in comparison to what they put the poor Ponyta through. Or, well, thought moreso than said. And even then she was very much not in the position to make such assumptions, as she knew nothing of the woman and her small companion. Even if they sucked at battles and the like -little did she know that was all but true- they'd still excel in something she knew nothing about. A subtle promise was made right then and there, that the moment she'd get back to town she'd look into getting proper training done. Mock battles. Work-outs. Battle-related studies. The entire shebang. But until then she'd have to rely on the woman for support and protection --- although dearly hoping the latter would not be necessary.

"Thank you. I guess I'm pretty useless right now anyway, so any type of help is welcome, really." Brynn admitted softly, allowing herself to settle in more and enjoy the warmth of the fire now pleasantly cascading across her skin. Next to her Bell had started waking up as well, and was just snorting overly dramatically, as if it was trying to claim all of their attention. He'd even propped himself up enough to reveal a small pile of leaves between its front legs, that it had seemingly been using as a pillow of sorts to stay comfy. Though she wondered more where he'd gotten those leaves from as she gently ran her fingers through his manes and gave him a few scratches. "Hey little guy, you doing okay?" she'd mutter softly, looking at the Ponyta with great affection. Brynn would then turn back to her 'savior', and give her a sheepish smile. "Perhaps somewhat late of an introduction, but I'm Brynn. Might I know the name of my rescuer?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 15:10:26 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Violet, though most just call me Vio,” she replied, smiling and watchingthose two. It was a pretty mundane sight, but with that makeshift pillow made of a pile of leaves, it had a certain rustic charm to it. Rattata was already carefully approaching, to see just what was going on there. It didn’t have a big, fluffy mane to comb through, but it certainly enjoyed a scratch here or there. Though, incidentally, it did not know the move to begin with. That being said, she leaned back a little, placing her hands on her knees as she did so. Unlike the others, she had found a fallen-over part of log to sit on, which made her the highest of everyone assembled. It certainly was not for naught, of course. She was the one in charge of this situation. And she certainly hoped that everyone assembled would recognize that as well. In a subtle way, of course.
[break][break]
“I don’t think there is anyone in this world who truly is useless,” she then suddenly started to say. It was true, of course, but probably in a way that was quite different from how this might end up seeming to the other. “We all have other things we are good at. And, oftentimes, we only suck at something because we have not really given it a try yet, or have not been properly instructed. I am fairly sure you could even be of use to me if you so desired. All things are like that.” Besides, this Bryn person had already been rather useful in entertaining her so far. Even though that had been involuntary and certainly not what the other had set out to do, it was still something that had happened, after all.
[break][break]

+ pile of leaves

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 21:36:39 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"Vio." She'd repeat softly, filing the woman's name and face away in the back of her mind, with all the others she'd recently acquainted herself with. Eyeing the small Rattata carefully approaching, Brynn would extend her hand for it to sniff and get acquainted to her scent before offering it some scratches as well. Now it was close enough she realised its fur was in fact another color, and that it had not been the fire's reflection just making it seem as such. As she gave the shiny rodent some affection of its own to enjoy, she'd listen carefully as spoke, having to look up a little when facing her.

"Useful to you?" she questioned, then allowed herself a soft smile. "Well, I guess you're right. As long as it doesn't involve battles, that is. I kinda skipped out on that in favor of my studies and career, and… well, you see where that got me." she'd chuckle, leaning back as well to gaze upon the stars, yet would continue after a brief moment of silence. "Anyhow… now you mention me being of use; I do owe you a debt for helping me out earlier, so if there's anything I can be useful for anything in your eyes, do tell. If it is within my power, I'll definitely help."

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
I See Fire
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 22:28:31 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Heh. Going straight for the nickname. That woman certainly was something. As pathetic as she might seem, well, most of the time, she did seem like someone who was used to at least some measure of authority. Vio could not completely place it yet, not without some more conversation to breech some potential fields and topics, but she was fairly certain that this woman would probably make a suitable mark – if she cared about gains like that in this moment. But, for now, she just wanted her fun. Hence, she would simply use this person as her personal plaything. That was something priceless indeed.
[break][break]
Especially given that this woman was naïve enough that Vio could all but say that straight to the other’s face with her none the wiser. It was almost endearing, really. “Not everyone has to be good at battling, I guess. Society would be pretty screwed up if we truly had to be.” There was a smirk, though she was not quite sure if it truly was a joke. Getting involved with the Rocket-League conflict had taught her that even she needed to get better at fighting, after all. And her efforts so far had borne at least some fruit.
And this favour she’d gotten here, that was just delicious. Enough to make her briefly tap her lips. “Hmm, not sure I got anything on my mind right now. For now though, just rest up. I still have to help you get back to society unmolested, after all. It wouldn’t do to save you just for you to get lost again right after. I will do at least this much.”
[break][break]

+ ooc notes

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights