feels like home [ o ]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feels like home [ o ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 16:10:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

giselle was hunched over, hands scooping up some of the dirt on the pass and putting it into a little tube. she'd move to another area, scoop up more dirt, put it into another tube. anything to keep her hands busy and mind clear of the nightmares that she had been through. anything to keep her grounded.

you would think that after a consistent nightmare of continuously falling from this place she would want nothing to do with it. but there was too much to be done in the search for... whatever it was she needed. whatever it was she wanted. it was just... something.

and dirt samples seemed like a pretty solid solution at the moment. there was nothing that could really cause any trouble with dirt. not when she was just trying to see if there were any differences. certain places had been effected by the time anomaly and she wanted to see if any of that remained.

it was as good of an idea as any.

- open thread

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feels like home [ o ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 20:18:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lei"]

lei didn't exactly have a reason to be on mount chimney. not like anyone else, anyways. it had been because of a dog pokemon, determined to drag him up halfway up the mountain. his dog pokemon, to be exact, and by the time he caught up to opal he was so far up he decided to walk the rest of the way for a break.
[break][break]
it was his day off, anyways, and he was sure nobody would miss him once they noticed his house was locked up and the lights were turned off.
[break][break]
by the time he got to the top, though, there was someone already there, in some sort of routine of...scooping up dirt and putting it into tubes. they seemed younger than him, and he didn't want to bother them, but the lycanroc by his side had no such issues. circling around from beside him, opal trotted over with a friendly wag of her tail and an abrupt attempt to stick her nose directly into this stranger's hair.
[break][break]
"opal-" his scolding, if he could even call it that, is awkward and a half-laugh. following after his dog, to try to nudge her away from this stranger, he shakes his head a little. "i hope she didn't bother you."
[break][break]

+ @giselle hope it's okay that i snag this!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.lei]font:11px roboto;--accent:#FF5151;[/newclass]

[newclass=.lei b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.lei]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feels like home [ o ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2021 23:43:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar

she was nicely embroiled in her work as it were when she heard someone approaching. she didn't think it would matter much. most people would just hike right on past her. not worrying about the crazy ranger in the dirt and mud. but the lycanroc sniffing at her was enough to get attention as she wobbled, falling back onto her behind for a moment.

her legs were thankful for the rest as they burned in relief of not being crouched like that any longer. "oh, it's alright. i wasn't paying any attention." that was the truth. and luckily none of her dirt had been contaminated or dropped. she needed it just so after all. "it's my fault really." taking the blame for something that wasn't anyone's fault.

- @lei

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feels like home [ o ]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 2:21:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lei"]

opal's greeting- if it could be called that- had caused the stranger to fall. they didn't seem hurt, and lei wasn't entirely sure what to do other than call his lycanroc back. "opal," he tries again, a bit awkwardly. this time, after a moment of snuffing around the stranger, she comes back to him with another wave of her tail.

[break][break]

"oh, no, it's not your fault at all!" he feels bad that the stranger would try to take the blame for his pokemon. "she's usually a lot more well behaved than this." there's a bit of that lighthearted annoyance in his voice again; he doesn't think he could really be annoyed with his pokemon, honestly. "did you need any help with...sample taking?" what he hopes is sample taking, anyways. "i mean, i'm no scientist, but it's the least i can do to make up for opal."

[break][break]

+ @giselle

[newclass=.lei .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.lei .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feels like home [ o ]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2021 21:25:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

giselle felt bad that she had caused so much trouble again. even though she hadn't. but really it was all just another rock to be added to the mountain of things wrong with her at the moment. it would be fine. she just had to keep adding rocks and that meant it would be sturdy. or something like that. and totally not collapse down on her.

standing the rest of the way she brushed herself free of some dirt, though unable to get it all off of course. "well, i'm trying to collect samples from different locations where the anomalies happened when groudon was rampaging." she had been part of that whole thing and she felt as though it was her obligation to get more information. any information. that she could.

"i don't suppose you've heard anything about anything strange happening here recently other than that?" it was wishful thinking. but maybe she could get a lead.

- @lei

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
feels like home [ o ]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2021 5:03:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lei"]

lei had no idea if things were actually okay, even if the woman hadn't said anything, or if she had just avoided it to be nice. that's what he did, anyways- well, that and because he didn't like being angry and it'd go away if he ignored it long enough.
[break][break]
groudon...the question of the anomalies make him shake his head. he doesn't really live as close as someone who might. "unfortunately i haven't." he wanted to stay out of this, after all; his job was just taking care of dogs sometimes. "people who live closer by may have, though?"

[break][break]

+ @giselle