awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
Rocks & Pebbles, Extra Sparkly [M]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 21:07:55 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

Gems. Jewels. Ore. Rocks with hidden treasures within, a core of sparkling goodness, raw and untouched. Everything a miner could but desire. Only, this was not a miner or a mineral fanatic, but a fine young lady curious to see what her own luck would bring her if she traversed the path of the spelunker. Her recent 'adventures' had brought her to Fallarbor Town, and a single note requesting aid from mining enthusiasts or trainers alike, to help with all kinds of things among the excavation site, had brought her to stay.

Taking any moment was as good as any for a starting point, Brynn had decided to take part in these endeavours, and had opted to take her Krokorok out. Aside from its affinity to the underground, she also wanted to deepen her bond with the unnamed pokémon, hoping to find a fitting nickname for it throughout the day. With a pair of ankle-high hiking boots and more appropriate gear, Meteor Falls had been one of the few excavations taking place within its endless caves. The group had gathered nearby to go over the tasks on today's schedule, the Unovan patiently awaiting the group she'd be assigned to. Next to her another foreigner from Unova had gathered, the two having made small talk up until now. Yet the only thing she wondered was why the man had brought an Unfezant to the excavation.

~ Thread: Descent/Fall
~ Unfezant

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 21:29:07 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Pebbles and rocks may break someone’s bones…but she was quite clearly trying her best to not be the one with broken limbs. Megan had even procured herself a proper mining helmet, even though she otherwise mostly missed proper gear and made due with her usual outdoor one. But the helmet was the most important part. Someone she somehow respected had once told her that putting on a new hat was like becoming another person. Or something like that. He had also said that accents were hats for words. Guy had not been the most coherent person to ever walk the earth. And yet, having a head did help getting into the mood at least, while she waited for everyone else to arrive.
[break][break]
Most of the people responding to the request looked like the usual crowd, trainers on a journey or simple daylaborers. There were a lot of fighting types like her own Lucario at her side, too. Again, that made sense. There also was a tourist. Yeah, Meg had been on the road long enough to recognize those. Girl looked a bit lost as she was waiting for her job, probably. Seemed quite fixated on the Unfeazant in attendance. Meg sighed. She really should not bother, but she knew that she couldn’t just ignore this. Hence, she sighed and subtly got closer, intent on signing up for whatever the girl did.

[break][break]

+ unfeazant

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
Through my rise and fall, you've been my only friend
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2021 21:59:59 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

A variety of tasks were delegated to the volunteers present, yet only a few had been assigned to the delving team in charge of clearing the tunnels, and checking how stable the remaining ones were. A more tedious task away from the main game that was the actual excavation, but it was an important one nonetheless. One that allowed her to go to higher-up places and observe, which was exactly what she came here for. Therefore signing up for said team seemed the best. Following the smaller group up one of the higher platforms to check on the tunnels dug there on earlier occasions, Brynnhildr became aware of a younger girl that had joined her rank. If she wasn't dreaming things the girl seemed to be glancing her way every now and then, especially when the Unovan moved to a more solitary spot away from the group.

Only when it became more apparent did she purposely stop near an old mine-shaft running deep into the bedrock, inspecting the hinges and overall structure of the beams, a frown creasing her brows. "Anything I can help you with?" she'd speak up, addressing the young woman while jotting down a series of symbols and abbreviations. Krokorok had been waddling along absent-mindedly, blowing up its cheeks as if it was a Greedent trying to stuff its cheek pouches. It was a curious sight, seeing how its version of Cheek Pouch looked like he'd just hid two small berries between its jaws.

~ Cheek Pouch

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 17:15:16 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Hmm, I could think of quite a few things you could help with,” she added with a wink – before bursting into laughter. Of course she was just slightly messing with this woman right out of the gate. But then again, she looked like the kind of person who had experience with that. Plus, Meg was not going to continue doing that anyway. She did not need a veritable feast of verbosity to satisfy herself. No, she just had a little bit fun here and there. That should have been fine, really.
[break][break]
Besides, she went back into semi-serious mode rather quickly to begin with. “Anyway, let’s be clear here for a minute. You looked like you might need a bit of assistance, but also the type who sure as heck wouldn’t ask for it, so I decided to look out for ya a bit. I know your type.” She had taken orders from them all her life, after all. And she had seen far too many of those stalking across the Pokemart all day looking for something and double-, nay, triple-checking everything instead of just calling for some assistance. This, too, was part of her never-ending quest of leaving that life behind. This time by just clearly talking to people who would probably prefer to beat around the brush if no one stopped them.

[break][break]

+ feast

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 21:22:10 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

What was it with kids these days being so awfully
blunt with her these days? Was it something she'd done in her past life that warranted others to get up in verbal arms against her? Or did she really just look that much of a pushover? Honestly, the brunette's words sounded more like a lecture than an actual explanation, yet, she gave the girl a smile after she finished. And a piece of her own teasing medicine. "Oh, so you know cute brunettes with glasses are my type? Good for you, sweetie~" Brynn winked back in similar fashion like the young woman had done earlier, only the playful smile lingered as she turned back to look at the supporting structure.

Although obscured by the shadows, her keen eye had taken note of the cracks hidden near the hinges and metallic parts keeping the structure at bay. Its danger didn't seem immediate, but if left alone long enough or forced by anything, they'd surely see trouble coming their way. She pointed her pen at the brittle parts and gestured for the young woman to take a closer look. "This here is my problem, though. Not quite something I can ask for help with unless you've got a wooden beam handy somewhere in your back pocket or potential means to stabilize this area here." She'd move her arm up, pointing at a mechanism connecting the structure with another horizontal beam. The wood itself was chipped, not incredibly but enough to show a handful of beginning cracks diagonally across the woodwork's length. The metallic mechanism looked awfully rusted, with odd colorations in some spots, most-likely weak links from faulty melding. "It might look fine now, but if something crashes into it or gets too rough around these parts, the tunnel will come collapse almost instantly."

~ Obscure

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 22:14:53 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Cute, bespectacled brunettes are everyone’s type, even if they don’t know it yet,” she simply responded, smugly. After all, she had very decidedly picked her current look after discarding the uniform. She had to be cute, simple as that. Though she was definitely still debating getting a cape. Eccentric and kind of out there? Certainly. But also pretty amazing, as far as she was concerned. However, she had not really reached the level of awesome required for such yet. One had to be some sort of ace trainer first before that truly was an option. At least as far as she was concerned. Megan crossed her arms, briefly imagining herself that way, cloth billowing behind her. Then she sighed, returning to the menial labour at hand.
[break][break]
Though, fortunately, her Pokemon could do some of that for the both of them. On cue, she called out her Abomasnow, which rose with a grunt and a brief belly drum, even though it had not exactly learned to weaponize that for an attack. Just something it did, really. “As you would have it, Abomasnow here knows Wood Hammer, so I figure it can grow some wood for you. Though it was on my belt and not my back pocket, so I guess you are still kind of right.” Another laugh followed, for she deemed the joke rather funny indeed. “So, you some kind of architect or the like when you aren’t jobbing with the groundlings? Certainly would suit your, well, everything I guess.” She shrugged, while Abomasnow waddled over to the stranger. Meg didn’t know exactly what was needed, but she figured the woman could instruct the frosty plant there. It was an obscure typing, sure, but right now they only needed one of the types after all.

[break][break]

+ obscure

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2021 23:21:11 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

Softly shaking her head at the joking comeback, Brynnhildr held the smile gracing her lips. Smug, somewhat of a jokester, yet confident. Maybe secretly also someone she’d deem a sight for sore eyes, but that wasn’t something she would be disclosing in the slightest. An endearing smartass, if anything. One smartass to another. The Unovan nodded when the Abomasnow was presented to her, showing it which parts needed reinforcing, and which sizes were preferred. “My everything, eh?” she asked, albeit more rhetorically in nature, she was still curious as to what that ‘everything’ entailed to the brunette.

“I’m not quite an architect, but had to focus on how to maintain structural integrity and strength of buildings and machinery for work. A bit strange, considering my line of work, but it helps in supporting the teams if you actually know what they’re talking about rather than to pretend you do, don’t you think?” she’d jot down the changes made to her notes, readying a separate document where the tunnel in question was located, and which alterations they were making. “The name’s Brynnhildr Erling, by the by.” The woman tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear and pocketed her pen again before extending her hand in greeting. “Pleased to make your acquaintance, Miss…?”

In the distance vibrations could be felt; still minimally present at this point, but they’d soon feel the vibrations in the ground growing stronger, and whatever was making them drawing closer.

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 17:10:05 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Well, for one you picked out fashionable clothes suitable to the job in question. Means you did a bit of prep work at least and had the kind of funds to at least buy some semi-specialized gear that you probably won’t use a lot in other circumstances. Certainly makes you the kind of person who doesn’t exactly need this job to feed her four single-mom kids.” Meg shrugged visibly, clearly putting on a bit of a show in the process. This was a fun little deduction game, after all. Megan had learned to be more observant over the course of her journey and she liked to put that in action every now and then so that she could show off, but also put it into practice. Best way to figure out whether or not your deductions were right or not was to just voice them, after all.
[break][break]
Plus, she had a bit more evidence backing her up anyway. “Plus, those clothes don’t show a lot of wear and tear. That either means you are completely new to these sorts of things or do it infrequent enough that you might as well be. Either way, seemed right to stick around make sure you don’t get hurt.” Which was about as good a Samaritan as she got, really. Megan lived by the creed of not being a jerk, but also not constantly looking around for people to help just for the sake of it. It just wasn’t her style.
[break][break]
Still, she took that hand and shook it. “Anyway, Brynnhildr, your parents sure had a rather odd taste, didn’t they? I’m just Megan, really. Completely ordinary in comparison.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2021 22:08:04 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar

"Pffft," she chuckled at the remark. "You'd be surprised how much those kids actually eat though!" Brynn would reply, but not in a way that would warrant a reply in return. Her deductions all made sense, enough for her to nod and shrug as well. She wasn't wrong about her not doing this often, true, her hobbies laid elsewhere, but that did not mean she was actually as feeble as most newbies… probably. "Gotta start a hobby somewhere, I suppose? But do I really look so unreliable that I'd need protection?" she ushered, then shook her head. "Actually, don't answer that." She wasn't sure how many more blows her self-confidence could take on this imposed "vacation". Work actually was nicer to her, for a change.

Shaking her hand firmly, Brynnhildr then let go. "They just fancied mythological names, alas, but I'm proud of it! Though most people just call me Brynn. Rolls off the tongue a lot more smoothly than the full name." she smiled. "Then I doubt you know the meaning of your name, Megan, because you'd be surprised how unordinary it truly is." she'd wink teasingly, only for her expression to dim as the vibrations in the ground grew stronger. The Unovan flicked her head towards the dark end of the tunnel, something flashing in the shadows before the sound of crashing rocks signified the tunnel's ongoing collapse coming at them in full force. "Quickly, your Abomasnow-" Not even getting the chance to finish her sentence, a terrifying roar rang from within, causing large clumps of rock and a lone stalactite to come undone. "Shit! Get back, now!" Brynnhildr shouted, putting all her weight in her attempt to pull Megan away from the entrance and the falling debris, unaware that the plateau they were on ended only a few feet behind her.

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2021 20:54:11 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Oh, there were a lot of remarks she could do in that particular regard. But she swallowed them down, for the time being. It probably would not be nice and despite appearances, she wasn’t quite exactly here to bully this girl, but kind of more to help her. Even if that meant very much emphasizing the fact that she probably lacked a little in experience. Couldn’t be helped. But she did manage to keep her mouth shut this once, that probably was worth something.
[break][break]
“Nah, I never cared much. For most people I’m just Meg. And that’s e-“ she stopped herself when she was caught somewhat sideways by what was happening. Brynn reached for her to pull her away – but Meg was not having any of that. Instead of allowing herself to be pulled away, she instead stood her ground and instead called out her Hawlucha. “Lucha, Aboma, stabilize,” she called out, doing her best to keep her cool under pressure. Her previous experiences helped with that for sure. Thus, they managed to make their stand here, even as the ledge slowly fell apart in front of them.
[break][break]
Which was pretty good, since instead of having to resist Brynn’s pull, she soon enough had to resist the pull of gravity while the larger and heavier woman would see the ground crumble beneath her feet.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

Aura

Brynn
She/her
September 17th
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Volta Vice-President
Civilian
Mirror on the Wall
here we are again
1m62 / 5'3 height
1m62 / 5'3 height
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura
Brynnhildr Erling
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2022 23:18:37 GMT
Brynnhildr Erling Avatar
This is it. This is how I die. Instead of finding the brunette coming along with her she actually resisted her. Resist! While she was actually trying to pull her out of harm's way she decided heroic rescues weren't what she'd signed up for today and denied the Unovan her little moment of glory--- well within her right, seeing as Megan actually tackled the situation with more verve than she ever would. But still, she was trying-- she just didn't have the right pokémon to help with this kind of thing.

"Welp, there goes my moment of redemption," Brynn muttered underneath her breath. Whereas she was relieved that the cave had been stabilized for now, it soon dawned on her that the ground beneath her was in fact not. With a rather comical face she leapt towards safety, hearing the ledge she'd been standing on crash down into the water reservoir below. There was an alarmed look in her eyes as she peered down, swallowed a lump and then eyed Megan. "I… uh… maybe we should go back after all. To report, and such." she proposed, not quite waiting for a reply to start walking back. No matter how much she hated to admit that the girl was right, she was, and this place most-certainly wasn't for her… not yet, at least.

Perhaps in the future it would be.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2022 2:19:35 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: