Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Been A While
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 3:04:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Been a while

Catching up with .

"Sure ya do." Doug said, tone mildly taunting as he snickered. "Go ahead and run away, ya lil' brat."

As far as he could... it would not matter. Math would catch up with him eventually.

"'twas quite the week. And it almost was for nothing, too! Someone nearly cost me the entire tournament." Doug said as he leaned back, laughing. "Maybe I should thank your parents next time I see 'em. Think your father would appreciate a basket o' wines?"

He waved his hand dismissively at the boy's words next, though obviously, the boy didn't see the gesture.

"Eh, it doesn't matter. I'll find a way to do what I want somehow." He said, grinning confidently. "Christmas' just 'round the corner. Just you watch- I'm gonna make every second of m'mandatory break count."

Unfortunately, the boy didn't bite his obvious bait, prompting Doug to pout his lips, huffing.

"Ya don't even have the clearance to look at m'papers anyway." He huffed, blowing a raspberry at the youth, before slowly dragging his tired gaze over to the desk, tongue still hanging off his maw as he did. "Urgh... And wish I wasn't either."

He had taken his promotion to Captain quite enthusiastically back when he first became a gym leader, but now, he wondered if he hadn't made a mistake and taken far too much into his plate.

... Well, too late for that now, his contract was signed and the only way he was getting demoted was absolute failure and disgrace- which even Doug's considerably tame pride would not allow.

"Well, kiddo." Doug said as he moved to stand, stretching his spine with a grunt and several pops from his discs. "Sadly, that's all my legally allowed fun time, if I want 'em papers over 'fore midnight."

Well, if he wanted the possibility, at any rate.

"... Got anything ya would like me to tell yer parents?" He said after a moment. "... They are very worried."

Surprise surprise, telling the parents of a blind child he was 'more talented than he seemed' did little to make them ignore the fact that he was still a blind child wandering on his own around a war torn nation filled with terrorists, gods and with a different calamity every week.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,442 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Been A While
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2022 19:01:40 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo couldn't resist snickering at the mention of his victory. "I'm sure one measly loss wouldn't get in your victory. 'side, now I can say I beat a Champion~" Granted, he would've preferred being the winner, but his restricted schedule prevented that.

His performance netted him a Zarude, who’d been very helpful up to this point, so he couldn’t say he regretted his time there.

The mention of giving a message to his parents ended his amusement.

Can’t say I’m shocked they’re still looking for me,” he sighed, “I haven’t really contacted them since I left. Couldn’t risk them getting a hint of where I was.

He didn’t know if they really could track him down from a single text message, but he knew tracking people by their phones was a real thing. He had to put a lot of work into saving up enough money to get a new phone his parents didn’t know about - and a Rotomdex.

"They're probably gonna get pissed if you say we met and you didn't drag me back home." Honestly, that had been what he'd expected Doug would try to do, considering how well his parents knew Doug. Hideo couldn't help but appreciate Doug choosing friendship in that case.

"Maybe you could just tell them you heard about me getting my third badge in Sootopolis. Or that one of your guys saw me and saw that I’m doing just fine. And if they ask if you know where I'm going next, you can say I'm headed to Fortree. That'll take some time." A little bit of misdirection wouldn't hurt, especially towards a place he'd already been to.

Worst-case scenario, his parents would try to convince to help them.

And I guess…tell them that I’m someone they can be proud of. And they will see me when I’m challenging the Champion.

Hideo righted himself, his Ambipom walking to his side. “Well, if that’s all the time we got, then we just gotta count down to the next break you get~ I’m sure you’ll get one ‘fore Christmas.” Heck, if things went as planned, Hideo would be done by then.

Hope you get some good sleep too! Sounds like you really need some.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights