part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2021 1:10:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERLUDE

AN ESCAPE FOUNDED IN COMFORT

THE TEXT COMES late at night. a request to stay at her estate. nothing fancy, just a plain worded message with the brevity his partners have learned to tolerate. and, in typical fashion, fernando does not wait for acceptance. he is not one to be denied.

not by her.

his luggage proves just as minimalistic as his personality. a small backpack fits his laptop along with several personal belongings. none of them hold any sentiment, all practical tools he knows he’ll use throughout his stay.

the only thing different about him is that his clothes look more lax. the business casual that cement his image as stone is abandoned for open work-out clothes. comfort comes to mind, the only one he can afford as he looks to refocus his mind and time on more important matters.

as fun as leaving his splooge on the wall of a silph co. bathroom is, the stunt to his productivity is devastating. here lies the one place in hoenn that lacks the freedom and willing participant to indulge such trivialities.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2021 4:54:28 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her leg's feeling right as rain. lyune is in recovery. she grows stronger with each passing day. and her outbreak in the baths is forgotten. her actions, forgiven. and she, ever compliant, waits with mouth open when she feels the urge come over her. and sometimes he entertains her desires, and sometimes he shoos her away, too busy with his projects and his other people. 

she doesn't mind about the latter, really. what she doesn't take too kindly to is being kept in the dark. she knows she's a last ditch effort, the backup plan he'll never need - a meat shield to spare him the instant that will save him. but still, she craves usefulness. still, she craves strength. 

tapu fini's madness, a mere taste of the power he has, and it drives her mad. that , that  have powers as unimaginable as this. well, it makes her feel inconsequential.

and she doesn't much like that at all. 

she is freshly showered after a sparring session with her new instructor. their combat leaves her wanting, despite the bruises on her sides. she combs through wet hair, dons a chamise, and looks down when her phone buzzes. 

she doesn't bother responding. it never makes a difference. instead, she grabs herself a glass of water, prepares another, and nibbles on some leftover carpaccio from her fridge.
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2021 5:42:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERLUDE

THE RASPS OF HIS KNOCKING comes in three. once for announce his arrival. the second to buy her time. and the last to make sure he’s heard. what sits after is the patience of a man who can easily entertain himself with a million things to do at the palm of his hand. notifications across multiple platforms fill up over time. for every minute that passes, another one springs up.

most of them are left ignored. read, but left unanswered. because knowing is half the battle and fernando never fights to lose. what part he takes in all of this remains in the background. not unlike freya’s own journey—one he’s help set her out on but leave unfulfilled, unanswered.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2021 14:46:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he knocks familiarly. he'll show up regardless, and he'll probably have words with her if she doesn't open her doors, but she appreciates the sentiment of his waiting outside. to give her the guise of a choice, even if the latter couldn't/can't bother her. 

swallowing the last bite of what she'd been holding in her hands, she cleans off with a towel and then glides to the door. 

"to what do i owe the pleasure?" she asks. she'd be sporting combat gear if the matter were urgent, but she's a feeling that's not what this is about. another possibility excites her, but she keeps that off her face. she salivates, though, and looks away before she's caught staring at his hands. 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 6:35:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERLUDE

“I NEED A PLACE TO STAY.”

his words are as punctual as his arrival. there as requested, no more, no less. the cut of his gaze looks past her and toward the foyer behind her but it settles on her face soon enough.

a place i can focus and work in peace,” he elaborates. it takes hearing his own words aloud to realize the queer suddenness of such an ask. not that he minds going into detail, but the personal details of his recent escapades is not a conversation he looks forward to having.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2021 16:14:25 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"oh?" she stands aside at once to let him pass. this flat is his; she's just his resident. he wouldn't encroach on her privacy and has made that clear thus far, so she's no issue opening up her door to him. 

"well, there's no better place," she says as she closes the door behind him. the flat is as barren as the day he'd set her up in it. everything she'd had at the estate is still in a storage container and will remain untouched until sootopolis has been taken back. 

she has her amenities, her furnishings, and that is enough. what good is it for the suicidal to collect art and trinkets? even her bedroom is barren of any photographs or ties to her self. 

"the study's untouched. i can take the couch while you're here. unless you'd prefer i lodge elsewhere, but i'm assuming this isn't just about staying in a different environment."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 6:53:35 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERLUDE

THERE IS HUMILITY in the way his head dips slightly upon entering. the place is unremarkable, no different than the catalogue he had it designed after. décor and styling go beyond his expertise, and like freya, he finds no penchant for it.

i like what you’ve done with the place,” he mumbles in acknowledgement. their reasons differ but the end result is the same. plain, minimal, normal.

it feels like home in a way only fernando recognizes.

no need. i’m here to work. doubt i’ll be sleeping much.

he sets his backpack down by the coffee table. the sound of its zipper coming undone reminds him of ’s black dress. thankfully, he catches himself mid-thought, grimacing all the same.

isolation and productivity go hand in hand.

once his password prompt comes up his eyes never leave the screen.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2021 2:28:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he'd told her to make it her own and so she'd ordered furnishings from a catalogue. the bare essentials, cold and empty. fitting, really, for the pair of them. and evidently it's just what he needs. so she watches him come in and settle down, following him much like a shade, intrigued at his movements. 

every so often, she glances at the palms of his hands. 

but then he sets himself up to work and she rolls her shoulders. she's not so hungry anymore, but she makes a small plate of the carpaccio, accompanied by a couple wedges of cheese, and leaves it beside fernando before making her way to her balcony. 

"i'll be working on my katas if you need me." she cracks the door open just enough to hear him if he calls. and then she rolls out her yoga mat and starts her flows. 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2021 5:41:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERLUDE

AND A MAN OF HIS WORD he is. despite her proximity, fernando does not consider her company. not in the traditional sort of way. there’s no need for him to entertain her with small talk or dash whatever silence comes between them.

he sees her not as an equal but not beneath him either. she is a specter. someone who had resigned themselves to a state of not living yet existing through sheer spite. but the spite that fuels her is not her own.

it is his. and therefore his to use as he sees fit.

occasionally, as his attention starts to deviate between the hours and mindless routine, he will snack upon her offering. little consideration for the act comes about. just that it exists. and so too must his work.

it continue well into the night. well until his eyes hurt, long dried from being open for far too long. it continues because he deems that is has to—anything to catch up for lost time.

and, likewise, another hunger pricks well beneath where his stomach sticks. on occasion, his eyes will dart to the balcony. they fake curiosity wherein the truth lies in admiration. quick little peeks, following her movements until he becomes self aware.

that’s when the shame settles in. self-loathing born from discipline reminds him that ‘mind over matter’ can get him through this plight. and, for good measure, he scratches against where the skin still shows faint engravings of the WISH TAG’s sigils.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 3:19:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

and work on them, she does. she forgets his presence, somewhat, as she moves from form to form. her muscles, now thick and corded with constant use, hold the positions well, and with a poise most envy. and while the movement is slow and deliberate, her grace has a harshness to it, a roughness befitting a frontline warrior, not an assassin. 

her hands come out, eyes half-closed with focus, as she grabs her bow and twists it around herself. she can feel him watching, every so often, and the pulsing in her veins, the dripping of her sweat, all reminds her of the bath, of the mist forced down her throat. 

she licks her lips. he continues his work, as does she. once, she breaks for water, and to give her body a moment's respite. and then it's back into it, practicing gymnastics and keeping her muscles loose, her bones less breakable. she will not be brittle iron on the battlefield, but steel. 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2021 5:07:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERLUDE

THEIR WORK ETHIC parallel. their choice in discipline couldn’t be any further removed. they live in different worlds. but their fanatic obsession with perfectionism encompasses who they are. it’s everything to them. and in that, their schedules align.

fernando’s breaks are penciled in as his biology demands. bathroom here. some shut eye there. the rest of his time is spent being some sort of human calculator. someone who delegates and demands, all from behind a mere computer screen.

sometime before noon, his first real break devolves into more than just a pause. coffee, black, sits in a mug as he peek into the balcony. half to keep an eye on here, curious, the other to space his thought out as he reflects.

small windows of winding down make up for what little sleep he gets. at least, that’s what he reads from his scientist. whether or not its true doesn’t matter. he gets by well enough.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 15:55:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

freya doesn't know if it's the deity inside him that allows fernando to sleep as little as he does, but it's not her place to say. and it's not her place to place to comment either. she stays true to her word, however, offering him the bed while she takes the couch, but he declines her each and every time, and so she's found her way to bed after a bath, leaving the door open in case he needs her. 

she doesn't drink coffee any longer, but the machine and the grounds came with the rest of the things she'd flippantly ordered. she does her morning katas and watches the rain come down on the other side of the balcony. 

when her muscles are loosened and she's dressed for the day, she comes inside and perches on the chair beside fernando. 

"how long will you be staying?" she asks with a cocked head. "not that i mind. it's just, you've never done this before."
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2021 21:41:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERLUDE

HOW LONG indeed. there’s no straight answer for her question. not in something measurably by days. until he catches up with work is the most practical answer but providing even that may open the floodgates on why he can’t do that elsewhere.

what is he to say? because he can’t control the distortion in his personality? that he’s comes to relish his impulses and hate the weakness that comes about when the WISH TAG goes dormant?

no.

never.

to admit weakness is one thing. to flaunt it needlessly is another.

not sure.” he decides on indecisiveness, muddled in the brown beads of coffee that stick to his upper lip. “just needed some privacy and reservation from the rest of the world.

he fashions a bittersweet smile.

i’m quite in demand these days, you know.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,650 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2021 17:48:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

he's vague and because it's fernando, freya knows there's more to the picture. still, she doesn't press. her worries and her troubles over him are rumpled and so she wraps her arms around her legs, rolls on the balls of her feet, and looks down at his coffee, at his hand on the mug. 

she licks her lips. "i've," she starts, hesitating, "been patient. but everything is duller and i want..." her mouth waters and she swallows, looking up from fernando's arm to his eyes, her own soft blues pleading. 

"i do know," she says. she untangles herself and her odd crouching perch on the chair stretches as she presses her palms to the tabletop, reaches forward with one hand towards his own. 
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
INTERLUDE
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2021 15:39:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

INTERLUDE

HE’S OBLIVIOUS at first. her gaze. the way she looks at him as an ‘out'. a way to reignite the fevers of their first connection. not until the words slip out from under her does he catch her advances.

ah.” he sounds surprised. as if caught unguard. it lacks the same judgement and scorn that comes from ’s sessions. but wherein the rocket is justified in his want, freya’s is far from. he is a supplement to her, not the cure.

freya.

his voice holds just the faintest inkling of concern as the MISTY TERRAIN flowers into a small bud. like a lit match, a line no thicker than his pink coils around his finger, wisping toward her face.