November 26
Sinnoh
?
Research Assistant
Civillian
single
25 height
25 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
48 posts
Finley Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @finn
Finley Black
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2021 5:22:03 GMT
Finley Black Avatar
The pungent smell of rust was heavy in the air, mixing thoroughly with that of oil, both undeniably strong in their own right. Finn's nose had grown numb to it all, though. Through countless days spent wielding away in the garage, these sharp scents had become dull to his senses.

"It's looking...better?" The question came out as a huff. "Ah, maybe I should take it to the shop and see what they think..."

Since Winter Break-- and far before that-- Finn had spent several days like this. Solitary, in the garage, fiddling away. These quiet days sometimes dip into a hint of loneliness. Today was one of those days.

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 12:51:38 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

he was truly running out of time to spend. between work, and his never ending amount of children, gabriel was stretched for time. it was easy to call him an absent father, when everything they had came from his own two hands.
[break][break]
opening the door, gabriel stands in the frame, silhouetted by the light of a mid-day sun as it shines into the musty, dark garage.
[break][break]
"finley."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-pyroar"]

[newclass=".artie"]--accent:#e45629; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Finn, Ziggy
He/Him
November 26
Sinnoh
?
Research Assistant
Civillian
single
25 height
25 height
awards
48 posts
Finley Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @finn
Finley Black
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2021 20:35:19 GMT
Finley Black Avatar
The creek of the door was all it took for Finn to pop his head over the propped-up hood. There, snuggled between the frame of the door, stood the silhouette of his father. The same father who was always too busy to visit, or give advice, or attend his numerous science fairs.

In spite of all that, zaps of excitement went off throughout the teen's body and a wide bright smile quickly lit his face.

"Oh, hey pops," Finn called out, "What's up?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2022 0:13:08 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

gabriel steps in, keeping the door open to shed much needed light, and fresh air. he regarded the car in-front of him, and the dirtied expression of his son, but made sure his face was as placid as ever.
[break][break]
"when's she expected to be up and running again?"

[newclass=".artie blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".artie .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Finn, Ziggy
He/Him
November 26
Sinnoh
?
Research Assistant
Civillian
single
25 height
25 height
awards
48 posts
Finley Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @finn
Finley Black
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2022 3:52:06 GMT
Finley Black Avatar
Finley's round eyes blinked back at the newfound stream of light. It was welcomed, of course, but painful all the same. His stretched-out smile only grew to his father's words, "A week! ...Maybe."

The thought of leftover work caused his brows to furrow and his features to scrunch up. She was growing closer to where she needed to be, but there was still a lot to be done. "Right now I'm trying to replace her spark plugs, but they're a bit-- I mean, they're hard to reach..."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2022 6:11:42 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

he stands there quietly, a placid expression coating his face like the car's paint in front of him. only this one didn't have any chips in it.
[break][break]
the way finley had finished his sentence sounded like a call for help. but, he'd taught his kids better than to make assumptions. if he wanted his help, he'd have to ask.
[break][break]
"so, what do you plan to do?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Finn, Ziggy
He/Him
November 26
Sinnoh
?
Research Assistant
Civillian
single
25 height
25 height
awards
48 posts
Finley Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @finn
Finley Black
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2022 19:03:49 GMT
Finley Black Avatar

The man's cool voice sounded more like a whip cracking in the air than curious words from a father. Finn's expression tightened. Gaze cast downward, the teen inspected the car's innerworkings once more, allowing the hood to act as a thin divider between him and intense wave of expectations that blocked the doorway.
It wasn't like he needed help -- he had done fine without it for this long. But these prideful thoughts could only do so much to block the pang of disappointment that fell on his heart.  

"Wing it." He replied with a mask of nonchalance, "I can always use a ratchet handle extension anyways." 

After a brief pause, Finn spoke again. "...why're you home anyways?"

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 22:37:11 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

winging it wasn't a Black family specialty. he'd instilled in his children the importance of planning and keen insight. gabriel's mouth didn't even twitch, not a single ounce of his practiced expression betraying his thoughts.
[break][break]
he pushes away from the frame of the door, moving to circle the car with cursory glances.
[break][break]
"i'm having guests over for dinner," he states it matter-of-factly, "the first step to a good business relationship is to make them feel like home."
[break][break]
a small silence hangs. just a second, maybe two.
[break][break]
"shouldn't you be out enjoying your youth?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Finn, Ziggy
He/Him
November 26
Sinnoh
?
Research Assistant
Civillian
single
25 height
25 height
awards
48 posts
Finley Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @finn
Finley Black
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2022 4:05:28 GMT
Finley Black Avatar
His answer only bred further disappointment within him.

He was here for guests - not for him, or , or . Though, to be fair, it was Finn's fault for expecting anything at this point. Beyond the lessons he "instilled" into them, the most important lesson he taught was to never rely on anyone else. This implied especially to him.

"I am enjoying my youth." He shrugged, still avidly avoiding his father's gaze. "There's nothing better to do anyways."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 0:10:38 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

gabriel grunts in response, a dismissive gesture to what is an inevitable excuse. he shifts his focus to something else, than what his son does in his free time.
[break]
[break]
"have you transitioned well?"
[break]
[break]

from sinnoh to hoenn, that was.

close tab

played by

Captain

Finn, Ziggy
He/Him
November 26
Sinnoh
?
Research Assistant
Civillian
single
25 height
25 height
awards
48 posts
Finley Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @finn
Finley Black
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2022 0:44:17 GMT
Finley Black Avatar
There he goes grunting again.

It was something Finn had gotten used to over the years of disappointment he's racked up. The two can't go through a conversation without one -- or, at the very least, a rebellious eye-roll from Finley.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, kinda," He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. Nothing screamed a smooth transition more than running into the girl who shattered your heart, then stupidly letting her get away again. "It's just been a bit complicated."

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2022 22:03:07 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","artie"]
[attr="class","top"]

with his back to the boy, gabriel picks up and casually inspects a nearby wrench. it was small in his hands, and his attention saw through it, more than anything else.
[break][break]
the gripes of a teenage boy were not new to him. he'd been one himself, and... helped raise the others.
[break][break]
"anything i could do to help?"
[break][break]
he really wasn't good at this.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
An Absent Father [C]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 3:18:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: