WRITE REPLY

starlight on the rocks [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2021 21:57:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Ice-skating was an elegant art. Benicio had plenty of practice with skating rinks in Sinnoh during wintertime. Many of the other priests, bishops, and even cardinals in his sect quite enjoyed it as a pastime as well. Entire discussions and theoretical debates had been had gliding across ice in circles. Even if he was away from home, he wasn't going to abandon this tradition.

So, on a crisp December evening, wearing a gilded coat and long festive red scarf, the bishop makes his way to the skating rink just outside the Lilycove Mall.

ICE SKATING HAS BECOME POPULAR IN HOENN. In various rinks or bodies of water frozen by Pokemon, Hoennians can enjoy ice skating, hockey and other ice-related recreation. Some train for an upcoming figure skating competition, the Crystal Cup. For this mission, have your thread revolve around ice skating in some capacity.

The people of Hoenn quite enjoyed ice-skating themselves. It was typically rare thing for them to experience, considering the normally tropical climate. Strange times, indeed. But those in attendance didn't seem all too bothered by the bizarre climate change.

Sailing onto the rink donning customized ice-skates of his own, emblazoned with the sigil and cross representing his sect of Arceusism, the red-headed bishop smiles and waves at those who turn his way.

Though he's almost certain the glances are meant for the Swablu sitting on his head, and not necessarily him. What he could say? That was EVANGELINE's favorite nesting spot, especially when he was ice-skating. She could just close her eyes and imagine she was on a snowy hilltop somewhere, cooing...

"Oup." Distracted with his greetings, nearly collides with a young girl ( ), but expertly pivots on his ice-skates to avoid her before braking to a stop. He holds out a hand in her direction, both to balance himself and offer her something to grab onto if she had lost her own. "I'm sorry, dear. Are you okay?"

— Benicio glides onto the rink with a Swablu on his head; nearly collides with Megan, then asks if she's okay
mission: break the ice

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2021 12:31:48 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Hey, look where you are going!” Her exclamation came swift. Maybe a bit too swiftly, for she prioritized that over getting her balance back, leading to her wildly flailing her arms to not fall. Megan was not exactly the best skater there ever was. She was just here trying this out. And of course she’d almost get run over by a show-off. Granted, as the brief dizziness cleared, she could see that he was somewhat apologizing and offering his hand for her. Which she did not take. Mostly because she was a bit irked – mostly at him dodging.
[break][break]
Yeah. That annoyed her the most. She’d have preferred a crash between amateurs. But from what little she had seen of his dodge, she could tell that he was way better. Hence, he also should know better, in her estimate. Hence the annoyance.
Plus, he looked weird. Like, really weird. “I am okay, no thanks to you. What do you represent anyway? That getup with a Swablu on top really looks hella weird, you know that, right?”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2022 1:20:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

In the face of such hostility, Benicio's countenance shifts from bewilderment to confusion. Until, finally, he manages to find amusement in the entire interaction they've had so far. "What do I... represent? I've never been asked that in such a straightforward manner, you know!" He chuckles, gliding in circles around her.

Meanwhile, Evangeline doesn't care for the girl's loud tone and buries her face in the redhead's hair. The Swablu ends up looking like a blue and white ushanka hat there. "This does look a bit silly, doesn't it?" The man continues, eyes cast up at the white fluff nestled on the top of his head. "It doesn't bother me, though. Does it bother you?" He asks with a tilt of his head.

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2022 12:43:22 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“I, uh…” she started, but then stopped when he started circling her like that. Honestly, she did not try to be rude here explicitly. Far from it. But this guy was hella weird. That made it difficult for her, who naturally responded to confusion with a tad bit of aggression at least. That just kind of felt like a natural and appropriate response to her. Though it probably wasn’t at all.
[break][break]
Still though. He seemed to respond in kind, somewhat, so she didn’t feel too bad. Even if she decided to not spin to try to follow his movements, instead staying guarded for the time being. “A tad bit, yes. And I guess it doesn’t bother me. From afar. But…I don’t know. I figure if I am to almost be run over by someone, it would be someone less odd or something.” She shrugged. At the very least, she was trying to be honest here. That was probably more than what most people might managed to do in a situation like this. Though probably still not very good.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2022 8:48:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Benicio chuckles, skidding to a stop on his ice skates as he regards her. "Ah, yes... I suppose I can understand that. It's one thing to see a rodeo clown from afar... and another to be unintentionally roped into their act. Something like that, right?" He wasn't exactly painting himself in a flattering picture here but, if being a youth pastor had taught him anything, poking a little fun at one's self helped ease the tension.

"I am sorry, though. I'm typically better about being careful." He admits, reaching out with a single gloved hand and smiling. "My name is Benicio, by the way. If you care to put a name to the clown."

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2022 23:02:19 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Benicio? That sounded like he was from that region….the one….she’d forgotten the name of it. Maybe it would come back to her in a few years. Didn’t really matter right now. Chances were he was from Hoenn anyway. The place was a melting pot of cultures sometimes, often feeling like it lacked one of its own sometimes. Not like she knew much about this to begin with.

[break][break]
Hence, she just shrugged at his introduction. “I’m Megan. And I tend to not trust clowns with my hands when I am on ice,” she replied, not bothering to rein her bluntness in. After all, they had already reached a part where they could be honest with one another. Angry or friendly, honesty was something positive either way. “Though I will accept the apology, if it was sincere of course.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2022 2:35:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Benicio laughs, prompting a few bangs of earthy red to drop down across his forehead, before he returns his offered hand and uses it instead to fix his hair. "Nice to meet you regardless, Megan." He adds. Finding restlessness in his feet, however, he gently sends himself skating backwards.

"The apology was sincere. You're not gonna allow a near-accident with a clown keep you from skating though, are you?" He adds, gliding into a u-turn to encircle her. "Or would you like some guidance?"

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2022 17:29:24 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Ugh. He was making fun of her now, wasn’t he? Yes. That was definitely it. Megan glared at him lightly. “What makes you think that I would need guidance? I will have you know that I am quite decent at this.” Decent. Not good, not great. Just decent. That was the most apt description, really, so she stuck to that. Megan was not going to let this man goad her into lying or anything like that. It would just give him what he wanted, after all. And she definitely didn’t want to give him that satisfaction.
[break][break]
Hence, in order to prove her words, she carefully moved again, attempting to go in a circle about him. That worked, kind of. It was a bit stiff and awkward after all that had happened, but at the very least she did not fall flat on her face, either. “See, I am good enough to move on my own, so I don’t need anyone to hold my hand.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2022 7:59:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Most of the kids at his youth camp had always had something to prove as well. That was not to say Megan was a child, of course. Or even a teenager, for that matter. She looked in her early twenties, as far as he could tell.

Even so, her demeanor so far wasn't one the bishop was unfamiliar with. That was why he hovered around longer to socialize— attempting to form a bridge when most people would have left in the face of such aggression and scrutiny.

He smiles, but doesn't laugh, as she encircles him to prove her skill. "Not bad at all!" He remarks, softly clapping gloved hands as he smoothly and slowly skates backward. "Care to do a few laps around the rink with me? Ice-skating is quite enjoyable in pairs."

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2022 18:24:10 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Unlike him, she had very little idea as to why this odd stranger kept hanging out near her. The idea of stranger danger was not very far from her mind still, but yet it was still dismissed as well. She just accepted that he was there. Maybe she should feel flattered and imagine that he was hitting on her. That would not be too far-fetched after all. She’d hit on herself, too.
[break][break]
Maybe it wasn’t too bad to have him around. Even if his attitude struck her as a bit condescending. Then again, she was very, very easily triggered in that regard. Years in retail having mostly male customers treating her like a little girl did that to a gal. “Oh, so now you want to make a pair, eh?” she exclaimed, somewhat jovially, a sly grin on her face. “I am not even sure that you can keep up with me, really. But you are welcome to try. As long as you don’t try anything funny, mister.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2022 1:28:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A chime of laughter. "I know we only just met, but sure! It'd be rather awkward to skate around each other and pretend we didn't just have our run-in, after all." He adds, happy to see her grinning. Even if she seemed to be mocking him on some level.

"Oho... I think I understand your stance on 'funny' just fine." The red-head responds, patting the Swablu nesting at the top of his head. It stirs slightly, peeking out from its cloud-like feathers before settling back in.

In the meantime, Benicio performs a smooth spin that sends him skating forward. "Well, c'mon then, Megan. Show me how it's done." He smiles.

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2022 16:56:37 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Well, maybe the bird on your head understands it at least,” she replied, still smirking. That was still weird. Though also kind of impressive, given that despite his skating, that bird seemed to have no trouble at all staying on. She certainly didn’t have a Pokemon that could do that. Did that mean she would praise him for that? Obviously not. But at least she acknowledged it. In her head.
[break][break]
He really couldn’t ask for more. After all, she did give him what he wanted, following him casually skating, not even trying any tricks. She just went slow and steady, skating about. “Because this is how it’s done,” she chimed, both to herself and to him.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 23:14:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Admittedly, Benicio had been expecting something a little more... ambitious. A minute ago, after all, Megan seemed flared up and ready to prove something— not just to him or herself, but to the world. But, alas, he was pleasantly surprised.

"Ahh... very wise indeed." He beams, slowing down to skate slowly with her side-by-side. The Swablu on his head softly coos, almost as if approving of this turn of events. Though, more than likely, it was just a soft snore.

"Maybe if I'd stuck to practicing this, I wouldn't have run into you..." Benicio chuckles, halfway through their first lap of the skating rink. "So, what do you do for a living, Megan?" He asks, stirring up a bit of conversation to playfully try to avoid another deriding remark.

close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2022 16:40:44 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Well, you don’t get to where I am by being stupid.” Which technically meant being in your mid-twenties and already going through a sort of midlife crisis to avert complete burnout while also being technically unemployed and living a life mostly on the move. Yes, that was the inspirational story of her life. Most people couldn’t get there. Or could manage to continue existing with it, at least.
[break][break]
But none of that mattered here on the ice anyway. Only he had to ask, obviously, bringing the spectre of real life, or rather, every day life straight back here in an attempt to sour her mood. She didn’t let it get to her, though. “I am a professional trainer,” she all but lied. Though her training journey was what sustained her life and occupied most of her time, so she considered a profession nonetheless. “Travelling the region, collecting all the badges, those sorts of things. One day, I will become a gym leader myself.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights