TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Makeover [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 14:32:47 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Doesn’t the new year call for changes in someone’s life?
[break][break]
Resolutions, “new year, new me”, and all sentiments of the like.
[break][break]
Lia’s life had been full of changes in the past year: from Slateport to Lilycove, from Historian to Ranger, and then even from trainee to cadet. But, perhaps there’s a need for even more changes, a need to find her true path in order to have the sort of life she’s happy and comfortable with – a life she can be proud of and that makes her feel fulfilled. Perhaps all that starts with a shopping trip.
[break][break]
It seems silly, especially because she has never liked doing things like these, but she makes her way to Lilycove’s shopping center all the same, searching through racks upon racks of clothes and still not picking out anything.
[break][break]
Perhaps this change won’t be as easy as she expected.

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - New Year, New Me ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Makeover [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 20:05:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

If there was one thing he absolutely hated—

It was shopping for new clothes.

Sure, he didn’t mind having an excess of formal suits and crisp, collared shirts in his wardrobe but for real? He had next to no—

Literally next to nothing when it came to more casual wear.

So here he was, on his day off, shopping at the Lilycove Department store and completely, utterly… lost.

The only thing that he owned that was considered to be ‘casual’ was that dark leather jacket that he would wear from time to time—but most of, if not all of his wardrobe was literally semi-formal to all-out formal wear. Because first impressions mattered!

…at least, that’s how Lars saw it when it came to clothes…

So he was equally as lost, absolutely clueless on what constituted as ‘casual’ wear…

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Makeover [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2022 22:44:11 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Lia has always been the sort of person who favours comfort and practicality over style, her clothes being ones that fit well but never in a manner that might annoy her (nothing too tight, no itchy fabrics, etc.). But, Lia also knows well that appearances matter in life, and that an outfit can sure say a lot about a person.
[break][break]
What does she want her outfits to say about her?
[break][break]
That’s a difficult question to answer, and one she finds herself pondering on when noticing someone who somehow looks even more lost than her. Someone she recognizes.
[break][break]
”Lars?” Is that what she’s supposed to call someone who is her superior? Well, it’s apparently what most people call him, and she’d feel weird saying something like ‘Head Ranger Anderson’ when not in uniform.
[break][break]
Looking at him, she tilts her head, offering a soft smile.
[break][break]
”Do you need help?”

notes

[break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #E9C25D; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; color: #E9C25D!important; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #E9C25D; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #E9C25D; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #E9C25D; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Makeover [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 13:56:13 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

How lost was he?

Extremely, if we were going to be very precise and correct about this. He had no idea he was in the ladies’ section of all places, wandering around looking like an idiot.

Was that why the sales staff were snickering at him?

“Wh—hello, Amelia,” he began, blinking as he was surprised out of his silent reverie.

And it was here he heard the first words that were guaranteed salvation.

“I do,” he muttered quietly, so low that only she would be able to hear.

“This… this isn’t the men’s section, right?”

Yeah, he was completely, totally, absolutely lost.

close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
Makeover [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2022 21:23:59 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”This isn’t the men’s section, right?”
[break][break]
Lia looks at him, really looks at him, eyes of bright gold hues meeting his as she processes what she just heard. And then, she blinks a few times as if confused, a gentle chuckle leaving her lips.
[break][break]
”No, it isn’t.”
[break][break]
Is he really that lost?
[break][break]
He probably doesn’t go shopping often, and at least that’s definitely something to which she can relate.
[break][break]
”Men’s section is over there. Are you looking for anything in particular?”

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,795 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Makeover [WW]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2022 20:28:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At least she wasn’t laughing at him, unlike most of everyone else he’d asked for help from so far.

“Yeah,” he continued. “I’ve heard the rumors in the headquarters…” he went on quietly.

“They said I have absolutely no sense of casual fashion, whatever that means.”

There, he said it.

It felt like a big-ass knife that had been stabbed in the back was finally removed… somewhat.

“Sure, I may have an entire wardrobe full of formal wear, which is mostly my preference… but I only have one singular jacket for… for casual wear. How… how about you? I take you don’t… shop as often as I do for new clothes…”

Guess they were in the same boat now.