part of
TAG WITH @ruslan
ruslan skye
skate date [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2022 3:44:36 GMT
ruslan skye Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He had zero idea how he was going to ice skate without dragging himself against the wall or clinging to Victor. Maybe that was the whole point. Whatever the case, despite looming humiliation amongst a semi-crowded ice rink, he looked forward to it. Even the chill didn’t bother him for once, simply looking forward to the new experience. And after all, that’s what dates were right? Should he call it a date? Were they not just…hanging out? [break][break]

Maybe that was willfully ignorant. He tightened the laces on the rented skates, tying knots quickly. He was eager to get on the ice. “H-how long have y-y-you ice skated t-then?”

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A22F2A;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

verbatim

he/him
forty-three
it's whatever
grunt
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
45 posts
victor evans DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @victor
victor evans
skate date [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 0:17:11 GMT
victor evans Avatar
taking ruslan ice skating had been a spur of the moment sort of date idea. it was a public place, one that ruslan would probably feel comfortable in. and it was a new experience. something he had promised lana he would have. he'd not needed to rent skates for the event, having his own and not particularly wanting to wear some that had come off of someone else's feet. no matter how well they said they sanitized them.

if lana enjoyed the experience then he would have to buy him a pair of skates as well. so that neither of them would have to deal with the rental situation. but that wasn't something to think about for now. "years, i learned as a child." it wasn't something he had done in awhile but it was something someone never really forgot how to do. muscle memory and all that.

he offered his hand to lana when he was laced up and ready to go. after all, he didn't want him to fall and hurt himself.

close tab

played by

kimmy

lana, rue
he/they
september 1
littleroot town
bisexual
coordinator
civilian
forever alone
38 height
38 height
'Cause you don't belong where you don't belong Yeah, I don't belong
awards
180 posts
ruslan skye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruslan
ruslan skye
skate date [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 4:08:09 GMT
ruslan skye Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Lana was shaking form the excitement, a cheesy smile plastered on his face as he got led to the skating rink. “Yeah?” he said as he felt the cold get a little stronger. Skaters of all types glided by, and he hoped he wouldn’t get in their way. “D-Did you ever…y-you know, compete?” he asked, affording him a look as he clung to his arm.
[break][break]

He set a toe on the ice first, before settling the skate into it fully and then moving to put in the other. He moved slightly, enough for Victor to feel Lana’s hand tense up around his arm before he relaxed again, standing on the ice. “I…I’ve never done this. Or, uh, roller bl-bladed.” He wasn’t sure how to proceed. “I…just walk forward o-or?”

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

verbatim

he/him
forty-three
it's whatever
grunt
2 height
2 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
45 posts
victor evans DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @victor
victor evans
skate date [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2022 16:42:58 GMT
victor evans Avatar
it excited him in a weird way. that ruslan was interested in knowing about him... before... on one had really cared about his past. his childhood. anything like that. and while he still had the desire to be treated as nothing more than a pet this conversation wasn't unwelcome in the slightest. "i did, but my parents didn't find my advancement sufficient so it was taken out of my routine." as many of the things were that he enjoyed.

but that didn't matter now. "glide, don't walk. lifting your skates will cause you to lose balance." he slid forward. "i'll hold you tight, don't worry." he pulled lana forward gently, not wanting to rush him.

close tab

played by

kimmy

lana, rue
he/they
september 1
littleroot town
bisexual
coordinator
civilian
forever alone
38 height
38 height
'Cause you don't belong where you don't belong Yeah, I don't belong
awards
180 posts
ruslan skye DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruslan
ruslan skye
skate date [ww]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2022 6:27:33 GMT
ruslan skye Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“Oh.” His reply is soft, not exactly expecting as blunt a response as he got. Red eyes dip back down to his skates as he went quiet for a moment, a mixture of thinking of something to say and following instructions. He pushed forward a little, actively focusing on not lifting the skate off the ice. “Y-Yeah, sure.” He murmured leaning forward to follow Victor’s lead. [break][break]

He knees wobbled slightly as he tried to keep them from locking but also find his balance. Forward he kept upright, though his progress forward was slow. To be expected of someone who’d never touched ice. “I…um…I-I never picked up a-a sport as a kid.” He said, feeling the need to share something about himself even if he was being vague about it. He didn’t have it in him to be at honest as Victor. Not for lack of trust, but simply because he didn’t want to think about them anymore than he had to. To say they’d been dysfunctional raising him was an understatement. “I was m-more of a…a bookworm.” He added. He liked libraries. They were peaceful, and quiet. Something that was rare in his household.

[break][break]