TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
stars far from this town [m]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2022 23:09:57 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

The wooden bridge creaked beneath Memo’s feet as a tepid early spring wind brushed against his cheekbones. The swaying logs echoed the rolling and falling of his stomach, and he swallowed to fight off the nerves. Memo had a history of not listening to reason, so doing practical things that were good for, well, the order of the world, was a bit out of character for him. But he couldn’t fight the gnawing urge that he’d left home for something. He just had to find out what. [break][break]

He hadn’t intended to become a Ranger when he’d first come to Hoenn. Mostly, he’d just wanted to fuck around, sow his wild oats, maybe find a music job in a market that wasn’t quite as saturated as the one back home. But damn, if this place wasn’t a mess. Terrible rips in the fabric of the universe were opening up randomly around Hoenn, Rocket was busy fighting a tree for control of a city, and normalcy was being punted by the wayside. [break][break]

Now, Memo was no do-gooder at heart, but the line of encroaching chaos had to be drawn somewhere-- and the one skillset he did proudly stick by was his spur-of-the-moment, foresight lacking decisions. Even still, as Ranger HQ loomed in front of him, tree-hut roof shaped like a launching missile against the bright orange setting sun, Memo did his best to convince himself that he was feeling dizzy because of the heights and the wobbling Fortree bridges, and not because of nerves. [break][break]

A fuzzy shadow on the horizon melted into view as Shivani, his Shuppet, floated nearby. Unusually good-natured for her species, she read his look of concern and went to bonk her onion shaped forehead against his temple, forgetting she was mostly ghostly and just swallowing his head within her intangible, smokey form. Memo hacked a cough and went to sweep her away, stumbling through the front door of Ranger HQ hawking like a six pack a day smoker with a concerned Shuppet lingering just over his shoulder. [break][break]

[attr="class","rigidtag"]

[attr="class","rigidnotes"]

notes.

mission commitment, act I: roleplay your first ranger sign-ups/expedition with a mentee.

[attr="class","rigidpokes"][BREAK]

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid i] color: #d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidw] padding: 40px; background: #272727; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigid span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 20:35:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Originally, the plan was for Sénon to meet this particular trainee—however due to recent events that had happened, one of the two Head Rangers was temporarily out of commission, which meant that all the work the other man had was piled on Lars himself.

(Thank hell that Fortree and Lilycove were close enough to make the trip within the day, but still.)

The good thing about this was that he’d already arrived at the location before the other had shown up—he’d crammed the information while on the trip from Lilycove as best as possible.

“Ghosts tend to do that a lot, you know,” he remarked from one corner as he looked up. “You’re related to Red? I mean, Sénon?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 19:56:14 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Yeah, Memo was not surprised at all to hear Sénon had been sidelined as a result of on-the-job actions. No one in his family was super well-loaded in the common sense department, least of all his mother’s family, who tended to skew more towards the ‘braver than they needed to be, make up for it in volume’ side of the spectrum.
[break][break]
So, yay, there was someone to fill in for Sénon to get Memo onboarded. Great stuff.
[break][break]
Unfortunately, Shivani had caused him to pull his six-pack-a-day smoker’s cough out in front of the other Head Ranger. Sorry, boss, I swear I don’t partake. That much.

[break][break]
“First Ghost,” he said by means of explanation, wiping tears out of the corners of his eyes. It wasn’t technically true, as Silas was also, technically, a ghost-- but he couldn’t do the intangibility thing that Shivani could. He was pretty much as useful as a rock with the personality to match.
[break][break]
“Yes,” Memo said, once he had his breath back-- Shivani floated near him, grinning to beat the band. The PokeDex said Shuppet were creatures of dark energy, who fed off of jealousy and malice-- but whoever’d written that slam pamphlet hadn’t met Shivvie.
[break][break]
“He’s my cousin,” Guillermo amended, holding out his hand to shake. “Guillermo Marceliño, sir. Most call me Memo.”
[break][break]

notes.

mission commitment, act I: roleplay your first ranger sign-ups/expedition with a mentee.

[newclass=.rigid] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid b] color: #d49736; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid a] text-decoration: none; color: #d49736; font-style: italic; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #d49736; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigid u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidtag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidtag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d49736; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rigidnotes a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #d49736; [/newclass]

[newclass=.rigidpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #d49736; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 17:30:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Well, he wasn’t going to question the eugenics of everything—especially not how two people were related.

(Just ask him about his cousins, , or . All of them were as different from each other as they were unique.)

He wasn’t bothered by the specter that was hanging around the other, considering that he had his own collection of Ghost-types to call his own, however the Shuppet was content to hang around the other man’s shoulder.

“You can call me Lars,” he introduced himself in turn, returning the hand shake gesture.

“I don’t know how much of what we do that Red told you about, but formality is just that—formality. I prefer to think of the Rangers as one big-ass family, so there you have it.”

It was time to get right into it.

“Before anything else… how open are you to strange things happening right in front of you? Like, absolutely absurd or fantastical things…”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 21:25:59 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Lars’ handshake was firm, and his hands were rough. Sure signs, his mother would say, of a working man, immediately disavowing from the class of people she’d let her daughters date. He seemed a bit of a hardass from first impression, but the more he talked, the more Memo got the feeling that Sénon was a thousand times scarier than this beanstalk.
[break][break]
“I can roll with that,” Memo said with a grin. He was definitely liking the sound of ‘one big family’. He just so happened to be in the market for a new one.
[break][break]
The next question surprised him. It caught him off guard enough for a puzzled frown to cross his face-- that had not been on the list of interview questions he’d practiced in his head. But Memo was nothing if not a fast thinker, so he recovered quickly with a very convincing shrug.
[break][break]
“I can roll with those, too, I suppose,” he said, managing to sound both unimpressed and interested at the same time. “I’d take that over ‘boring’, at the very least.”

notes.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 21:38:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Maybe he should make that question a part of the initial round of questions he would ask any and all future recruits that would join the Rangers and be placed under his assignment for training moving forward—considering Hoenn the region was a fucking magnet for so many weird things, ‘normal’ was considered to be the ‘weird’ shit around here.

“Okay, that’s good to hear,” he nodded as he gestured to the seat in front of the desk.

“Next question—how much do you know of legendary Pokémon? Like… their tales, fables, stories and such?”

Kind of a question that came out of left field, but it was important, considering that… well… yeah. Legendary Pokémon seemed to favor just… dropping into the region and causing chaos and mass mayhem before leaving.

(And then returning again to cause more mischief, but that was a story for another day.)

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 22:38:21 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

Guillermo couldn’t escape the puzzled look re-emerging over his face. This was definitely not the line of questioning he was expecting-- and unlike the last one, which could be chocked up to workplace experience, he couldn’t for the life of him riddle out what the purpose of this question was.
[break][break]
Maybe to rule out the cultists and whackos? Did Hoenn have a lot of those?
[break][break]
“Not much, I have to be honest,” he said, exchanging a look with Shivani, who was giving him an encouraging grin. “My parents are pretty Arceus forward people and didn’t really leave room for a lot of--,” he almost said self discovery and then stopped himself, feeling that landed a little too close to home, “imagination.” He shrugged. “Though I’m a quick learner, if there’s, like, assigned reading I need to do.”

notes.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 22:48:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oh boy.

This was going to be… a bit of a problem.

He wasn’t sure how Red Sénon was going to tell the other about the existence of avatars and the like, considering that the other Head Ranger (Lars himself) was one of those human champions chosen by a Legendary Pokémon

“All I can say is that—keep an open mind, because whenever big shit starts going down… Legendary Pokémon just start appearing out of nowhere.”

He didn’t complete the rest of the sentence, though. It would be best for the other to witness this insanity first-hand.

“I have no idea why Hoenn is a magnet for these supernatural happenings, however I can advise you to always be ready, be quick on your feet, and always have a first-aid kit on your person regardless of wherever the hell you go. Even if you’re not like, actively on duty.”

He then reached for a piece of paper and began to scribble something on it.

And then, another question.

“Do you know anything about avatars?”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 22:57:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

He couldn’t shake the feeling that he had disappointed Lars, though he couldn’t exactly say why.
[break][break]
“Well, my family and I never really did see eye-to-eye,” he said by means of reassurance. “I’m a bit of a black sheep. So consider my mind very open.”
[break][break]
There was obviously more to it than that but he really didn’t think he needed to be unpacking his bags on his new boss’ doorstep ten minutes after meeting the guy.
[break][break]
“Can do, sir,” he said, torn between saluting and not saluting when Lars asked his next question. Again, Memo could do nothing but blink and look puzzled.
[break][break]
“Uhh. In what context, sir?”

notes.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 23:11:24 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Much as he wanted to leave the rest of everything to Red Sénon to handle, from the way the other man had been injured, it was going to take a while before the other was out of the hospital.

(Lars had always been doing the workload of two Head Rangers, for a long while now—so this was nothing new to him.)

“You’re a black sheep too?” he continued with a bit of a smirk on his face. “Well, there’s a lot of misfits within the ranks. You’ll fit in just fine,” he hummed as he finished writing down the slip of paper the other would need before handing it to him.

“Take this to the Lilycove Ranger Headquarters when you have free time, and get yourself a first-aid kit,” he went on. “And always keep it on you no matter where you go.”

Speaking of which, though…

“Okay, so let me give you the cliff notes version of it. There are—there are people, around the region, who have been chosen to be a Legendary Pokémon’s ‘champion’, as it’s said.”

Right then and there he heard a familiar snarking cackle in the back of his head.

‘Shut up! Not now!’

‘Don’t want to scare them away now, do you?’

‘Geez! Later!’

Anyway…

“So if you encounter anyone who has strange powers that you know normally only exist in comics… make sure to remember their faces, or if you hear their name, the better. And whatever legendary Pokémon they’re aligned with.”

He then took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Some of these people are… unfortunately… on the side of Team Rocket. While most of the others are on the side of the League.”

close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2022 23:34:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rigid"]
[attr="class","rigidw"]

He caught his boss’ sly smile and responded with a grin of his own. “Yep-- the proud ‘one’ of the family.” Though his younger sister also wanted to be an artist and had dyed her hair, so he had a feeling she was just on his heels.
[break][break]
Memo accepted the slip with a nod of his head, folding it up and putting it in a secure zip-pocket in his jacket. “Will do.”
[break][break]
He was pretty sure his jaw dropped open. There were a few seconds where he waited for the punchline of the joke, but Lars just looked tired.
[break][break]
“Wow.” Memo blinked. “That is not at all what I expected you to say.” At least he was honest.
[break][break]
Human beings with the power of a legendary? Man, how’d they get so lucky, and where could he sign up?

notes.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2022 23:44:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Being normal out here is the minority,” he continued with a tired chuckle. Because—with the way so many legendary Pokémon were appearing whenever shit went down? Yeah.

This was going to be a long-ass ride for the other.

“I don’t think your cousin’s going to be out of the hospital for a while, though. Much as I want to make a crack and say you’re stuck with me, that may be in bad taste, however circumstances already happened. But trust me…”

He then pinched the bridge of his nose.

“The strange and fantastical is what’s ‘normal’ around these parts. We’ll go over your training another day—meet me down at the Lilycove Ranger Headquarters on your next free day,” he went on as he slid over a piece of paper that his contact details.

“We’ll talk over the rest of the things you need to know over there, and if we have time after that, we can go out into the wild or two.”

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 4:53:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)