Long Nights on White Rock (Open)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2022 13:19:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The night air felt good on her skin, it was nice to, for once, get a chance to ignore the seemingly endless work that came with her position and enjoy a night in her hometown. Not like she was popular or anything, she had always been a bit of a hard ass and, if anything else, a shut in. She really never opened up here before, but it did begin her passion for pokemon lore, history and science and ultimately it was what pushed her into wanting to find the legendary pokemon Giratina in the first place. Now she wanted to someone the pokemon could approve of, she wanted to grow and become someone worthy of its respect and she was saw moving her way up Team Rocket as the easiest way. She felt as though anyone who could gain the respect of humans should be able to gain the respect of a legendary monster, if she failed to do one, she would ultimately fail the other.

The thoughts become too much she fell backwards, laying on a thick blanket she brought out before the lake, fixating her eyes on the moon instead of the water.

The white space rock and the white rock she lay on felt similar enough. She could pretend she was somewhere else whenever she was here and leave her worries behind. But alas, she over thought and the feeling of calm didn't come as quickly as she hoped. The woman wore a black tank top and a puffy beige overcoat to keep herself warm, her black pants and boots setting her up with a near monochromatic aesthetic if not for the jacket offsetting the whole thing. She felt the presence of a warm creature sat happily between her legs, her Quilava, Brute. The thing usually flaming and aggressive now sat peacefully in her lap as she sat up, eyeing her once and cooing with a soft tone before rubbing it's head against her core as it climbed up. "Need not worry about me, Brute. Thank you though. she ended petting the creature into a state of relaxation as a pokeball burst open on her hip and Snubbull came out, stretching and shaking it's frilly body about before leaning against her side and laying down for rest as well.

While she didn't particularly enjoy people, she did love her pokemon team very much and moments like these reminded her why. But alas, both pokemon were jostled into awareness as she pet them both and pointed at the sky. "Shooting star. Make a wish."

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2022 9:01:50 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I wish to become a Pokémon!" A giddy voice would ring in Nathara's ears.

Sitting not too far from them was a bespectacled girl clad in a bright purple onesie resembling a nondescript draconic creature with big, cartoony eyes. However, this wasn't some little kid that had decided to go out in their pajamas. She was a young adult who somehow still thought wearing this ridiculous costume in public was a good idea. Behind her, an impressive Salamence was lying on the grass with its body curled up like a gigantic cat, while the dragon-costumed girl nestled between its front and hind legs. And upon the girl's lap, a small Deino was resting, breathing soundly as she lightly scratched its black fur.

Finally noticing the other woman, Andrea turned towards her with a friendly smile. "Hi there!" She spoke. "What's up? Are you making a wish too?"
@sqwhirl
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2022 16:22:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Nathara seemed to barely even acknowledge the woman's words. For a moment it was as if they had fallen on deaf ears, but within a few seconds she managed a slow and subtle reply. "I wish the world was a happier place." Her conclusion drawing a rather somber tone as she turned her head slightly to look the woman up and down. She had not realized she had been so close to another individual but the woman's tone seemed cheery, making her debate adjusting her approach as to not ruin her mood. Sliding up into a sitting position Nathara slid a hand through the dark mess on her head before returning her gaze to the night sky, she continued admiring the abstract lines the shooting stars painted against the dark horizon. For once she could feel hope in her chest, not a plan of action, not a theory on legendary and mythical pokemon but just hope, that for once maybe the future could be a bit brighter. Her facial expression didn't change much, she still seemed as concerned as ever, thanks in most part to her resting bitch face, but she did feel...different.

"Why would you become a pokemon? And what pokemon would you be?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2022 20:12:32 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Wishing that the world were a happier place probably said more about the person making that wish than the implications of the wish itself. Unfortunately, when it came to reading the room, Andrea was illiterate, therefore she maintained her bubbly, happy-go-lucky attitude even in the face of her more aloof and jaded acquaintance. "That's a really beautiful wish! I should've wished for that too!"

Nathara's very valid question seemed to mystify the draconic cosplayer, who looked at her almost taken aback. "What do you mean why? Pokémon are the most awesome creatures on the planet! Who wouldn't wanna become one!" She asserted, setting her snoozing Deino down and getting up herself.

"I'd love to be a bird Pokémon and soar in the clouds!" The girl daydreamed out loud, running around in circles with her arms spread. "Or a Fighting-type Pokémon that can break boulders with one punch!" She said, throwing a punch in the air. She then ran up to the lake, taking off her shoes and dipping her bare feet in the water. "Or I could be a Water type and live my life in the sea! All Pokémon are amazing in their own ways!"
@sqwhirl

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 18:15:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Nathara raised a brow, she was a little taken aback by the girl's attitude for a moment, turning her head to look at her while she continued explaining how she felt. Her descriptions of the different types didn't change the blank look on Nathara's face however it did make her think the woman to be quite simple. But there was nothing bad about that. Her descriptions made her feel reminiscent of a childhood she never had and for a moment a smile cracked her stern features, she seemed like such a beautiful soul.

Nathara let herself relax, the girl kicking the water with a naked foot as the researcher laid back and continue to view the stars, eyes full of wonder as she considered the pokemon that might exist out there. "I get what you mean." She reached a hand out in front of her and grasped at nothing for a moment, "Imagine flying around in the night sky." Her thoughts went straight to her Mismagius, the beautiful ghost pokemon that has protected her since her youth. Her oldest and dearest friend.

She sat back up, seeming to come back to earth as she looked back to the younger woman with a soft smile, "What about Ghost types and dark types? those are my favorite." she returned, hugging her knees and enjoying the moments as they came.

@
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2022 20:21:48 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The ebony-haired woman partook in Andrea's daydreaming session, pondering what it would be like to be able to fly around in the night sky. "It'd probably be kinda hard to see at night, but I get what you mean... Meatloaf evolved very recently, actually. Flying on his back has been tons of fun!" The dragon-hooded girl said, pointing at her curled up Salamence.

"Traveling around Hoenn has never been easier! Thanks to Meatloaf, I was even able to get here without using a diving Pokémon!" The young woman added, casually admitting that she had breached a Rocket-occupied city simply because she could. Their security must have really been slacking if they had somehow missed the giant freaking dragon invading their airspace.

Blissfully unaware that she was socializing with an enemy of her country, Andrea continued kicking her feet against the cold water, while contemplating Nathara's words. "I'm currently trying to solve the mystery of why so many Ghosts are rumored to have once been human. It's a work in progress... As for Dark types, Chomper is one, so of course I like them too!" She mused, glancing at the other woman's Pokémon. "Do you have any Ghost or Dark types with you?" She curiously inquired.
@sqwhirl

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2022 18:13:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She didn't laugh but she did exhale through her nostrils, indicating a slight whimsy in her otherwise hardened exterior. "A Noivern may disagree." she noted, while not entirely truthful to the ability to 'see' it did use it's othersenses as a form of sight. Maybe not to the extent of a Whismur whom have very little vision but definitely more so than more common pokemon. "Maybe not seeing 'everything' is a worthwhile trade for freedom." Now she was the one being carried away by fantasy.

"That must be nice. I was born here." She added, pointing with her thumb behind her with a rather bland expression, looking past the strangely dressed woman and paying attention instead to the lake. "i grew up in a house just a little that way." She said it very regularly, but part of her envied the woman a bit, how would she get her hands on a pokemon that could fly her around? Maybe if she could evolve her Deino she could ride around on it but the dragon pokemon didn't seem the most ideal as a riding companion. Maybe it's dark persona matched her aesthetic though.

"We don't want to believe we die forever. We always want to believe after death there's something else. Something More. It's both poetic, and scientifically impossible to throw aside. There's only one way to find out." She added, her rather gothic tone escalating a fair bit more than she had wanted, especially considering how warm the conversation was prior to. She was even beginning to open up a little but logic and reason were her home, not sentimental value. Looking at the woman's Deino while she asked her question, she moved a hand to her belt and tossed a pokeball into the air, another Deino appearing next to dino girl's with a soft cry, happy to be out in the cool night air.

"I guess you can say they're my favorite." She added, grabbing three more pokeballs and revealing a few more members of her team. A Bisharp, her Mismagius and her Absol. The pokemon looking at her for a moment before facing down the intimidating pokemon she kept by her side despite her meager appearance. Bisharp stood tall like a soldier, watching Deino try to interact with the other in small a wrestling match, Absol stood behind Nathara and laid down on her lap with Brute, her Quilava. Mismagius was always the curious type, floating around the woman with wide eyes as she watched her and observed her before looking to inspecting the large lizard she kept as a pet next.

"Do all your pokemon have names like Meatloaf and Chomper?"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2022 20:29:33 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea's newfound friend got all philosophical for a moment, and even a bit morbid. She then revealed that she too had a Deino of her own, Chomper staring curiously at his seemingly identical twin (not that anyone could tell through his eye-obscuring bangs). The woman followed it up by sending out an Absol, a Bisharp and finally a curious Mismagius.

"What's wrong with names like Meatloaf and Chomper?" The dragon-hooded girl cluelessly asked, tilting her head in mild confusion. While she didn't quite get what Nathara was talking about, she didn't question it further. Instead, she pulled three Pokéballs out of one of her costume's pockets, unleashing a Kangaskhan, an Aggron and something that trumped them both: A ferocious-looking Tyranitar (that thankfully didn't summon a Sandstorm upon being sent out).

"This one is called Missy, and she's a very good mamma!" Andrea gestured at the Kangaskhan. The little baby resting soundly in her pouch was proof of her good parenting. "This one is called Sandy. She's big and strong! Her Hyper Beam goes DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU!!" She then introduced her Tyranitar, doing a subpar imitation of what a Hyper Beam was supposed to sound like. "And this is Barron. His armor is the toughest in the world!" She finally pointed at her Aggron, who was somehow the only party member with a dignified nickname. He was just built different.
@sqwhirl